What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Kristin) #1812

Turkey stew: bone broth, sausage, seasoning and cooked in the slow cooker until the meat fell off the bones and fat soaked into the broth. The photo makes it look like there’s more celery and onion than there really is. All went to the top.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1813

Not if I get to the bacon first! :bacon::bacon:

(Ernest) #1814

Hahaha!! I’ll have to do that next time

(Kristin) #1815

My turkey and sausage stew turned out phenomenally well. I ate 2 bowls! I had blackberries in hwc for dessert. I did not expect to eat this well tonight.

(Running from stupidity) #1816

So you just went 16 hours without eating? A hero’s lunch for you. Or, maybe, breakfast, technically. Lufast, maybe? Anyway, three eggs, half a perfect avocado, bacon, and some Brie for the finishing touch. All locally sourced so you can feel good about your carbon footprint.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1817

“Break-fast,” appropriate any time a fast is ending!

(Running from stupidity) #1818

It has cultural issues as a term, though. “OK, I’l see you after breakfast.” #knowhatimean?

I think I’ll go back to using “clock-lunch” :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1819

Chicken Korma curry on a bed of cauliflower rice, with blackened and lightly fried cabbage to accompany.

(Mike W.) #1820

Ima need that recipe, please.

(Allie) #1821

Breakfast. Ribeye with ghee and mayo.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1822

Yes, “I’ll see you after clock-lunch” isn’t weird at all. :wink:

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1823

Fat head with spinach, minced beef, cheese, black olives and some accidental veg for decoration :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Karen) #1824

Accidental veg. Oh the humanity!

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1825

Frien pork chops, coated in an egg/herb wash and pork rinds crumbs.

I was SHOCKED how close to the real deal they were! Absolutely delicious!

(Running from stupidity) #1826

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

What did you add to get it that unusual purple colour? Thai basil? Beets of some kind?

:wink:

(Ashley) #1828

A wreck salad from potbelly. Lavash bread cut into tortilla chips and browned and then cheese on top melted.

Fried pork in butter, garlic and cheese, (melted havarti into the butter)

…topped with pesto sauce!

(Ernest) #1830

Beef liver and eggs

(Running from stupidity) #1831

For the Korma? It’s a cheat one, really. This is what Cronometer tells me (I put that data in a while back, presumably my wife Whatsapped it to me :slight_smile:

I presume the almond meal is for thickening it - I’d have tried coconut flour myself (we have a huge bag of it, if nothing else) - and we used Sharwood’s Korma paste (last night, although we mostly have Valcom), but it’s not in the database and we’re really just using up stuff we had from pre-keto days (that I judged to be OK when I was clearing the house of carbs before we started).

If it wasn’t for the Korma, enjoy my uninformed (and excessively parenthetical) ramblings anyway :slight_smile:

(Doug) #1832

Ha! :slightly_smiling_face: Joanna, that’s an eyeful there, and it looks mighty good.