What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Bob M) #1874

Got up, did HIIT for 22 minutes at about 7 am, ate “blunch” (nothing but coffee, minor amount of cream until then) at about 1pm/1300. Ate 12 ounces smoked salmon, 4 large eggs, 71g olives, 31g Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons butter (latter not measured, estimated). Was still hungry, so had 2 picked eggs (large). 1667 calories, 86.2 grams fat, 114 grams protein. 27.3 % calories from protein. Yes, that’s 114 grams of protein in one meal.

Decided to hold the Steak & Mushrooms from last for dinner and Egged out instead. :slight_smile: … 6 Fried Eggs, with Country Sausage, Sausage Links and Bacon on top.

(Running from stupidity) #1876

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

If you had say, 2 or 3 days to play with, what would you prioritize sous videing?

I usually just do some tough old rump steak for 24 or so hours, but I would probably still be doing hanger steak for 72 hours if I hadn’t made it all trendy and expensive at the markets :frowning:

(Cindy) #1877

I don’tt know how some of you eat so much. :wink: Male/female differences is part of it, I’m sure. LOL
My first meal of the day was 2 eggs (seasoned with s&p and basil) with cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with some Italian sausage on the side. I ate about 3/4 of it.

(Running from stupidity) #1878

Nope, I struggle too. I’m trying a “three meals in 7-8 hour window” thing ATM. Just can’t eat enough with 2MAD.

(Cindy) #1879

I’m not worrying about quantities right now. Yesterday I was busy helping paint a bathroom, so my first meal wasn’t until about 8pm and even then, I couldn’t finish what I’d fixed (ground beef with some cabbage and onions, avocado, sour cream, and cheese…sort of nacho-less nachos). I had a couple of pieces of bacon later as a snack, but that was it for the day.

(Running from stupidity) #1880

A warming chicken korma curry with some cheesy garlic bread is a perfect fusion lunch. Yes indeed it is.

(Cindy) #1881

And I’m the worst at trying to maintain any sort of macros. Dinner was cauliflower risotto with mushrooms. Made with heavy cream and cheese, so plenty of fat…but very little protein. I’d planned to have some beef with it, but that didn’t happen.

Nice fatty bit of Rump Steak (1/2 of a huuuuge one) with Sauteed Cabbage/Radishes & Cheese.

First time out with the sous vide - 26ish hours at 53.5c. Panicked a bit at the searing stage (damnit!) & overdid it a little but was still very nice indeed :yum:

Going super tough/cheap this week & trying a bit of Chuck Steak :crossed_fingers:

I can put a lot of food away in a very short amount of time - I grew up with three older brothers so you had to be quick :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #1884

SV is very forgiving :slight_smile:

It may need to be for a while :wink: but husband was pretty impressed so I can’t have done too badly.

(Michelle isaacson) #1886

Uh…it looks like birds feet?

(Mike W.) #1887

Indeed! The package said “chicken Paws” :rofl:

(Michelle isaacson) #1888

It kind of startled me! :laughing:

Not sure, could be? But here’s my little meal for tonight. :smile:

The Delmonico Steak from last night, with Mushrooms, Deviled Eggs, Cauliflower/Egg Salad, Cole Slaw, Pickles and Olives. Also ate a 4 Brazil Nuts afterward.

(Michelle isaacson) #1890

(Cindy) #1891

How many jars of pickles do you buy in a month? :wink:

:smile: We probably go through 6 or 7, and they are quite big jars too. But I also Fast a lot, so that could easily take another jar out of that equation. :slight_smile: But yes, we do keep Pickles and Olives in stock regularly here. :wink: … They are a good way to get some extra salt and good fat into your meals.

(Cindy) #1893

I’m all about olives. Usually have kalamata olives for the most part, but I’ll eat any of them. I like pickles…just not “that” much. LOL