What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #674

Tried something new today. Based on a starter I had in a restaurant the other day

Prawns, avocado, lemon pepper and chilli flakes.
Topped with creme fraiche and cheese.

Didn’t look overly promising, but tasted delicious!
I like cooked avocado. :yum:

These little beauties are welcome into my body every single morning or when I fancy a treat. Can you guess what they are ? :yum:

The answer is chia seeds !

(Allie) #676

So I should’ve added lemon juice after burning it :joy:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #677

Rocks!

('Jackie P') #678

I thought they were eggs at first, but now I’m thinking they are some kind of nut kernel?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #679

Ham & Cheese Scone with Herbal Scrambled Eggs

Eggs with fresh garden herbs, Tarragon, Parsley and Chives

The Whole Enchilada

Super delicious! :cowboy_hat_face:

Savory Keto Scone
(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #680

Steak. Egg. Halloumi. Yum!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #681

@ketobulous Castor Beans :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #682

Cor that looks nice

(Jane) #683

What is Scraple? I remember it on a breakfast menu in New Jersey years ago but didn’t order it since I didn’t know what it was.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #684

@Janie Pig offal stewed with corn meal.

('Jackie P') #685

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #686

It’s gross and typically a southern NJ/PA thing. Up where I’m at, people don’t eat it. We do Pork Roll, which is far superior and greatest.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #687

@CrackerJax It’s not as bad as it sounds, a Pennsylvania Dutch/Amish classic, waste not want not. They used everything. You slice it and fry it crisp, doesn’t sound as gross as Black Pudding to me although it’s probably similar. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #688

Mmm… I’m sure - I don’t like black pudding much to tell you the truth. I believe in eating all the animal, but I don’t want to be the one who does it! But I love liver and kidneys, cheeks and tongues. I’m not a total wimp😊

(Diane) #689

So, I was at Trader Joe’s today and they still carry frozen artichoke hearts, here in SLC they are $3.29 for 12 oz.

They also have fabulous “Oven Baked Cheese Bites” and “Just a Handful of Olives” individual packages which are great movie snacks.

Chia seeds under the microscope :nerd_face:

(Will knit for bacon. ) #691

A recipe the lovely beccs directed me to over here. I used a pound of ground beef, a pound of sausage, and some of my homemade roasted red pepper marinara stashed on my freezer. It’s delicious.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #692

That looks yummy! :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #693

Creole Shrimp and Two Kinds of Sauerkraut

I had some leftover Creole Sauce from yesterday and stretched it a little, added a bag of Shrimp rubbed with Creole Spices and sautéed in coconut oil. The sauerkraut is Lemon Thyme and Golden Sauerkraut. Homemade? You know it! :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face: