What did you keto today? Part V (son of the cousin of the sequel)

food

(Jane) #161

Chicken and mushroom alfredo with shredded cabbage

(Robin) #162

I think you need your own Cooking show… Until then, glad we are your audience.

(Butter Withaspoon) #163

I lurrrrve cabbage. Must remember to actually get some next shopping trip, and try fermenting it. Life goals :laughing:

I’ve had a couple of fantastic fasts this week, less than 24 hours each, but some good health effects. One was a showtime plan that stopped my eating earlier than usual (6pm), and yesterday’s was no eating after lunch AT ALL because life really was that delicious that I didn’t take time out to go to the kitchen. Spending my evening with someone who never eats dinner definitely helped here :hushed: I’m wanting to change my eating to a more early TRE so this week is a breakthrough of feeling the benefits. Sleep is very good, less interruptions.

Ok back to food! Today’s 11am fast breaking meal (oh my that’s a 21 hour fast!) was a lamb stew with leftover lamb ribs and my own garden chard, sorrel and tomatoes. Fatty and filling

(Butter Withaspoon) #164

A comfortable breakfast on a summery day. I don’t know how many eggs I’ll need, cooked 5 and will definitely eat 2.

(Jane) #165

Chuck roast sous bide at 136 F for 32 hours, topped with a whipped egg white and finished in the oven at 475F for 15 min.

Can cut it with a fork

(Jane) #166

Low carb wrap pizzas with homemade sausage and on one of them - the herbed feta I made last Sunday

Not today but I have some photos from the last several days :slight_smile:

My wonderful pork chop/bacon combo, it was the very first time that I tried this and it was awesome:

This is just some scrambled eggs with leek and fricadeller:

And this is about the only cake I can make. I call this Sacher and it’s close enough to real Sacher, I even used apricot jam in it :smiley: The small slice was mine, 10g net carbs due to all the apricot and xylitol, with raspberry and erythritol the net carb content would be waaaaay lower. But 10g is very very comfortably fit into my keto, not like keto is my goal (keto is off eating already as my default is carnivore-ish but I relaxed my ways nowadays as I needed that) or anything. it was odd, I got super bored of cake on keto, like, 5 years ago and I still didn’t get back the desire to eat it. Oh well, variety. Most of the cake was eaten by my SO and I mostly used some chocolate filling, not the super carby jam. My normal food is usually below 5g total carbs but I like my extras (high-carb stuff in small amounts, typically, carnivore changed me). It’s odd, eating cake (not with dense apricot jam, though) and other sweets was my method to keep my carbs low in my first (on/off) keto years… And now they are sometimes my carbier things… It’s good I am not interested in vegetables anymore, those always were a problem as I couldn’t eat them in small amounts (like, only 1 kg, that’s a snack and not even satiating). I came a looooooooong way.

It’s still a nice cake, my family likes it so I bake it regularly just way less frequently than when I still considered it normal food for myself. I make lots of sweets for my SO but different, easier ones. Not like this is hard but more than the usual mixing and microwaving.
Its normal top is sliced almonds but I spared, like, 10 seconds with something else this time (okay, puffed amaranth. almost no weight so I don’t care about the carbs there).

I plan to make a proper extreme low-carb cake one day but as I never ever desire cake, it’s an unfulfilled plan since years.
(I want crunchy biscuits sometimes but I can’t make biscuits, no matter what, I may allow high-carb items, still can’t. Whatever I bake come out as something soft. I “always” could cook but never could bake. Now I can but only soft eggy things. And bread, of course, not like it ever comes close to the airy things in the store, good thing no one wants that in my household.)

I can’t just put some photos here, sorry. Especially after a long break from the forum.

(Robin) #168

Yowza! You made up for your absence with these awesome photos! So yummy!

(Butter Withaspoon) #169

Pretty pretty photos Janie and Shinita! I know what you mean about cutting with a fork. Meat at its best and juiciest :yum:

This is my Breakfast of Champions entry for today. It’s noon, and this is my fast-breaking smoked kippers and butter fried garden vegetables (mostly) with some turmeric ginger cumin and herbs because I felt fancy. Don’t my garden tomatoes look lovely! That makes up for the fact that the kippers are from a tin :joy:

(Allie) #170

Dinner is ready :rofl:

(Robin) #171

Identify target please.

Nice, colorful plate! :wink:
I need to buy some tomato seeds soon… I am horrible at it, most of my plants die even if I don’t bother their fragile lil roots when plant them but I never give it up. As store-bought tomatoes are tasteless (or have a tiiiiny taste in summer) but ours usually are nice. And it’s so, so great to have our own whenever we want and they are in season. My “black” ones were available for months last year (I bought the plants, didn’t have seeds)… Only too much rain is my enemy.
My poor soil is barely willing to yield anything and tomato is one of the few options. Peppers (I never give up :D) and things like cucchini never can happen. Well, I make the soil better every year so maybe one day…
It’s very nearly spring so I think of my garden more and more! (I have crocuses already. Tiny yellow and white ones.)

I baked soft cookies and we have beef stew today but I forgot to make photos. Maybe tomorrow. Not like they are particularly photogenic. But good.

(Butter Withaspoon) #173

Coleslaw with acv lemon instead of a creamy dressing, on top of a zucchini and halloumi dish leftover from last night. I also ate leftover lamb ribs but no pic.
So many leftovers to get through, my fridge is bursting at the seams

(Keto Koala 🐨) #174

Today I had Konjac pasta it literally has zero carbs with veggies, beef strip’s, parmi cheese and pasta sauce. I also had keto sea salt caramel icecreams and some blackberries.

(Butter Withaspoon) #175

Breakfast of a lamb chop and Tigerella tomatoes with a male zucchini flower. Followed by 2 eggs I fried in the juices (no pic)

I am feeling good!

(Robin) #176

You SHOULD feel good! Looks wonderful.

(Butter Withaspoon) #177

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Robin you’re so lovely. A ruder person might point out that my pic is yet again sideways. The pic is not even edited and rotated :woman_shrugging:

I’m sitting here with my swollen knee elevated, eating tinned herring with a big avocado and halloumi salad. Dressing is a splosh of acv and a dribble of evoo.

I’m not tipped sideways and there is no fish on my lap. So let’s try it…

(Robin) #178

Yep! Looks great. But can YOU see it?
Hint… your glasses are beside your plate.

I eat my food without glasses as I can see it well :smiley: (I am short-sighted.)

And some people have different kinds of glasses to see close and far… Poor souls. At least I see super well very close. I draw and paint and eat without glasses :slight_smile:
I need them for the computer as the screen is very far. I use tablets without glasses, of course. I couldn’t see the tiny letters with glasses…

But let’s talk about food!
After my inconvenient yesterday (5 tiny meals between 16:30 and 23:00) I finally could eat properly. I went out of my way to use a new bowl for the leftover beef stew, you can’t expect me to make everything super clean and tidy. The table is hopeless anyway. I painted it and it’s totally impossible to make it spotless.

This is a proper meal, 8 eggs, some meat, some other stuff… But it wasn’t enough so I ate a bit more food, mostly egg. I still was hungry but I decided it should be enough and stopped. I will get satiated eventually, I am almost there and only 70 minutes passed since then.

Scrambled eggs, pickled eggs (beetroot power! it looks so awesome, I can’t get enough of this sight), beef stew with sponge cake muffins, egg milk as tomato soup, mushroom not-pizza with a carnivore crust.

I hope I will last until tomorrow evening.

(Ashley) #180

G Hughes honey mustard sauce, real good chicken with artichoke and spinach wrapped in bacon, can buy frozen at Sams club. 5g carbs per chicken. I don’t buy often but I like having a box when I don’t feel like making something