What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jody) #1386

For me … the site has been down for a few days. I am not exactly sure where I left off but I know these meals aren’t listed:

Friday OMAD

2 x 1/3 [GF/F 70/30] burger patties on cheese wraps w/ homemade mayo, sautéed mushrooms and hearts of palms, Quest Loaded Taco Chips (no in PIC)

Saturday OMAD:

18 oz Ribeye, sautéed mushrooms and a huge Greek Salad from the local restaurant (wife ordered Greek for her dinner)

Sun OMAD:

2 x 1/3 [GF/F 70/30] burger patties on cheese wraps w/ homemade mayo, mushrooms and broccoli w/ butter, BBQ Quest Chips

Monday OMAD (no pic):

18oz Ribeye and Sautéed Mushrooms. I had snacked on a bunch of sprouted pumpkin seeds after my run, so I didn’t add anything to it.

Last night’s dinner… The Wife made me a large London Broil Steak, so I just ate half for dinner and will have the other half tomorrow night as an OMAD.

IMG_3642 IMG_3644

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1388

Tuesday 3MAD

Breakfast

I made made a whipped up omelette filling from Smoked Rock Fish, Cream Cheese and a Pickled Jalapeño in the Cuisinart. Three egg rolled omelette cooked in Butter with Green Onion and topped with Sour Cream. I got a fantastic deal on a 3 lb loaf of Philly for $5.99. I’ll be making some other flavor blends with it.

Lunch

Sunday I made 4 Kg. of Sauerkraut with Fennel and Coriander Seeds, I cooked the cores in Corned Beef Broth and had it for Lunch

Dinner

Leftover Cauliflower Au Gratin and an Hot Italian Sausage Patty.

I’ve gotten into the creative spirit again cooking to have something to do with my time. It feels good doing some kitchen projects. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1389

I don’t get the joy from cooking or eating that you do, and I never will. (I once had a roommate who’s chief complaint about me is that was that I wasn’t enthusiastic enough about her food. To be fair I would have eaten more, but I was trying to be a good roommate and figured that meant not taking advantage and eating too much of the other person’s food.) But anyway… I do appreciate the joy that cooking and eating gives you. And keto and the subsequent increase in cooking at home for myself has increased my appreciation of the art. As have your posts about cooking. I will be better about ooo-ing and aaahh-ing about food lovingly prepared for me in the future.

Meanwhile, my new roommate is Chinese (crazily, my first local roommate) and keeps trying to give me food. She is gradually learning what I do and don’t eat, but I just finished a 65 hour fast. I was able to hide it from her the first day, but the second day I had to come clean and say that I’m not eating today. I only had to repeat myself once though. Another friend said we should eat large meals infrequently, so I think not eating anything is more culturally acceptable than not eating rice and fruit.

All this to say, your happiness at cooking makes me happier than cooking itself does. Seeing someone doing some well is always a joy, even if it isn’t the thing that brings oneself joy.

(Karen) #1390

Taco Tuesday

I am getting a message that the picture I am trying to upload is too big and I need to resize it to some size. I have no idea how to do that before uploading.

Last night I was having some leftover pork ribs that were kind of dry. So, I put some water in a casserole dish, added some coconut aminos, (love these, taste like soy sauce), a bunch of cremini and shitake mushrooms and a thinly sliced trunk of a broccoli and popped it in the micro until barely done. Then I added some small, halfed radishes at the edge of the dish, and topped everything with the ribs and some already cooked bacon and popped it back in until all was soft. It was absolutely delicious, ribs nice, tender and juicy, fell right off the bone. I thickened the liquid with some beef gelatin powder. It turned out to be the most flavorful, satisfying meal I had in a long time.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1392

Bacon wrapped chicken and roasted veggies with butter :blush:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1393

Basic Cowboy Breakfast :cowboy_hat_face:

The name may change but,

The Song Remains The Same. :sun_with_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1394

Wash your mouth out with soap and water, Mr @David_Stilley!
You ain’t NO ‘basic cowboy’!

SEE BELOW FOR PROOF, IN WRITING.
Your writing.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

('Jackie P') #1395

A long busy day at work! Soup for lunch and smoked salmon and buttery scrambled eggs
for supper :yum:

(Susan) #1396

Did you get your results back for the Covid, yet, Jackie?

('Jackie P') #1397

Aww yes Mom, it was negative, just a common cold! Thank you for asking! :hugs:

(Susan) #1398

Okay, that is fantastic, I am glad that you are okay! I know that the cold is annoying, so not fun, but I am glad that it wasn’t the Covid =).

(Jane) #1399

The site has run out of disk space, which is why it is crashing so often. Richard reduced the size of pics allowed until he buys a larger HD and gets it installed.

Lunch and Dinner today…

Lunch… Fried Eggs, Bacon & Sausage… Dinner… London Broil, Cheese Burger & Brussel Sprouts

The girls also got some of the Steak, as well as a Hamburger each with their meal. :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #1401

Tuesday May 19
I haven’t been able to get in for 2 days! And today, I can’t give any love. Consider all of yourselves loved for the last 2 days!! I can not WAIT to try chipotle-cocoa rubbed ribs!! I need a recipe for that rub, please Dave! (Great, I can read but I can’t post! :sob: I will save this for later with a dateline.)

Happy I am! to be back in the keto forums. That hard drive issue drove home how important this forum and its people are to me! Love y’all! XO :kissing_heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1402

BBQ Lettuce Wraps

I had a hankering for a BBQ Sandwich today. Leftover Chipotle Cocoa Pork Rib Meat and Onion sautéed in Bacon Grease and a quick KETO BBQ Sauce made in the pan. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #1403

Breakfast for dinner

('Jackie P') #1404

Chicken Satay! I usually have 2 smaller sticks with salad, but I have no salad :joy:! Delicious :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1405

@CrackerJax We do need no stinkin’ salad, we have meat! :poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face: