Keto Chopped

(Will knit for bacon. ) #1

I’m new here so forgive me if I’m out of line, but I thought it would be fun to have a Chopped! thread where people can post ingredients they have hanging around and get fresh ideas from others about turning them into actual meals. I’m kind of getting tired of the same old same old.

For example, I currently have available:

Ground beef
Ground breakfast sausage
Bacon
Broccoli
Cabbage

What would you make with any or all of that?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

There are a million versions of this, google it. You can also put a list of things you want to use along with the word keto and it will bring up recipes with those ingredients. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Will knit for bacon. ) #4

Ooh, that unstuffed cabbage looks perfect! I have roasted red pepper marinara in my freezer (I make a triple batch at a time in my slow cooker) so there’s dinner sorted.

The other recipes are gonna have to wait ‘til I go grocery shopping again. That stir-fry looks delicious.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

Let us know how it turns out, if you don’t mind :smiley:

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
(Will knit for bacon. ) #6

Done. It’s yummy!

(Jane) #7

Love your tag line!

I’m a knitter also and got food poisoning so was very sick last night and really out of it today. We made a short trip to the store and when I got out of the car I left my knitting project I’d just started in the floor board. And my knitting bag slung over my arm.

My husband looked back and said “Oh, MY!” The trail of yarn was across the car, garage and into the house! :laughing:

(Will knit for bacon. ) #8

Lol when my old beagle was a puppy he got his collar hooked on my knitting while he was napping in my lap. Then someone knocked on the door, he jumped down dragging my sweater in progress with him, I panicked and screamed, he panicked and bolted.

Around the coffee table, into the dining room, through the chair legs, up the hall and back, me yelling to stop - it was like one of those old cartoons where the mice string rope through the house and then push an anvil off the chimney to drag the cat out.

He’s 8 years old now and he still won’t jump in my lap if I’m holding knitting.

(Jane) #9

:laughing:

(Jane) #10

I like the idea of your thread to post ingredients you have on hand and ask for recipes. We have some very creative cooks on the board - some who have cooked professionally!

(GINA ) #11

I made crack slaw the other night and added slivered almonds. It was a delicious addition

(Marianne) #12

Adorable visual!

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #13

@beccs Thanks for the “unstuffed cabbage rolls” recipe. I made that this evening and it was great!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #14

Ok now I need to make it after all these rave reviews :joy:

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #15

I made mine with a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground sausage. It is delish!

(Will knit for bacon. ) #16

Ok, I thawed out too many cube steaks. We had keto country fried steaks tonight. Any suggestions on what to do with the rest of them?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

They should stay good for a few days at least under refrigeration. Cook one up with some eggs for breakfast. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #18

Salisbury steaks? Also love @David_Stilley’s suggestion of steak and eggs :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #19

I’ve never had those except when Marie Callender used to cook them for me once in while served up in a handy microwavable black plastic tray. :man_cook:t3::grin::joy:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #20

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy: