What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Mame) #7186

@Digital_Dave

I would love keto EFY. Looking forward to you sharing your recipe.

Have you tried konjac (gluconnan) for thickening the sauce?

(Karen) #7187

Lunch: pulled pork with sugar free barbecue sauce, and Dicon radish, cabbage stirfry

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7188

Oh thank goodness! :joy::joy:

(Jody) #7189

Been on Vacation so I haven’t posted in a week or so. I didn’t do the BEST at getting pictures of the foods … but it was Carnivore and the missing things are mostly the meat patties I ate while driving the family (including the dogs).

I am just going to throw them all up here in no particular order and hopefully will get back to my normal meal pics starting tonight. lol

Locally raised, grass fed, farm to table wagu beef burgers

Strip and 2 Brats (No peas were eaten … just no one else at the table wanted them either. lol)

Locally raised, grass fed, farm to table wagu ribeye (same place as the burgers above)

Prime Rib w/ side of Ribs (no sauce). This is like, but is not, Texas Roadhouse … it was a place in North Arkansas.

Thanksgiving Carnivore. (Sausage / pork roast / turkey)

4 x 6oz burger pattes (2 w/ Mozerella and 2 w/ Swiss)

(Heather Meyer) #7190

i used to be like this… i think its a texture issue more than a taste issue. I was always grossed out by someone eating mashed potatoes with pieces of green beans mixed in. As you could guess, shephards pie was on my hate list of dishes.

As a kid, even if my parents served me steak with green peas and mashed potatoes and broccoli, i would have to have them all separated from each other and i would eat the veggies first because the mashed potatoes didnt fit into the “slightly crunchy” category. Same with the steak.

Now… i tend to mash together salad fixings. Casseroles still arent on the top of my food list though.

I’ve actually added what I have on it so far to my Recipe thread, which can be found in the link below. But it’s still a work in progress. - But If I can get the sauce to thicken up and keep it’s present taste, I think this would work just fine. (but may still try tweaking it some probably) But as I mention, my Wife did say she could taste the Bean Sprouts over the other stuff, so will cut this back to 1 can next time and see how that works out. (I actually like the Bean Sprout taste, but don’t want it over-powering) :slight_smile:

I’ve never tried using konjac before, but remember others mentioning it’s use as a thickener. Might be worth trying, as I’m not sure if using Coconut or Almond flour would change the present taste? :+1:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7192

@Digital_Dave You have Xanthan Gum don’t you? :cowboy_hat_face:

Yes Sir, have that too, just haven’t tried using it as a thickener yet. (at least for any sauces that is) … I’ve had quite a few of those things around for a bit now, but haven’t experimented too much with them as of yet. - Do you know if Xanthan Gum jells up like the Psyllium Husk does? Love to hear what others use, and what results that have gotten from them. I really need to experiment more with some of them.

I also have stuff like Flax Seed, and have only used that for making soft taco like shells once. So yeah, I need to start making some stuff! :laughing:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7194

I like Xanthan Gum, used it for Giblet Gravy last week. For 1 1/2 cups of liquid mix about 1/2 teaspoon with a couple teaspoons of oil so it’s nice and loose to start. Let it sit for a few minutes while you prep. Mix again before adding to the hot liquid. It takes a little time to achieve full thickening. If it’s not enough mix a little more (don’t have to let it sit) or pinch the powder and dust the sauce in while whisking. Careful, don’t let it clump. Whisk while adding it. I use it for Chinese food all the time, I think it’s more like cornstarch sauces. I would definitely avoid almond and coconut flours. Not good thickeners especially almond flour. Flax may be turned rancid if you haven’t kept it refrigerated or frozen after opening. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Heather Meyer) #7195

Breakfast or Lunch? Maybe Dinner…who knows…

2 scrambled eggs with 3tbsp bacon bits fried in. A dash of dill, pepper and salt rounds it off.
A keto tortilla is not pictured here cause i ate it too fast… but it was good… Finally having signs of hunger today so thats a good thing!

Dinner… Pepperoni, Pimento Cheese, Pickled Sausage, Greek Yogurt, Salad, London Broil and Fried Brussel Sprouts.

Eggs & steak with a little provolone.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7198

Steak ‘n Cauliflower Bake

Sousvide Grilled NY Strip with Butter and Horseradish

Cauliflower Bake with Bacon and Jalapeño Havarti Cheese

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Mame) #7199

I agree with the above.

@Digital_Dave
I will have to check out the EFY recipe and give it a go maybe next weekend. I love bean sprouts myself! :heart_eyes:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7200

Steak and broccoli for lunch!

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if either one would be good for this either, so it’s good to know. :+1:

But definitely need to find out what would work best. Might try the Xanthan Gum next time. (Maybe next weekend?) … When I’m doing something like a stir fry with cut up Steak or Chicken I will sometimes just use some Cream Cheese, etc. but this isn’t what I wanted for the EFY sauce. I do like what David said about it being more like cornstarch which does work quite well if it wasn’t so high in Carbs.

(Jody) #7202

Monday dinner …

1.5lb raw ground meat sitting on 6 cooked egg whites w/ the 6 raw egg yolks on top.

@Jody22 Carnivore delight…:wink:

My carnivore lunch at work, I’m off to a “holiday LCHF baking class” with my friend and I didn’t want to shock my body with an erythritol-laced OMAD :wink:

Two thighs, bratwurst, 3 soft-boiled eggs, 1egg+3 yolk (made my husband some keto rolls this morning)+15g butter :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7204

Baked eggs in my lovely new dish from TK Maxx! :laughing::laughing:

Decided to get out of the office and grabbed something for lunch at Giant. … Since their Rotisserie Chickens have been over-cooked the last couple times, I decided try some of the hot bar choices. It was a little better, at least not being dried out… Added some Pepperoni, Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Vienna’s. 2 Small Meatballs, Chicken leg/thigh Quarter, Couple small pieces of Whiting Fish and Polish Sausage. Showed the Pork Rinds I picked up, but didn’t eat any today. Handful of Salted Peanuts and a bottle of Iced Tea.

IMG_2295