What did you Keto today? Spectacular Spooktober! (PART VIII)

Feeling fishy this evening ; )

Smoked haddock, rolled omelette with prawn and rocket.

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #43

I love your meals that you prepare with such care and class! If you don’t mind my ignorance, what is rocket?

(Laurie) #44

Rocket = arugula.

Yep, that would be Arugula for you US folks : ) Which is a really funny word :joy:

I had to look it up several days ago… I love some of the English names, I didn’t know we have naked ladies before, for example. We just have a cute unique flower name for those lovely purple flowers coming out now, with the leaves wilted long ago… Naked ladies, lol.

Today’s dinner was a bit of chicken hanging out at a swamp :rofl:

I guess I could have sliced the chicken breast and placed it artfully atop the creamed spinach… but I didn’t :upside_down_face:

Got me some bacon and garlic in that there green swamp, just a touch of Parmesan.

:rofl:

(I mostly had pork roast and sponge cake so just the usual… One day I will make something more interesting, I plan a Halloween witch arm, for example.)

I love to see some of the crazy creative food people come up with for Halloween. But then I just REALLY love Halloween ; )

Supermarket finally had some stuff in for it, so I picked up a lovely spooky wreath, a skelly bride and groom, some spiders in a web and some of those bloody hand print stickers you put on the windows.

I am not particularly creative with food unless I am inspired and that’s rare but I usually use some base. I saw the arm thing in a video, I made some changes though, the base isn’t bread with deli meat but pure pork but that’s an obvious little change. Black olive nails, bacon… It should be nice. I even add some bone and blood, probably (real bone and colored yolk or something, I try to keep the carnivore level up, the olives are already non-carnivore but good enough for me).

I don’t even need Halloween, October or even autumn to have Halloween. My house and soul is in a perpetual Halloween celebration. Christmas may get an evening but otherwise it’s Halloween or at least potentially so… :wink:

I will have some Halloween weeks and try to make some proper photos, I have so many nice little items for decoration… I bought a skeleton and skull shaped translucent white plastic cups last year (some cups got painted by me since then), I got my skull goblet not so long ago too (I am bad with time, 1 year or 2, can’t tell apart)… And now I have many cute spiders. But I make black olive ones too.
I love watching Halloween treat videos but I only will make the simplest, easiest, less carby ones. Fortunately there is such a huge variety…

(Jane) #51

Instant pot fork tender chuck roast with cauliflower mash.

(Robin) #52

Instapot? I gave one 5to my daughter a few years ago and I don’t think she ever tried it. I may have to re-gift it. To myself!
I used to looove using a pressure cooker.

(J) #53

Wangssssss

Chicken salad for lunch.

With Rocket, Avocado, Gruyere cheese, Avo oil mayo, and some mustard.

(Jane) #55

An instant pot makes boiled eggs that peel like a dream.

I usually make “deviled” eggs so my IP formula is easy to remember 6-6-6 LOL

Pressure cook for 6 min, let sit for 6 min then manually release the pressure, ice bath for 6 min then peel.

(Laurie) #56

Yes, I learned that leaving eggs in the ice bath for too long is counterproductive. 20 minutes max.

(Jane) #57

Yeah, I did that once when I forgot about them and was surprised how much more difficult to peel.

(Betsy) #58

If Instant Pot makes tender chuck roasts I may need to buy one. I had a chuck roast in the oven yesterday for 8 hours and parts of it were still rubbery.

Do you put anything on it?

One day, many moons ago, the lid flew off our pressure cooker while in use. The sound was so loud, the content went over the electric hob, which tripped the main fuse, which also tripped off the electricity with a loud bang.

So now, I have a phobia of pressure cookers and instant pots and the likes. Which doesn’t make sense. But…it also does.

I’ll almost rather boil for hours on end.

Pepper grilled snapper with savoury lupin bean muffins (eggs, lupin flour, peppers, onions, palm oil & smoked mackerel)

The sauce is just drippings from the fish but dipping the muffins in it just makes them ridiculously tasty(ier).

(Robin) #61

A cookbook worthy photo!