What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

Saw the recipe for these on the strong sista’s youtube channel and made them tonight. Carnivore waffles: nothing but lamb, eggs, and salt. Really enjoyed them as did my 9 yo daughter who’ll try most of my experiments and my 10 yo son who’s super freakin’ picky. I was getting low on batter in pic 2 here and was about to whip up more.

(Susan) #5130

That is super that you have your kids doing Keto as well =).

They aren’t but I try to get them to eat reasonably well. I’m probably the only parent they’ve ever heard of who tells them to make sure to eat all of their meat and that veggies are optional. :smile:

They also get to hear me expound of the virtues of bacon.

Didn’t take a picture :grimacing:, but my daughter cooked salmon with a thin layer of dijon and a tad of garlic powder with a crust of crushed pecans and parmesan. We had veggies with cheese sauce on the side. Fantastic!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5133

Dinner BPGTea

Salted today, Very nice! Like a buttery soup broth. :yum: I’ll be doing my Fat Fast through till a breakfast on Tuesday. I’m feeling great, lovely weather here in Central California on the Monterey Bay. Yoo-hoo! Super stoked that I bought 32” waist pants today, I haven’t been this slim since High School!

:cowboy_hat_face:

Made our first Sous Vide Roast. (30+/- hrs.) Just to test. Wasn’t bad, but I’ll stay with Steak. Seared it best I could with the shape. … Had some Roast, Kale, Deviled Eggs, Cottage Cheese and Pepperoni.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5135

@Digital_Dave What cut is that and what time/temp did you use? You might like it better cooked at a lower temperature more pink. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #5136

Yay! Someone here finally has found out the deliciousness of sweetbreads! I’ve loved them since I was a child.

(Susan) #5137

Hehe, well maybe over time they will want to do Keto too =).

Or for some of us on this forum: One Massive Ass Dinner (I borrowed this, I remember someone on the forum mentioning that this is his wife’s meaning and my husband agreed that it applies to me, as well ;))

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5139

@Meerkatsandy That was @Digital_Dave!:joy::joy::joy::grin:Who else could it possibly be?

:cowboy_hat_face:

yeeessss, it was Dave :joy:
I wasn’t 100% sure, so I didn’t want to mention the wrong name :wink:

(Jane) #5141

Keto on a cruise ship is this easy:

Burger patty with cheese, bacon, mushroom, onion. Sliced corned beef. Mustard and A-1 sauce.

Had an omelette and bacon for breakfast this morning.

(Susan) #5142

That is awesome, Janie!

Yes Sir, wasn’t sure on the cooking time/temp, so the Wife tried using the information provided with the Recipe Booklet that came with our Sous Vide. But my thoughts exactly that it should be more Pink, and I think this is one reason I didn’t care for it as much. … Edible of course, but yeah, a little overdone to my thinking. (140° is what the book called for, but generally I use 130° for Steak) So if we do another one sometime, I will be trying that. But thought to try their recommendation for the first time.

:wink: Yep, Guilty as charged. :+1:

(Jody) #5144

Excuse me Sir …

I am OMAD again so it would likely be 8-10 patties now … thank you very much!

:rofl:

(Jody) #5145

Weekend Recap …

Friday OMAD: 4 x 6 oz burger patties from BurgerSmith (cooked RARE).
I did tip the platter up and get all that meat nectar when I finished the meat :wink:

Saturday OMAD: HUGE Ribeye and 2 x Kiolbassa. There was some raw ground beef (shared with one of the dogs) that didn’t make the picture.

Sunday OMAD: NY Strip, Ground Beef (w/ all rendered fat), 2 x Kiolbassa

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #5146

:+1::+1::+1:

('Jackie P') #5147

:blush:

(Liz) #5148

I have been banned from buying another kitchen appliance :rofl:…so have had a go at a ‘wafflette’, mixture as for a chaffle but minus the waffle maker! Actually for a first go not bad, incredibly filling. Served with some corned beef and extra butter, will try again on a higher heat for less time to get more crunch but could easily be filled as a sandwich, couldn’t finish it so will test the sandwich theory for tea tonight!