What did you keto today? Part V (son of the cousin of the sequel)

food

(Butter Withaspoon) #141

Oops ate everything before photos today. The middle of the day meal was vegetables with 3 eggs on top and this was a bit too much- couldn’t finish it. I love the Hard Nope of satiety when I eat this way. This evening I had lamb ribs with a heavenly salad. I :heart: a summer salad I have to say: avocado, cos lettuce, red capsicum and apple cider vinegar. The fresh crunch is a perfect follower for the rich meat.

I’m reclined on the couch feeling full and healthy, and thinking how the last few issues that bothered me are gone. GONE I tell you!

• I used to have occasional cramps in leg foot or thigh, usually in bed but also could happen during exercises like glute bridges. I am having NO cramps at all now, not that they were bad but I wanted to be able to relax my muscles

• I am sleeping right through the night, and not needing to get up to empty the bladder even once. This is a radical change. I feel like my sleep is a new deeper, longer, less restless thing.

Eating meat and vegetables is so easy and so good that sometimes it’s good to step back and say Wow! How did I get this healthy?!
Just thought I’d share some health positivity although it’s probably more suited to a progress or maintenance thread :woman_shrugging:

(Laurie) #142

Five lovely little boneless thin-sliced pork chops, bought on sale at a very good price.

(Robin) #143

I agree. Lovely is a good word for that!

(Jane) #144

Spicy jambalaya with konjac “rice”, andouille sausage and shrimp

(Laurie) #145

Three 5-ounce fast food beef patties, with avo mayo and sambal oelek on the side. No work, no mess. I bought six patties; tomorrow’s supper will be the same. I’m doing this every week now (i.e., two suppers per week).

(Jane) #146

Chicken salad with Swiss cheese on low carb bread. Extra chx salad for the pupper after we finish eating

(Robin) #147

Finally broke out the Air Fryer (from Christmas). Applause worthy steak. Yum.

(Jane) #148

Mushroom swiss burger patty

(Butter Withaspoon) #149

Breakfast of champions! Eaten at lunchtime. After a short trip away it’s good to get back to the meat and vegetables that is delicious and makes me feel great. The Keto Dudes were right, keto really is this easy. No cravings, no hunger after eating, only a gentle “signal to eat” around noon rather than the insistent hunger of a carb heavy diet.

The fight around is all gone. Evaporated. This is the real benefit to me

(Robin) #150

I agree…. Food as fuel. What a concept, eh?

(Butter Withaspoon) #151

Yep! Pretty sure it’s the reason why I can now do… [(shock news!] a Handstand!!!

(Butter Withaspoon) #152

A little more first meal of the day inspo. I had some more veg fried in the lamb fat after this, then a Nice Cup of Tea. I was hungry late morning but appointments didn’t give me enough gap to eat so half a teaspoon of butter in my tea had to keep me going until this delicious lamb meal with a homegrown tomato at 1pm.

Having a metabolism that provides all the energy even when not eating is fantastic. I can’t believe how much I used to struggle, , having to secrete nuts and fruits in my bag wherever I went, and not being able to ride home from work without a desperate stop for snacks on the way. What a way to live! Once you’re in the groove keto can be so easy, no thinking needed, no fight, it just flows: these are my foods and they make me feel good and happy.

So tiny food! Well it’s individual, I always needed bigger meals but it never was as bad as now. Forget fat-loss, I overeat every day now and I am soooo hungry (only in my eating window and maybe a bit before, though. it could be worse).

I had a nice lunch today:

This was the meat part (380g pork shoulder and other things, it has skin, egg, spices and much lard too. I think I need to make sure to have some leaner pork to fry especially if I include fatty skin from some pork jowl!), I ate several eggs and some quark too and well, it was finally a nice, satiating, somewhat elongated meal (2 hours eating window, I actually ate 3 times as I was hungry).

Okay, I had some carbs in my immediate past, we will see if longer term carnivore will help, it’s not sure it will help much but I appreciate every little help. I think I need OMAD or else I will starve a lot while overeating, it’s my new thing (I did it before but only using wrong items or getting my rare Insatiable Days).
Sigh.
I had SOOOOO enough of these struggles. Yeah I have nice chill carnivore times too but then it gets ruined again. I wanna be a snake who eats once a month or rather week without a problem sometimes. Just for a little while. I never felt like that in my satiating carby times but they had their huge downsides and I burned the bridges, not looking back.

But today was okay enough and I am motivated to find my way now! Tomorrow will be meatier (probably). Yay.

You are fine how you are…you don’t need to be a ‘snake’. Stick to the principles.

You are doing the right thing that universally we all know…processed food is bad for certain types of disorders.

You are OK.

I am a human, it’s not a literal thing but spending hours in the kitchen while feeling starving is very very far from being okay to a hedonist like me.
But it’s my own problems and I will keep struggling, it’s just so tiring after many years. Oh well, I had some fun times and experimenting is interesting.

I eat processed food as I need that and has no problem with it anyway.

Keto isn’t a struggle…it’s getting out of a struggle.
:slight_smile:

(Jane) #157

Salad with hydroponic lettuce and a bit of baby spinach. And crumbled goat cheese

Tenderloin steak

(Robin) #158

Very gourmet! Beautiful presentation too!

(Jane) #159

I love growing lettuce in my pantry in a small hydroponic garden because I don’t have to wash it like my garden lettuce :laughing:. And I have it year round.

Keto (the normal, plant-containing old style I had for long) IS a huge struggle for me, it always was some struggle, that’s why I never could stick to it (and because I wasn’t motivated as it didn’t give me benefits after fat adaptation). High-carb and even low-carb wasn’t one but it doesn’t mean it was better. Then “normal” keto got impossible and now it’s very very tricky, sometimes possible but I rather stay away from it.
Carnivore is way easier but not always. I had some complicated times lately.

But I didn’t want to talk about that. I had lunch. Not this but you know me if you see me here enough. I make a tray, shot it - and manage to eat a different meal. All the time.
But I ate most of it :slight_smile:

Fried chicken liver, tiny leftover pork shoulder roast, scrambled eggs (forgot them and they are uglier than usual and scrambled eggs are usually not my prettiest, oh well) and 6 different PSMF sponge cake bread muffins…

I didn’t know that it is a very unfortunately sized lunch, about 1480 kcal… Too small for OMAD, too big for TMAD… But it’s not enough for me anyway so I ate 6 more calorie dense sponge cakes (I baked 24 “muffins” today as I knew I will need them soon) and some quark too :slight_smile: And eggy coffees.
And I left a little from everything on my plate.

Not a bad meal but I wish I could do OMAD already…