What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Jody) #2072

no … people DO make mayonnaise (baconnaise) from bacon fat + eggs + acid. The biggest problem is that bacon fat solidifies when chilled and you have to put it in the fridge because of the egg.

Broke my fast at 87hrs today, so made these this morning in preparation for eating again…Greek pulled pork feta olive bacon topped pizza (on homemade turmeric alfredo sauce), made the family a bbq ranch pulled pork bacon topped one - both on the KetoConnect chicken pizza crust which is now hands down my favorite Keto crust! Also made my first attempt at Keto ice cream, only used HWC, pure almond extract, mct oil (to see if it helps it not over freeze), and 2 blackberries, 2 raspberries, and 1 tablespoon of chopped strawberries…no sweetener and I thought it was fantastic (my youngest didn’t agree, but he isn’t sugar free YET!).

(Jody) #2074

Lunch:

1/2 lb burger patty w/ Swiss
can of Mackerel Fillets

Hi Jody, is the mackerel very fishy tasting or more mild like salmon? I almost bought some the other day, but hesitated as I don’t think I’ve ever had it before.

(Jody) #2076

Mackerel is a strong tasting fish (LOVE it on the sushi bar), but I found these to not be near as strong as I hoped. They might be a about like a sardine which I would say is just a little more fishy tasting than salmon. I would give them a try, you never know … you might love them :wink:

(All the above said from a person who likes raw mackerel because it is SO strong and fishy. lol)

(Will knit for bacon. ) #2077

Grilled sirloin and Brussels sprouts, pan fried on the grill with bacon and a hefty dollop of baconnaise stirred in at the end.

One of the best Keto dinners I’ve had so far. Probably because the flavors were very different than what I usually have. The sriracha mayo was my attempt at a quick Bang Bang sauce. Finished with a short glass of iced coffee with HWC and homemade whipped cream.

(Troy) #2079

Nice!

I just got this as a gift on Saturday :flushed:
So curious!
To see what’s under the tin :smile:
I just ate, so I’ll try tomorrow probably

Time for google translate :rofl:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2080

When an Italian keto bish wants a snack, what are her options? I often crave a good tomato sauce. I love all things parmesan reggiano. I have like 7 carbs left, and I want a snicky snack. So what does a Guinea do??

Enter: Parmesan Parmesan . It’s 1 measured serving of Rao’s (half cup @ 5g total carbs), parm reggiano and mozzarella cheese, nuked in a pyrex measuring cup. Don’t be jealous because I’m so classy.

Used my bread-sized squares of Lavash Bread again tonight, to make some cheese bread. But then topped some with BBQ pulled pork. After folding them in half to eat, they reminded me of very meaty Hot Pockets. The Lavash bread was nice and crispy.

(Diane) #2082

Philly cheese steak with mushrooms, green peppers, onions and provolone.

(Diane) #2083

Oven roasted shrimp and cocktail sauce.

(Diane) #2084

Keto banana muffin with cheesecake fluff.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2085

Hey Jody, just curious why you feel artificial sweeteners are going to hurt your progress ? Have you tested to see if they are causing any insipulin spikes ? I haven’t, but I plan to.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2086

That looks awesome :slight_smile:

Ramen, lots of leftover roast beef, pork belly, pepper prawns, turkey liver, shiitake mushrooms in a thai duck stock.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #2088

Accidental experiment here. Yesterday I had two scrambled eggs with butter for breakfast, and that was it until this morning.

Wasn’t hungry this morning, but to reassure my husband (not keto, supportive of me yet baffled that a type 1 diabetic would not eat every meal) I’ve had delicious buttery scrambled eggs with some found-in-the-fridge leftover cooked bacon.

Am now very full indeed!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2089

Lunch today was a mixed plate of tuna with avocado oil, chorizo chips, olives, eggs and mortadella :muscle:

(Brennan) #2090

3 egg omelette with olives, broccoli, roasted artichoke, baby kale & spinach, nutritional yeast, maca root powder, collagen, salt pepper and cayenne! Took the bacon to go along with a salted toffee bullet proof coffee :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
If I’m doing TRE I’m still getting all my nutrients!

Well, I never got to post this yesterday, being some massive storms hit, causing major roadway failures and emergencies everywhere. … So I ended up putting back the Boiled Eggs back and taking the lunch meats on the road with me to finish while driving from scene to scene. - And ended up being out of the office for most of the rest of the day. … Roast Beef, Ham, Swiss Cheese, Pepperoni, Cheddar Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Cauli-Egg Salad, small portion of BBQ Ribs and some Almond Milk.

IMG_0709