What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

Happy birthday to Steven, I’m sure he will love it :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2053

@Meerkatsandy He found it and wanted some, I told him tomorrow on his birthday when his mom comes over. In the old days before KETO he would be sneaking in the kitchen to try and get some. He just put it away, he never really asks for snacks much. Before I went keto and had lots of crackers and things around it was a constant battle because he was gluten free. So much easier with us both eating KETO. :cowboy_hat_face:

@David_Stilley It really is much easier when you have each other’s support and save the best for last. :slight_smile:

(Khan) #2055

Yesterdays breakfast and dinner :slightly_smiling_face:!

20190706_132919|243x500

Sausage, egg and cheese.

Donner meat, seekh kebabs, cheese salad and mayo.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2056

Scrambled duck eggs and bacon strips!

(Cori) #2057

Was the Keto Bread the Fat Head bread?

(Jody) #2058

Ok. I failed to get some pics, but I will post what I have and what I ate:

Thursday:
Lunch: Few slices of deli roast beef wrapped in slices Munster cheese
Dinner: 6 x 1/4 burger patties from McDonalds. (We had not been feeling 100% and were coming back from the dog park so we just grabbed dinner.)
Friday:
OMAD - 2 x Turkey Thighs cooked on the Grill and some Chicken Liver

Saturday:
OMAD - Golden Corral. I had steak, pulled pork, butter.
Sunday:

Lunch: Prime Rib from J. Alexanders. This was the piece from the Prime Rib sandwich (just told them to hold everything but the meat)

Dinner:
1 lb ground beef + 6 eggs + Shredded Cheese + little Sour Cream. I did scoop both dogs some before the sour cream, so I didn’t get all the listed amounts. :wink:

(Jody) #2059

Extra Note (I know it’s not “food” … but the result of foods):

We spent a good portion of Friday afternoon shopping for me new shirts because my current ones are way to big. Most of the ones I have are XL and I just bought a few of Large and a few Medium ! The most of the changes have come SINCE starting Carnivore. About 2 weeks ago, I replaced all my dress slack with a size smaller as well. This is what it looks like since I started Carnivore (I do weigh daily just for trends and to see how meals / activities affect me).

(This is showing about 20 lbs lost in 1.75 months)

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2060

@Jody22 I like it, I’m hoping for similar results. So are you committed to doing carnivore now? How long has it been since you ate foods other than meat and dairy? I’m thinking about doing it for a few days a week for now, I have a vegetable garden and can’t let go of it just yet. Tomatoes are just starting to ripen and zucchini is kicking in. Not to mention my sauerkraut. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Jody) #2061

For the foreseeable future, yes, I am committed to Carnivore. I am getting some great results and am happy with the foods (I was always a meat guy).

In the beginning, I would have a single bite of some things my wife was getting in her Keto Box, but I have now subscribed to the Carnivore Crate so I will get my own. I also was still having a little artificial sweetener (mainly SF Tea and zero calorie energy drinks), but I have committed to going more hardcore. I am trying for meat, water and salt. We’ll see how that goes.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2062

No eggs? :cry:

(Jody) #2063

They are animal based so… sorry … yes, eggs and even some cheese (though I have to keep that in check. lol)

• See my dinner pic from last night :wink:

** My comment on getting stricter was in reference to the occasional bite of non-carnivore things and [mainly] artificial sweeteners. I guess a better example would be Meat, water, eggs, [occasional] cheese/dairy, salt.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2064

Chorizo and Eggs with Bacon

Topped with some Jalapeño Havarti
I forgot to photo before eating, lots going on a the moment…It’s always a party with Havarti! :cheese: :tada: :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #2065

I know the results from nose to tail carnivore can be just amazing! And clearly you’re getting good results. Well done. On your scale are you talking a drop of 5 pounds 10 pounds 20 pounds?

('Jackie P') #2066

I was really hungry today, but my body has got to learn, the holiday is over and we are back to normal! Had a plate of lamb ribs

They were lovely but … I am looking forwards to tomorrow’s dinner of belly pork slices and eggs more😋

(Jody) #2067

and I do love me some organ meats ! I have tried some different things of late (spleen, kidney come to mind).

That scale is right at 20 lbs lost on carnivore in about 1.75 months.

(Diane) #2068

That’s great!

(Karen) #2069

Please please, ladies, is there anyone doing carnivore that has seen this kind of fat loss? Again, well done, Jody. I like to make chicken liver pate, although mine includes mayonnaise which would not be too bad on carnivore if you made your own. After all it is only oil, acid and eggs. And a little garlic is good for the soul

(Jody) #2070

I agree, you can / have to find your own balance and what works for you. It was hard for me to give up the mayonnaise (made my own from Avocado oil), but when I tried Carnivore before, I didn’t get the results (VERY little weight loss) and many of the “veterans” in the FB groups said it was because I wasn’t REALLY carnivore due to the oils and extras.

When I decided to have another go (middle of May), I decided to get more strict. I was going to do the animal only way and really try to make it work. For the first month, I cut dairy but I have since added it back (though I do have to be careful as I can eat a TON of cheese lol). I am now dumping the sugar free tea / energy drinks (artificial sweeteners) and only drinking water (plain and carbonated via my Soda Stream) and one glass of BLACK cold brew coffee.

As far as a mayonnaise replacement, I am looking at trying something with animal fat as opposed to oil or a hollandaise sauce, but I haven’t found I need it yet. I do … very much … miss mayonnaise though.

I say this NOT to discourage you, but to give you my N=1 results for clean vs “dirty” carnivore. Now, having said that, there are many people who see results and still have mayonnaise and other “dirty” things so it’s what works for you and what you can maintain.

The general though is that you should go STRICT for 60 - 90 days to see how you react, then start modifying if you want / need.

(Karen) #2071

I know some people that make bacon fat mayonnaise. It makes me question if you can eat eggs and you can eat bacon fat why you couldn’t mix them together and still eat it. But I understand your point on clean versus dirty carnivore. Maybe it just wouldn’t work if you eat it separate from meat.