What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Pulled Crock-Pot beef and a few pickles. Simply delicious

(Cathy) #1978

That is on my list of new foods to try!!! It sounds wonderful.

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1979

How did you know :rofl::rofl::rofl:?
It is just my little joke to describe a small portion of a variety of veg. Criterion for the choice: whatever is in the fridge :woman_cook:( pro chefs tip) and doesn’t blow up my carb intake :wink:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1980

LC chocolate (100% cocoa, sweetener, salt) melted with bacon drippings and orange oil extract whipped with heavy whipping cream.

(No pic because it just looks like chocolate.) Super tasty!

Well, ended up cutting that tree up all day. But after going in and taking a shower, I went back out and cranked up the Grill. :slight_smile: 
 Grilled up some NY Strip Steaks and Top Sirloin & a package of Drumsticks. Added Cole Slaw, Cauliflower Egg Salad and of course, the green guys. :slight_smile: And a side of their cousin, Brussel Sprouts.

(Brennan) #1982

before
after
with :green_salad:
Beef ribs and Swiss chard salad!

That’ll teach’em! :+1:

(Mike W.) #1984

One of my favorite things to make. Jalapeño popper egg cups.

(Brennan) #1985

Macha, Moringa, turmeric & coconut milk late!
A delicious evening treat to get them minerals into you!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1986

Aching for a biggass salad. So it’s happening. Also a 80/20 cheeseburger and a few pork roast “burnt ends”.

You’ve done it again @GodwinGoGo :yum:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1988

Thanks Safi!
Love this forum and this thread’s my favorite because there’s a lot of food love goin’ on!

I get loads of ideas here :grin: Part of the reason I don’t fast!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1990

I think this is one reason keto works for me. Instead of the self flagellation of calorie counting, we’re learning healthy ways to enjoy our food. It’s a celebration of what we can have, not guilt trips about what we can’t.

Both ways are about increasing self-control. But positive reinforcement works better than negative as a first step in learning. Negative reinforcement has its place, but should be used more sparingly.

I see it with my students all the time. Instead of yelling at them to sit down and pay attention, we sing a silly hello song. Emotionally easier for everyone involved, and much quicker results. Grownups are the same. You just change what the positive reinforcement is. Personally, I prefer bacon to a silly hello song.

(Running from stupidity) #1991

Wise words from the East. As ever.

And that’s why we call it “carb withdrawal” :slight_smile:

(Allie) #1992

Still not well here, decided to have breakfast at 630am :joy: sausages (Tesco Finest which are 1.5 carbs each), four eggs scrambled in ghee with salt and pepper, and of course my homemade turmeric mayo - oh, and a fatty decaf coffee with a raw egg blended into it.

(Running from stupidity) #1993

#needsmoreeggs

(Allie) #1994

:joy: no really not, I struggled to finish it :joy:

(Bob M) #1995

No picture (doesn’t look great). Seafood “salad” for “blunch” (no breakfast, went to gym, ate blunch at 10:45am). 3 tablespoons EVOO, red wine and apple cider vinegar (did not measure), 11 ounces shrimp, 1 package mussels, 1 can tuna, 58g olives. 1001 calories, 67.75g fat (61%), 98g protein (39%), 6g carbs (estimated - jar of olives says zero grams carbs per 15g olives, but I assumed 4g carbs for the 58g of olives I ate, 2g from mussels; probably higher, though, as shrimp usually has carbs in them too).

Would probably drop 1 tablespoon or more EVOO, as I don’t mind drinking vinegar, but don’t see the need to drink EVOO.

Eggcellent! :egg: