What did you keto today? Part V (son of the cousin of the sequel)

food

(Ashley) #201

I also thought it kinda reminds me of a scotch egg.

(Bob M) #202

That’s on my list of recipes to make, scotch eggs. Just need the time.

(Jane) #203

Egg casserole with andouille sausage, shrimp, onion, garlic, cream, feta and swiss cheese. Was yummy

Looks great. Big fan of any baked egg dish - they always turn out so well.

I always used to find that it was amazing warm, but somehow, even better cold the next day.

(Cathy) #205

Cheese and broccoli stuffed chicken breast with pork rind crust.

I’ve been a bit lazy recently, and uninventive. I also feel myself trending towards carnivore more than usual. Got down to 71 kilos for first time, but back up to 72.5 - 73kilos. Can’t seem to hit my target of 70, which would mean I’m back to normal BMI. Anyways
Sirloin, with stir-fried onions, mushroom and red pepper, turmeric, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
Pork ribs (nice and lazy!)
Minced beef, chilli mix sachet, mushrooms, onions and peppers, and a tin of chopped tomatoes. I just ate as is with nothing else added…quite delicious actually. And lazy lol.
I’m going to cook better tonight…honest. Or I might just get drunk, as I’m off tomorrow, throw a slab of beef in the pan with some button mushrooms and sliced broccoli. Actually, that is cooking better!
I also sinned by getting battered cod and spicy chicken goujons from a take away restaurant during the week.

That is some good stuff right there!

(Butter Withaspoon) #208

That sirloin dish looks delicious! My kind of food. I’d eat the mince by itself too. Doesn’t need to be on a bed of something.

(Jane) #209

Chicken thighs, mushrooms, onion and garlic in Alfredo sauce. Shredded cabbage as a sub for pasta

(Butter Withaspoon) #210

A reminder to buy another cabbage today, thanks Janie, I love a bed of fried cabbage. Not to sleep on, just to be clear.

I have a backlog of meal photos so here you go. If I describe them as lamb and vegetables including produce from the garden, butter and salt, that probably covers it all. I am especially proud of my first cucumbers and my early bandicooting of sunchokes.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #211

This is a fabulous idea. I must try it.

I like a cabbage alfredo with a poached egg on top.

(Ashley) #213

(Robin) #214

That’s a good looking hunk o’ meat!

(UsedToBeT2D) #215

My wife is into backyard chickens now. The eggs are wonderful. One turn out to be a rooster. 8 months old. I finally got tired of the constant crowing. Then the rooster attacked my little beagle dog. I snapped the rooster’s neck. Scalded in hot water, pulled feathers. Evicerated. He is going in the oven tonight. Ellie gets the first piece. It was my first chicken dressing. Not as hard as I thought.

(Robin) #216

That was like a cheerful fairy tale at first, then quickly turned “Grimm”. :vulcan_salute:t2:

(Ashley) #217

Thank you, cooked it on a pellet grill.

(Butter Withaspoon) #218

So impressive! I would like to be more in contact with the meat side of food growing and “harvesting”. Not possible where I live at the moment, so it’s great to hear people achieving such life cycle cooking goals. Was the rooster tasty?

I’m breaking the overnight fast with smoked herring on salad. Much homegrown produce and dressing. I’ll probably need a bit of extra fat, maybe the rest of the avocado. Or the next meal could be a fatty meat meal.

Prepped for the week this evening. Sausage and peppers in the Instant Pot and stuffed portobello mushrooms.

I’ll have to remember to take some pics the next time to share them.

Sirloin steak, with stir fried broccoli, red pepper and button mushrooms (garlic, a little soy sauce, salt, pepper and paprika).