What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Brandy) #2755

An annual bbq at our house this weekend for one of my husband’s social networks meant another smoked brisket was in order. Since this guy was so big, we had to stay up all night and babysit it. The taste was with the work and lost sleep.

I never thought I’d say I was sick of brisket, but alas, here I am. Tonight’s dinner had to be less heavy. It just had to be. So Asian style crack slaw it was, with ground pork instead of ground beef and just enough carrots to to round out the taste but not get all carb crazy about it.

(Jane) #2756

Pffftttt - that small portion??? A blip on the radar.

(Allie) #2757

I wish it were easier and cheaper to get allulose here in the UK :slightly_frowning_face:

(Heather Meyer) #2758

I source mine from the USA! It costs an arm and a leg but lasts a long time… Shipping and Duty fees is through the roof, but i cant use Erithrytol based sweetners so i have very few choices

(Allie) #2759

Exactly why I won’t pay for it until it’s more easily available. It’s so rare I use any sort of sweetener, just can’t justify the cost.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2760

We should go halves! :joy::joy:

(Steve) #2761

Nice job, it’s always worth the effort! When I cook a large brisket, I vac pack nice chunks with extra juice for a quick boil-in-bag meal, it tastes like it just came off the smoker. AAA 10 pounder from Sam’s Club has always been outstanding tender flavor for me and the price can’t be beat.I also ketofy it with a very rich dipping beef gravy.
IMG_2050

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2762

Lunch today was two burgers with edam slices, topped with cherry tomatoes and a very nice avocado :yum:

(Jody) #2763

I didn’t get on over the weekend, but I can see a peep-toe happening :wink:

On a serious note:

1. I do actually love the color of your nails.
  2. That plate looks AMAZING.
    (well, the plate is basic white and while still nice, I was really talking about the food on the plate :wink: )

(Jody) #2764

They JUST opened a Texas Rodhouse about 2 miles from my house, so Friday we had to go enjoy the foods. I had the 16 oz Prime Rib with butter (as seen in the cup).

Saturday we had BBQ from a new place we found. I have 1 lb of Brisket and 1/4 lb of sausage. It was delicious.

Sunday was a TMAD.
Lunch was 4x Whataburger patties.

Dinner was:
Ground Beef (cooked and drained)
chicken liver cooked in lots of ghee and duck fat
4 eggs cooked in the same ghee and duck fat (undrained)

All mixed in a bowl

(on the plate) is 3 slices of pan-grilled leaf fat.

(Karen) #2765

Half a wooden avocado, broccoli sprouts, egg

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2766

:joy::joy::joy: I’ve been slacking in the toe-slip department this weekend!

1. You gotta love a nice summery nail colour! :laughing:
  2. Thank you, shame my mum wouldn’t eat it. Oh well shouldn’t complain…I got to eat what she left! :hugs:

(Jody) #2767

Sorry your mom wouldn’t eat it. I don’t know why … it looks really good to me. I know it can be hard for some people to transition and until it “clicks” for them … it’s really not going to happen. Just make sure to keep giving her little bits of info, lead by example and try not to “force” it because that usually backfires.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2768

She ate some chicken and avocado for lunch while I was at work…that’s a start, right?! :joy::joy:

(Jody) #2769

indeed it is!! :+1:

('Jackie P') #2770

I am doing a bit of a lucky dip from my freezer this week. I have so many containers with, I’m not sure what! I so must get more organised😐 Tonight I thought it was some kind of beef mince ragu or chilli. Instead I got

OMG a portion of beef madras left over from curry night! It was so good- and jolly hot!
Should keep me going until at least 3am when I will have, the same salad as last night with sardines and some mussels. Maybe a few pork scratchings!
Last night of 3!
:rofl: :upside_down_face: sorry guys I dunno what happened there!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2771

Finally stopped having a boo-boo tummy, and can resume eating. So, why not start with utter trash? Tasty trash. It tasted really, really good.

McBreakfastMuffinlessMuffin:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2772

I paid £6 for a cooked chicken in Morrison’s last night…I wasn’t prepared to let it go to waste :joy:
There was more left over and I ate that too

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2773

It’s good to see that you’re back to your

Dirty Lazy KETO Self!

(Still trying to stand in for @dlc96_darren) :wink: :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2774

Sautéed :avocado: :egg::egg::egg: and :bacon::bacon:

I cut into a seemingly perfect avocado to find that about 1/3 of it was still hard. In the past I would have :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: about it, scouped what I could salvage and pitched the rest.

I learned recently here on the forum that you can save it by sautéing it for a minute in fat. Delicious! Don’t pitch your bad guesses when it comes to under ripe Avocados. :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face: