What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Nellie, I clicked on the link to the recipe and it seems to be a great site. Thanks for linking it. I also noticed the closeup shot of the rolls and the texture is really different. It almost looks like wild rice. You’ve made them twice now (at least) so I’m sure they’re great. I’m looking forward to giving them a try.

(Candy Lind) #2254

Bacon burger wrapped in leaf lettuce, messy but delicious. Followed by guacamole with chicharrones while we wait for a trailer repair.

Gosh, I love a good burger!

(Isa) #2256

I use “TrackMyFast” for android. I Like it because its the only one that keeps a screen notification on, so I dont have to open my phone every time. It does have ads but they don’t time or anything.

(Jane) #2257

Tasted some of my first aged cheeses since I got my cheese press. Still learning how to set the pressure since no gauges or weights on it.

Here is Gouda on the left and Monterrey Jack on the right

The Gouda was excellent. The MJ too dry. I looked back at my recipes and the Gouda is pressed at 30 lbs and the MJ at 20 lbs. So I think I pressed the MJ too hard and squeezed too much whey out. I’ll try a lighter hand on the next batch. Flavor is good so I will cook with it. Supposed to melt well when shredded, although mine being a bit too dry may not. Won’t go to waste after all that work and waiting 2 months!!! :laughing:

(Bacon for the Win) #2258

I love the castironketo.com site. My son and I both have their first cookbook, and he is working his way through it. They have a dinner roll recipe that I have not tried yet. It’s basically the seeded rolls without the seeds. Before keto I was into all the grainy things so it figures this calls to me. I shared the first batch with spouse, son, and DIL so now there’s enough for me to have with lunch at work the next few days,

Let me know how you like them if you make them

Thanks @NelleG @FitAnteater … I will check them all out. I don’t mind some smaller ads that are on the page which MyFast has always had. But now since they demand one to click off on a full screen upgrade ad before you can even see the results is a bit much to me. … And since I don’t use it to do anything but keep track of the Fast, I don’t want or need all the extras.

One thing I do like about the MyFast app, is that you can backset the time you started, in case you just decide to Fast on the fly and need to start the timer back to your last meal time. I’m told not all of them allow this, and it sounds like you have to have your Fast planned for this to work well if you can’t. For me, I don’t usually plan my Fasting, but simply decide to do so depending on how I feel.

Thanks again folks. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Bacon for the Win) #2260

Zero also has this function. You can also change the length of the fast after it has started. There’s paid version but I’ve been happy with the free one.

Thanks. I usually keep the default set at 120 hrs. (5 days) since I don’t Fast any more than that at one time. So I just do smaller Fast and make sure to reset it anytime I decide to. But being able to backset it was something I enjoyed, since most of my Fast are just times I decide the next day, or later in the day, etc. … I’ll definitely check it out, if it’s the small ads you just have to watch not to click, that’s ok. But the ones that block you until you respond doesn’t sit well with me, since it’s more forced. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #2262

I never remember to start my fasting app when my fast starts! LIFE has the feature to edit the start and stop time if you forget.

They are all free so you can d/l and decide which one suits you best!

:+1:

Yes Ma’am, doing that as we speak. :slight_smile: :+1:

I keep looking at their recipes. Absolutely my style of cooking and eating. I might purchase the cookbook too. I have so many cookbooks (digital). I read them like others read books for entertainment. It’s my downtime relaxation. Plus, I like to support the cookbook authors for their time and efforts. Anyway, thanks for the link.

Dinner tonight was another creation curtesy of Low Carb Inspirations. Easy Chicken Parmesan Chaffle. I would make this again in a heartbeat. Tasty, quick, and with common ingredients. In fact, I’m still using up that Costco rotisserie chicken we bought earlier in the week.

F551F4C5-BC8D-46C2-BC80-0C8E89E2D614

I also made some chocolate chip cookies using Lupin flour which was a totally new ingredient for me. Not sure what rabbit hole I went down but I found a recipe author who uses Lupin flour in a number of her recipes. I really loved the results from this recipe. I added some flaky sea salt to the tops of the cookies before baking, and also used a combination of chocolates. I love to add a very dark chocolate in addition to the standard Lily’s choc chips.
https://www.idontsugarcoat.com/chewy-keto-chocolate-chip-cookies

(Allie) #2266

LIFE is very good. They’ve recently introduced a pro version but no adverts at all, I hate ads too.

Thanks, Allie. I’ve downloaded both the LIFE and Zero apps. … Tried to look at the TrackMyFast, but no results, so must be Android only.

Ham and cheese, grilled on top of bacon, with roasted mushrooms on the side.

I don’t really like grilled\fried ham, I think ham should almost melt on your tongue. So I place it on top of bacon, which preserves the integrity of the tender tissues. Came out perfect.

(Bacon for the Win) #2269

someone posted a taco omelette the other day and I thought it looked amazing. Here’s my rendition:

image image

:+1: … Nice. They’re good, aren’t they. :slight_smile: What meat did you use? I found the Jennie-O Taco Seasoning Turkey Sausage (0 Carbs) works great.

Taco Omelette

(Bacon for the Win) #2271

so good! thanks for the idea. I just used a pound of ground beef with my own taco seasoning. I’m going to make more barbacoa soon and will use that too.

Okay, so I played around with the idea of making a wrap to work with this morning, and for a first run, it wasn’t bad. But will look into tweaking it some more. Mainly was trying some base ideas first and work up… Will add the full Recipe to my Recipe Thread and keep track.

Sous Vide London Broil (Not my favorite, but the Wife likes it) Seared and sliced and placed on a Two-Egg Sour Cram Wrap with Lettuce, Cherry Tomato, Sour Cream, Scallions. Also had a Cream Soda Zevia and an Almond Milk. 2 Squares of Ghirardelli Dark Intense Chocolate.

First one tore a little while loosening it with a rubber scrapper, (waiting for my large spatula) so there is a small tear from me. Second one I left the first side up, so it shows lighter in color…
IMG_5315 IMG_5321

IMG_5324 IMG_5325