What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

They certainly look delicious. Looking forward to your recipe.

Thanks. They worked well, but I would like to see if I can make them a bit more pliable too. I usually do like putting tougher sorts of meats on wraps, and sometimes rip even hardy wraps. Back in the day of course. … I also left out Cheese. I have no idea why? It just happened. :smile: As much as I love Cheese, it probably would have been great. But I do cut back on Dairy from time to time, since I do use it quite often. … Ooooh, I bet Feta Cheese would have given a nice bite. :+1:

The Wife had a pack of Chicken Breast thawed out, but no real plans what to do with it… So I decided to try making up another meal idea. Bacon-Laced Saucy Chicken. The Wife said it reminded her of General Tao’s Chicken, and I have to admit, it was quite similar. Decided not to eat any sides, but I did get another 2 pieces of Chocolate, and ate some Sunflower Seeds and a few Salt and Vinegar Almonds.

IMG_5350

Ooppps… I almost forgot the Wife made me some Deviled Eggs, while I was putting stuff together. So I grabbed some and added a Ginger Root Beer Zevia.
IMG_5352

Everything is better with bacon! :bacon:

I most definitely concur! :+1:

(Jody) #2278

16oz Ribeye, Sautéed Mushrooms and Kimchi

(Neil) #2279

Today was a mix of keto-friendly and very keto-unfriendly food. I’ll focus on the keto-friendly stuff here, since the title of the thread says “what did you KETO today?” and not “what did you indulge in today?”, but you can go check out my progress/accountability thread for the other stuff. :wink:

Murray’s mozzarella drizzled with balsamic vinegar:

Rolled caprese omelette:

Roasted chicken. That’s all she wrote. I do love chicken prepared like this best. it is butterflied, but not the usual way. It goes in a pan with water, into a 400% oven until the skin is very crispy and has lifted a bit from the meat. When you tap it with a fork, it makes a hollow sound. Very super crispy skin, as if fried, and very tender meat. And the scent is heavenly. The broth it was sitting in is served as au jus.

Your food photos are masterpieces :heart_eyes:

Yesterday’s meals: Breakfast Pinwheels with Bacon, Spinach, and Feta. Very tasty recipe from Low Carb Inspirations. This dish has a number of steps involved but was fun to make.

26D7C5FF-65FC-41D7-BC76-BF3D1E38A7D6

And dinner was a NY strip steak, sous vide to 132°, and finished off on a cast iron skillet on the grill. I added some herby compound butter on top. Roasted a variety of vegetables that needed to be used up.

6766227B-D248-4FC9-8E80-3AD6D40FFA5D

We made some stuff for lunch… but to be honest, I just wasn’t feeling it. I had already made the Girls 8 Scrambled Eggs, but they got some extra from my plate as well… Just going to finish drinking the Cream Soda Zevia, have an Almond Milk and eat some Salt & Vinegar Almonds & Sunflower Seeds. Then Fast.

IMG_5354 IMG_5355

Hi Dave. I’m a noobie here and love reading this particular thread. I’m sure everyone on here knows who the girls are, but I have not seen a picture of them or anything descriptive. Are they your doggies?

Yes Ma’am, I’m sorry. I actually just posted a pic of them in this thread about a month ago, so thought most had seen them. There’s also many pics of them, and their Brother, in my personal thread, the Show me your Keto-Pups thread, etc. But yep, it’s the two Girls we have presently. Unfortunately, we lost their Brother ‘Kito’ just a few months ago to Kidney failure, and it was indeed a big loss. He was a fantastic Pup, and everyone’s favorite out of the bunch. But he sadly was only with us 8 years…

Here’s the image I recently posted, with them roughing it, laying on their own cooling jelled, memory foam mattress. :slight_smile: … Shelby is the darker one, who is roughly 18 months older than her siblings, and she’s had a bit of a rough time these past few years, having 3 ACL surgeries on her back legs. She just turned 10 on the 13th of this month. … Khaleesi, is the lighter one on the left, and along with her Brother, turned 8, back on March 1st. She’s the Athlete, Hunter, etc. of the bunch and is usually the one who leaves all her downed quarry in the yard. She defends her yard quite well.

And here’s a few with the three of them, along with Kito…

And yep… they’ve always thought they were lap dogs, but Khaleesi lays with me daily.

She’s even smiling, like she’s getting away with something. :rofl:

Magnificent pups, all 3 of them. I’m so sorry for your loss. I know first hand how hard that is. They are truly members of the family.

My baby is a Labrador Retriever named Miss Reggie. She’s almost 8 now, and a few years younger in this photo. She’s gotten a bit gray, just like her parents.

(Doug) #2288

This is Chuck, also known as Mr. Chuck Roast. Sous vide at 59°C or 138°F for 3 days, sear in a hot pan. Plenty of fat for flavor on this old boy.

(Jody) #2289

Sunday OMAD:

3 x Air Fried Chicken Thighs and a pint of Rebel Mint Chip [KETO] Ice Cream (not pictured as it comes a little later)

Meet the actual Velvet. Her name has it’s origin in her coat. She came for the doggie party here!

(Butter Withaspoon) #2291

image I have a friend who needs keto for her health but doesn’t eat meat. So I was trying to inspire and encourage her to eat more fat, not fear it, and eat more food in general. This was the result of my efforts yesterday. I ate all of it in one sitting and can report being full to the tippy top. I think I’m probably a big eater??
Includes: 1 avocado, 3 eggs, handful pepitas, tbsp olive oil, greens, lemon, salt, pickle juice.

Beautiful. I have a chuck roast in the freezer that I’ll SV as well.