What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Jody) #2513

I see your toes are “dressed” [for work?] in this picture. :laughing:

I see you like your bacon REALLY crispy. I am the opposite, I like mine all floppy and under cooked.

(Jody) #2514

2 x 1/2 lb burger patties w/ cheese.

I left all the juice in the plate so the dogs could clean it up when I finished :wink:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2515

Yes! All uniformed up during the weekday! :laughing:
I love this bacon…it comes pre cooked in a packet and it’s so delicious. I can inhale the whole pack these days…

(Jody) #2516

And there is NOTHING wrong with that. It’s just funny how there are 2 distinct “camps” with bacon … the crunch “camp” or floppy “camp”.

I have to admit, and this will not be the popular opinion, bacon is not my favorite as I MUCH prefer sausage.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2517

hah I’m much more of a crunch camp gal…I think it’s because I miss crunchy stuff on keto.

I miss sausage so much. I don’t eat much of it because here in the UK I’ve struggled to find a decent sausage that doesn’t have junky fillers in. I did eat some sausages with breakfast at my friends house at the weekend but I do it’s not often I do.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2518

Oh heck yeah. I’m 100% with you. Sausage is where it’s at.

(Jody) #2519

I agree, it’s hard here as well, but I have found some. I don’t hate bacon, but I could only choose one, it would would be sausage.

Well, at least i’m not totally alone :sunglasses:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2520

I love a good sausage too, but the amount that I eat I fear they would all add up to my daily allowance of carbs! :laughing:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2521

Really? The breakfast sausages I eat have no carbs in them, or maybe >1g but never anything more. I get a maple flavored kind and theres no sugar or fillers. They’re awesome.

(4e82945357be9ba37151) #2522

Oooh, please share the name of brand you buy! Totally miss maple sausage and haven’t had luck finding any without at least 4-5 carbs per serving and sugar in them :pleading_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2523

Sure thing. I get the Johnsonville Maple Sausage, usually the patties. They’re zero sugar, no carbs, higher fat than protein. Kinda perfect. I’m in the US, so I don’t know where you are.

Edit: I know Walmart carries them. Theyre not frozen, so they’re with the fresh stuff.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2524

We have a brand here called Heck that I’ve been thinking about getting. Might treat myself soon :yum:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2525

Go for it! Why the “Heck” not?

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2526

:joy::joy::joy:

(4e82945357be9ba37151) #2527

Awesome :sunglasses:

('Jackie P') #2528

M&s do a 97% meat one that is about 1g each, but the skins are tough and they are a little dry. My butcher upset me as my favourites are 10% rusk! Too much, about 5g each😕

('Jackie P') #2529

Today I had vegetable soup

And chicken satay! My new favourite😋

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2530

@CrackerJax @ClareBear It’s easy to make bulk sausage for patties if you buy ground pork, beef or lamb and mix in spices. There’s tons of recipes on the net. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #2531

Yes I do a mix of beef and pork for my meatballs and often make some little patties. Even I used some good sausages and beef mince in my meatloaf.
I will give it some thought though. I could maybe wrap them in bacon instead of skins!
I have found that milled flaxseed is a good substitute for breadcrumbs so …

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2532

Same with the burgers too :confused: too much added stuff thrown in for my liking. I always make my own burgers now but I do miss sausages x