What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1833

U mean the crust? Just the filter turned browned crust into purple as l enhanced the red undertones but don’t tell anybody, OK? :shushing_face:

(Carl Keller) #1834

Pork rind salad. It needed some jalapenos but I was out so I doused it with Frank’s Red Hot.

(Running from stupidity) #1835

That’s a terribly poor substitute!

(Carl Keller) #1836

Yes I know. Call the KP hotline and collect your reward. One good thing I learned from this besides don’t forget the jalapenos: Frank’s red hot on pork rinds gives them the heat I desire. I will get chicharrones some times and it says on the package that it’s hot and spicy in flaming letters and such but I find it to be below average on the heat index. FRH did the trick and you can even hear a little crackling noise when the hot sauce hits the pork rinds. It’s like little piggies getting splashed with lava. Sadistic? Sure, but at least it’s keto.

(Running from stupidity) #1837

You make that sound like a negative when you phrase it like that.

Great picture, Carl! :+1: :yum: :drooling_face:

(Allie) #1839

I’ve literally thrown a mixture of weird stuff together for work lunch today.

Three boiled eggs, green olives, a can of sardines in olive oil, some sliced pickles that needed using up, all mashed up with a fork and mixed in with mayo.

(Running from stupidity) #1840

“Keto - it’s not a restrictive diet at all”

(Running from stupidity) #1841

350g of 24-hour twice-cooked rump steak, with Wasabi paste to give it a good solid boot up the bum in the taste department. Then a garden salad provides some brightness when paired with two pieces of house-made golden cheesy garlic bread.

(Diane) #1842

Bravo!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1843

I love weird food at work! I ate bacon with canned tuna the other day…the looks I got from my co-workers were priceless!!

(Running from stupidity) #1844

Triple treat! Three fried eggs with lashings of bacon! Perfect start to the day!

(Deniz Marchmont) #1845

Uuuummm what are meatclaws

(Deniz Marchmont) #1846

Did someone say garlic bread

(Running from stupidity) #1847

https://www.amazon.com.au/zanmini-Shredder-Stainless-Carving-Handling/dp/B07B3TV1GC

Yeah, but it wasn’t the best. I did suggest to my wife that it wasn’t going to be great made with crispy fathead dough, and so it turned out. Still nice, but not really good. However, and this is obviously the really important bit, it does look pretty good in photos.

(Deniz Marchmont) #1848

It does look amazing hahhha

(Deniz Marchmont) #1849

Thank u

(Ellen) #1850

Bacon & chicken thigh pan fried with chilli & garlic butter, with a side of cauli cheese, with extra parmesan & chilli garlic butter.

Holy Keto Crap! … My wife has lost her freakin’ mind! :flushed: :smile: … So, I started Fasting after last Sunday’s night’s dinner, so I’m breaking a 120 hr. Fast tonight. - I told her that I wanted to eat a very small Salad with Olive Oil and a little Dressing. (Not shown) And then 30-60- minutes later, I wanted a Big Salad with Strips of Steak, Fried Mushrooms, Pepperoni and Bacon. (For the meats) and plus all the other good stuff like Spinach, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, etc. But that I wanted a small portion of the Streak on the side, just to taste it. So told her I would eat 1/2 or maybe 2/3’s of the Steak on the Salad, with the small piece on the side. Well…

I went ahead and ate the Big Meaty Salad… And found out she put the whole NY Strip in it!

And then… She brought me my small piece of Delmonico Steak on the side… :flushed::crazy_face:

I asked her ‘WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!’ …I can’t eat all that! - She just chuckled and said ‘Well, just eat what you can’ … Yeah, ok, right! - So I did, but just the Broccoli, Bacon, 2 pieces of the Cheese and some Olives. Pups got some Cheese and I took two bites of the Steak just to try it. (I then kissed the Steak goodnight and promised to take it out for Lunch tomorrow. :wink: :smile:) … Which I indeed plan to do now. Or Dinner? Not sure. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1852

Two things:

1. The word “wife” indicates this is not a new occurrence, and

2. She’s probably seen your food-plate photos on here, just as we have, so she knows to feed you a heap :slight_smile:

#justsayinvirginia