What did you keto today? Part V (son of the cousin of the sequel)

food

Pork shoulder roast, scrambled eggs (with sausage fat! but without extra yolks this time), white-ish sponge cakes (whites to yolk in 6:1 and 3:1 ratio).
Of course I didn’t eat all of this and it’s not all I eat but it’s normal to me… It still gives some idea about my OMAD for today. It was a small meal but it was enough.
I tried with the whites vs yolks today, I ate less than the smaller piece of meat (but a little pork belly too)… But guesstimation still gave me 78% fat :smiley: My protein is unusually low today. But it’s fine, it will change soon and it’s probably still adequate. I am just not used to seeing numbers below 80g, I am more like the 120-180g protein intake kind of person (sometimes more but I always stop around 220, that’s one reason I need fatty protein sources. another that I refuse to eat most lean stuff)… And it will be fine again when I won’t happen to eat some of my fattiest items on the same day when my body is just fine with a small meal.

I am supposed to do EF tomorrow but we will see, my last 2 meals were quite small for that but who knows? My body isn’t reliable enough to guess what will happen and I ate a lot in the previous weeks.

(Butter Withaspoon) #122

image image image

Not all I ate today, but some of the highlights. Greens, chard and lemon juice are from my garden. A delicious day, and so easy

Some of my latest culinary delights.
This is the only type of ‘sweet’ I allow myself…blueberries/ or strawberries/ or raspberries…smothered in crème fraiche, or soured cream. Scratches that occasional ‘itch’, if you know what I mean.
Healthy too.

I use this as an occasional treat. No carbs, and calories low too.

An omelet for breakfast…which was 13:00 hrs.
3 eggs, full bag of spinach, 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper and a few slices of cooked ham sliced in, sprinkled with salted Irish cheddar and finished off bubbling under the heated grill.

^ Seasoned of course…!

A man does not live by bread alone ffs.

Don’t be fooled by looks.

This probably the most tasty and nutritious meal I’ve ever made.
Button mushrooms and onion lightly fried in garlic infused olive oil and avocado oil, before adding organic grass fed Northern Irish lambs’ sliced liver. Whilst doing this, I had red (or purple) sliced cabbage being par boiled, ready to add to the frying pan when the other ingredients were transferred to plates. I season with salt and pepper, a little paprika and garlic too.
When the hot food is on my plate, i put some salted Irish Butter over the cabbage…it melts and tastes Devine. Don’t add the butter during cooking phase, because it reacts with the oil to produce a mess.
Never underestimate the health benefits of properly reared lambs’ liver and organic red cabbage.

Last one for now.
Button mushrooms, courgettes (zucchini), diced smoked pancetta, and left over from yesterday’s lamb’s liver and red cabbage as above.
Seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper, with a little smoked paprika.
I’m not joking…get into the liber, onion and cabbage. You won’t look back.
It has really helped my digestive system too…as well as weight loss.

liver*

(Bob M) #131

Interesting. I saw something similar when I was looking for my favorite yogurt, a goat’s milk yogurt. I may try this coconut one, too.

(Bob M) #132

This is the best gin I’ve tried:

Or this:

I’m quite partial to the Bombay Sapphire gin. But it is pricey…but so smooth.

Gordon’s is my basic one, unless I’m treating myself.

Gin has production and popularity has kicked off over here, in the UK, mainland GB and NI.
So many new starts.

Probably to do with the lockdown. People get wrecked at home…get bored…then supply and demand kicks in lol.

Hi, some of the recipes on here are very inspirational.
I have older sisters who can’t fathom that I’ve lost a quarter of my body weight, reversed T2, reduced my BP, and told I could stop metformin (I haven’t stopped the T2 meds btw, I halved the dose, and am waiting for next blood results coming soon. Still taking Ramipril for hypertension, and I was told to take Atorvastatin…but I usually forget to take it. (I sometimes wonder if this is subconsciously on purpose lol).
No, I’m not a doctor. I did train as pharmacologist though, for a while, before changing direction as an electrical engineer…but that was well before, many years ago, before nutrition (or bad nutrition) affected me and the rest of the world.

You had to pay for it?

I know mostly everything from a hog is used…but hopefully you got a good deal.

At least the eyes are closed…

(Butter Withaspoon) #136

That breakfast omelette is killing me. Now I have to shop for the ingredients mmm

(Butter Withaspoon) #137

Ingredients from the garden plus butter and salt, frying gently.

With 4 eggs added. It’s funny to think back on days when I thought 2 eggs made a meal!

I had this at 1.30pm after a morning of tea drinking, and it kept me satisfied for 4 hours. Gotta love fat adaptation and adequate protein!

(Laurie) #138

Love the tiny feet.

(Jane) #139

Red curry with chx thighs, onion, asparagus, zucchini and garden green beans out of my freezer.

(Laurie) #140

Pizza with tuna crust. When making the crust this time, I increased the tuna and reduced the cheese. An improvement, I think. (Still doesn’t taste fishy.)