What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1894

Would you remind me which picture/post u r referring to? The thread is very long

(Ashley) #1895

It’s how I sneak in more salt for my dad since he was told by doctors with his copd and being on oxygen the salt retention is bad, which I’ve tried explaining on keto you lose a lot of electrolytes. Wish I had a easier method though. Maybe I need to look into a drink mix he might have a easier time then.

If you click on the little arrow next to your picture in ctviggens post it will take you right back to the one he’s referring to :slightly_smiling_face: FYI it was your Diet Doctor bread rolls.

You can also pick some foods higher in salt as well, such as Ham, or any cured or canned meats, bacon, sardines, etc. I’m sure you can even more foods higher in sodium as well. I think cold-cuts and fish are also good for this? But don’t quote me. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #1898

I’ve been letting him have spam, bacon, deli bologna which he loves and doesn’t realize how much salt there is :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #1899

Mini cheesecake bites! I had to freeze them so I’ll stop eating them!

All good choices there too. :slight_smile: … And nice idea on the frozen Mini Cheese Cake bites. Except, I know they also do well as an Ice Cream Treat too. But as long as you can eat them on your terms, no problem. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1901

You need to put your head in the photo for scale, Dave :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1902

Garlic is good at any time of the day, so garlic bread for brunch makes massive sense! You know it. So the fathead garlic bread provides a bed for the ghee-fried locally-sourced egg, and a counterpoint to the bacon and spam that finishes the dish.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1903

Slow Roasted Pork, broccoli & butter, and pickle ala Dave.

(Jane) #1904

:rofl:

(Running from stupidity) #1905

Dragon-poker, he should henceforth be known as Pickle Dave, I say :slight_smile:

(Allie) #1906

The Diet Doctor bead roll recipe, I looked when @ctviggen first asked but forgot to post it then.

(Karen) #1907

The potluck worked out better than I thought it would because (this is the same group that I went to a month ago) I mentioned that one of the members might be secretly keto. Turns out they’re just doing low-carb. She bacon wrapped some pork tenderloin. There was a nice salad, Parmesan crisps, cheese, olives, Brie, pork tenderloin.

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1908

What would l do without you @anon54735292? :kissing_heart:

(Allie) #1909

Bacon, eggs, sausages + my turmeric mayo.

But I’m still not well, and now I feel sick… :nauseated_face:

Cayenne pepper and cinnamon capsules to try and help with the congestion I have from this damn cold / flu thing that just won’t go away :sneezing_face::weary:

(Mike W.) #1910

Does that work?

:grin::hugs:

(Allie) #1912

Always has done in the past so I’m hopeful it will again.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1913

Philippine pork soup. With fat and skin layers. There were a couple green veggies in there too.

Then I got to eating and chatting and forgot to take pictures of all the other meat.

Bonus! One of my new Filipino friends has been keto for two months and has lost 7 kilos!