What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2735

Nah she did it for about a month or so, got all the cook books and all the ingredients, but fell off the wagon and never got back on it. Trouble is with mum is she loves her sweets and her drinks too much…

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2736

Thank you @CrackerJax :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2737

I really hope so @Momof5 I just want her to stay well enough for long enough to be able to enjoy her granddaughter. We all live together too.
I started off lecturing her, then presented her with the facts, sent her links to read, made her food, got angry with her, then I tried to understand from her viewpoint, stopped arguing with her and now I just feel sad for her. I’ve been through every emotion with her and there’s not much more I can do. It’s up to her now!

('Jackie P') #2738

Basically, into the narrow jug you get with a stick blender, break 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp ACV, lemon juice or any vinegar really, a tsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Then carefully pour 1 cup of oil on so it floats! (Personally I use light olive oil, it’s not necessarily the healthiest but I find EVOO bitter, and avocado oil too expensive!)
Then carefully put your stick blender in so it “cups” the egg yolk. Put on full power and it will start to pull the oil through to emulsify. Slowly lift the blending stick and by the time you get to the top! Magic, 2 minute mayo!
There are some YouTube videos of this method online.
Otherwise I just shake a mixture of EVOO, ACV mustard, salt and pepper and a few flakes of herb, or chilli in a little jar. :yum: Enjoy!

(Susan) #2739

Thank you!! =). I will make that for my salad at supper tonight, sounds great.

Brisket made in oven. (No grill or smoker.) Covered in a spicy rub and finished under the broiler after a nice low, slow roasting. Made a pan sauce with the drippings. It was yummy. I ate at least a full serving just standing at the kitchen counter. I :heart: Meat.

(Dan) #2741

Today I have had a busy working day so I had a coffee and big glass of water for breakfast. It’s been quite warm so be on pints of water most of the morning. Had tinned sardines for lunch with a handful of salad. Two fried eggs with hot sauce, three butchers sausages (really meaty and hardly any filler so very good for the carbs).

(Heather Meyer) #2742

This is NOT Lunch…but rather… a splentastic little experiment turned success. After my homemade ice cream fail yesterday due to an ice cream maker snafu, i attempted a full cream recipe using the no churn method of whipping air into it prior to freezing and using pure Allulose to cut down on the icyness. The results were delicious!

Mint Chip and Red velvet!

!!  Happy National Ice Cream Day!!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #2743

that looks very good.

Mid-day meal from earlier… Some Smoked Vienna’s, Egg Salad, Cottage Cheese, Hard Salami, Egg Salad wrapped in Ham, Deviled Eggs, Pickles, Olives, some Cheese’s, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp and a small piece of Steak from last night.

(Diane) #2745

Dinner: three fried eggs, Keto biscuits and gravy. Still zeroing in on my perfect eggs, but getting pretty close.

(Ashley) #2746

Didn’t plan on eating again today but my neighbor smokes 10lbs of chicken at a time so he always brings us 6 legs. Yum.

(Ashley) #2747

Well my grandma brought me a new low carb ice cream so I’ll probably have that after it softens.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2748

Ooooh let me know how it is, I saw an ad for that brand and I’m interested :yum:

(Ashley) #2749

The top softened enough, and I would say holy crap it’s good! Like too good! I heard the peanut butter and the cookie dough are really good as well but this is all she could find besides chocolate and then there’s vanilla and butter pecan which I’ve seen is less desired. I won’t eat the whole pint, but I think it blows halo top out of the water! 6g for the entire pint though :heart_eyes: I will say it is very very minty but I like mint chocolate chip so yum! I also like it’s more dense than halo top which has a lot of whipped air in it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2750

Ugh I have to find it near me :weary: I’d prob tear up that whole pint and regret it afterwards :joy:

(Ashley) #2751

It’s on the expensive side, $5.50 for me. From reviews I saw, I would recommend peanut butter or cookie dough, seems to be people’s favorite. Unless you like mint, this has a very strong mint flavor.

(Susan) #2752

That was very thoughtful of your grandma =).

(Diane) #2753

I like the Mint Chip, Peanut Butter Fudge, and Butter Pecan Rebel ice cream flavors. I’ve never tried the Cookie Dough, Chocolate or Coffee flavors. I didn’t like the Vanilla or Strawberry, I didn’t think they tasted like much of anything at all.

It sounds like I eat it a lot, but I have it maybe once a month, if that. I generally eat the whole pint, but it’s my dinner when I do. I’ve even snuck it into the movie theater a couple of times.

(Susan) #2754

I have never tried any Keto icecream, I have looked at Walmart and have never seen any that I thought were okay. I looked at the Halo ones and the labels didn’t look Keto enough for me at this point, maybe later on Maintenance as a treat.

I don’t think Canadian Walmart’s have the Rebel.