What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1847

https://www.amazon.com.au/zanmini-Shredder-Stainless-Carving-Handling/dp/B07B3TV1GC

Yeah, but it wasn’t the best. I did suggest to my wife that it wasn’t going to be great made with crispy fathead dough, and so it turned out. Still nice, but not really good. However, and this is obviously the really important bit, it does look pretty good in photos.

(Deniz Marchmont) #1848

It does look amazing hahhha

(Deniz Marchmont) #1849

Thank u

(Ellen) #1850

Bacon & chicken thigh pan fried with chilli & garlic butter, with a side of cauli cheese, with extra parmesan & chilli garlic butter.

Holy Keto Crap! … My wife has lost her freakin’ mind! :flushed: :smile: … So, I started Fasting after last Sunday’s night’s dinner, so I’m breaking a 120 hr. Fast tonight. - I told her that I wanted to eat a very small Salad with Olive Oil and a little Dressing. (Not shown) And then 30-60- minutes later, I wanted a Big Salad with Strips of Steak, Fried Mushrooms, Pepperoni and Bacon. (For the meats) and plus all the other good stuff like Spinach, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, etc. But that I wanted a small portion of the Streak on the side, just to taste it. So told her I would eat 1/2 or maybe 2/3’s of the Steak on the Salad, with the small piece on the side. Well…

I went ahead and ate the Big Meaty Salad… And found out she put the whole NY Strip in it!

And then… She brought me my small piece of Delmonico Steak on the side… :flushed::crazy_face:

I asked her ‘WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!’ …I can’t eat all that! - She just chuckled and said ‘Well, just eat what you can’ … Yeah, ok, right! - So I did, but just the Broccoli, Bacon, 2 pieces of the Cheese and some Olives. Pups got some Cheese and I took two bites of the Steak just to try it. (I then kissed the Steak goodnight and promised to take it out for Lunch tomorrow. :wink: :smile:) … Which I indeed plan to do now. Or Dinner? Not sure. :slight_smile:

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1852

Two things:

1. The word “wife” indicates this is not a new occurrence, and

2. She’s probably seen your food-plate photos on here, just as we have, so she knows to feed you a heap :slight_smile:

#justsayinvirginia

(John) #1853

I’ve been very busy the past couple of weeks and haven’t really had time to cook myself a good meal in a while. Tonight I made myself a wonderful dinner.

• 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs sauteed in butter and avocado oil cooked with sliced portabello mushrooms in same pan, with a little rice wine added towards the end for some extra flavor.

• Yellow squash sliced and sauteed in butter and olive oil, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and italian seasoning. I cook it on med-high so they get browned, and flip once during cooking.

• Steamed broccoli salted with pink salt, with melted butter.

It was a full plate, and more than I usually eat for dinner, but today was kind of OMAD - all I had earlier was a handful of walnuts for breakfast with coffee.

I think it must be from cooking with full fats, which adds lots of flavor, and I think I may surprisingly have a natural ability at cooking. Because the things I cook are really, really good.

(Jane) #1854

Appetizer: Burnt Pork Butt Ends

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1855

Certainly appetising…

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1856

Brunch! Actual Brunch! Thrice-cooked rump steak, local bacon, perfectly-fried spam, and market eggs. If you fear you have a protein deficit - and who doesn’t? - this is the brunch for you. Or breakfast. Or lunch.

Yeah, I see your point, but the Big Salad kicked my ass, so had nothing left for that pretty Steak tonight. :slight_smile: … But we will meet again though. :yum:

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1858

That’s the attitude!

:slight_smile:

Cheeseburger Salad with Lime/Chipotle Slaw. Have decided that as much as I like lamb I don’t much care for it in burger form so back on the beef.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1860

Ooooh…

Yeah :sunglasses:

Still working through my experiment. Broke my latest fast tonight with a bit of prosciutto wrapped around some double cream brie. My main meal was a deliciously fatty ribeye. I was busy with my daughter and cooking something entirely different for her, so I didn’t want to mess around with grills, sous vide, frying etc. After rubbing some black pepper and pink himalayan salt into the steak, I smothered it in butter and threw it in our air fryer (7 minutes each side). I was impressed with the result given the speed of cooking and hands-off approach.

I also ate a couple of spicy chicken sausages from our local butcher which don’t have the usual carb nonsense stuffed into them that I find in the supermarket. I made up a small bowl of guacamole and helped myself to a small bite more of the brie. This was all washed down with some nice Yorkshire Tea with heavy cream added. Completely full and ready to fast again.

The ribeye (lip on) before all the action

There was so much delicious fat on this piece, it was a genuine pleasure to eat.

Cooked pretty nicely (and fast) in the air fryer

The timing seemed just right, not bad for a really fast and easy approach to cooking them when I’m busy and distracted.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #1863

We gotta get you into sous vide, laddie. WE HAVE TO!

(Allie) #1864

Lamb hearts and homemade turmeric mayo for breakfast.

(Bob M) #1865

Which famous recipe?

Yeah, that looks like it came out nice indeed. … I’m still dropping temps on the Sous Vide to find that temp that will still give me that nice pick inside and then I like to have the outside crisped up, or tortured. :slight_smile:

I’m actually planning on doing some grilling this weekend and Steak is probably on the Menu for Sunday. Similar to your cooking here, but over flame. Love flame kissed Steak. :slight_smile: