What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #6277

Omg! How cool is that!

Today a friend and I had a long seafront walk. Then had a jolly lovely lunch.

Mackerel salad to start, then

Pork chop (Oi! Chef what did you trim the fat off for! :confused:) with buttered brocolli, spinach and carrots (just a couple!)
Great day☺

(Ernest) #6278

I didn’t see anyone cracking eggs at the hotel breakfast “bar” so I made a U Turn for my room…

a

(Mame) #6279

yum! I use daikon radish instead of potato in my chowder, you?

I am delighted to eat all the venison that you do not want to eat!
I don’t currently have a hunting friend and I miss it so much! :joy:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6280

Wow ! Dinner was the bomb ! :grinning:
Grilled Ahi Tuna, with a side dish of Zucchini Au Gratin :slightly_smiling_face:

And the desert (sorry, no picture) was the sweetest, creamiest keto carrot cake I have ever had ! Actually, our neighbor, who is a keto coach, and now a keto Baker, who is selling her keto deserts at fairs and such, made it… And unfortunately for us, she won’t give out her recipes. Can’t blame her though :slightly_smiling_face:

(Steve) #6281

Keto Chicken Alfredo
A small portion of spaghetti squash and green stuff.

('Jackie P') #6282

Toasted cheese and tomato chaffwich😋

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6283

#ketodedication
:+1:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6284

I’m obsessed with pork belly at the moment. And it’s so convenient to just bung it in the slow cooker on ‘low’ after breakfast and eat it at supper time - it’s a no-effort meal!

7am:

7pm:

EDITED to say actually this was 10 hours, not 12 - I’d forgotten that before I left for work I’d plugged it into my handy timeclock to start at 9am!

7.30pm:

Six peas each, just for colour! We’re too keto for peas round here any more… :rofl:

(Steve) #6285

Nice! We cook on induction inside and out, super fast heat. With that little cast pan you could get a nice rib eye sear on and clean up before the smoke detector goes off in your room.

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #6286

yum!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6287

Italian Sausage Scramble

Hot Italian Sausage, Avocado, Tomatoes, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Jalapeño Havarti Cheese

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Brandy) #6288

(Ellen) #6289

Recipe please? The only time I tried making it was awful.

(Jody) #6290

1/2 a air-crisped duck and a few pork skins just because I was still hungry. lol

(Troy) #6291

Nice!!
I’m gonna do this
Do you add any liquids at all?
Or just allow to cook in its own nectar?

I’ve been having a hankering for jambalaya the last month or so. I found a good base and substituted riced cauliflower and reduced the chicken stock because cauliflower doesn’t soak up near as much moisture as rice.

This will be lunch the next few days.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6293

Burgers after the Beach

Giant Bacon Cheeseburgers with Muenster Cheese and Jalapeño Ketchup

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6294

No liquids - literally it’s just the pork, and some salt and pepper. It’s really really good!

:slightly_smiling_face:

('Jackie P') #6295

It looks delicious, I was addicted to pork belly slices, and used to put them in the oven for an hour

Which is also lovely, but yours look as if less fat comes out! I had temporarily forgotten about them. I am working tomorrow so will give it a go😋

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6296

They were pretty much confited in their own fat - and put it this way, I only needed a fork to eat them with.

The first time I did them I cooked them on low for just a few hours and finished them in the oven. They went a bit too crisp.

The second time, I upped the slow cooker to ‘high’ for the last hour, having drained the fat off first. Made a heck of a mess, but they were lovely.

Third time lucky: low all the way, leave them alone to swim, and don’t bother turning it up. They were the best yet!

Have just put half the side-product pork fat into tonight’s chilli!