What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Heather Meyer) #2675

Why is yo cauliflour purple???!!!

(Allie) #2676

Today I decided to have salmon with my eggs :grinning:

(Allie) #2677

You get purple cauliflower, and broccoli, and carrots too.

Had a second round of poached eggs. Added a little salsa and sour cream. Also a little guac on the side.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2679

@x-Dena-x I just thought of you at the supermarket! :joy: they had mortadella with pistachios in! I almost got some and then remembered I can’t eat nuts anymore! :joy: booooo!

('Jackie P') #2680

@ClareBear Nooooo! I :worried: Remember the hemp seeds!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2681

Me too! :joy::joy: still got a little bump on my forehead from that night! :face_with_head_bandage:

('Jackie P') #2682

I decided to make a tuna melt for the first time. Simply a can of tuna, homemade mayo, onion salt and pepper! Topped with grated cheddar and tomatoes😊

It was so easy and so good I have made one to take to work to nuke in the microwave!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2683

If that’s the Jalapeño Cranberry I agree, completely delicious :yum:.

I was at the local health food store, (much of their organic produce grown locally is cheaper than conventional produce at big supermarket chains) orange and purple cauliflower were only $0.20 a pound more so I got some. They are common varieties here available most of the year. The water in the steamer was blue green afterwards.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2684

Aww man all these tuna melts! I gotta get on Amazon and treat myself to a nice little dish I can put under the grill…

('Jackie P') #2685

I just used that oven proof dish, to tell the truth it was a bit big but…all the more room for cheese😊
But at work tonight its just going in the microwave in a plastic pot!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2686

Dinner tonight was super yum. Chicken, halloumi, olives and my homemade mayo. I tried to get my mum to eat some…I’m staying hopeful…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2687

Just Bacon and Eggs with Pepper Jack

I got the most awesome cast iron Bacon Press from Amazon, really keeps the splatters down and crisps the Bacon nicely while keeping it flat.

Definitely worth the purchase price of about $15. It weighs 3 lbs. :cowboy_hat_face::bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Diane) #2688

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

What size is that cast iron pan/ bacon press?

Also, that bacon looks so lovely and crispy!

(Jane) #2689

I use my cast iron bacon press all the time - love it!

(Jane) #2690

Lunch today. Made a BBQ run for my group.

Pulled pork, brisket, green beans with bacon and (not shown) small salad with poblano avocado ranch dressing. Too full for the salad so will have later

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2691

@DiMo It’s a standard 11” skillet

$14.50 right now. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2692

Salvage Soup

Last night I started a 2900g. batch of sauerkraut and I roasted 14 chicken legs. Steven and I ate 3 legs each for dinner and I peeled the rest of the meat off the bones and made bone broth overnight (4 hours at max pressure. I had 1 kg. of cabbage cores and leaf chunks, along with a couple of broccoli stems and cauliflower leaves from the bottom of the head. I made a favorite thing I like to call “Salvage Soup” .

Anything in the fridge that must be used! Came out delicious. I used the chicken meat and skin with the drippings from roasting them. I added 60g. of tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves and garlic granules. Yummy! :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Susan) #2693

That looks lovely and I am sure that it is delicious.

Thanks, now I have an idea for my husband’s bday :slight_smile: