What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Tonight the wife threw together something to try. Country Sausage cooked up and added some Mushrooms, Onions and Rao’s Sauce, and then wrapped them in Cabbage with Cheese on top. They were pretty good, but I couldn’t get through the whole meal. Was working on the roof and doing the yard, so a little tired and filled up quite quickly once I started eating.

The lone survivor… until tomorrow. :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #1629

Keto cornbread for Keto Dressing…

Mighty Fine! :wink:

Well, these kind-of don’t fit the ‘What did you Keto today’, but will actually be on the menu for tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Made two personal Pumpkin Cheese Cakes for my son and I, and made a Chocolate one for the wife. She added a little piece of Lindt’s Orange Chocolate to the top, after melting it. :slight_smile:

Two of these…

Just one Chocolate…

(Janelle) #1631

I like the idea of the personal ones. We’ll be freezing at least half of this.

(Mike W.) #1632

Keto Caramel Corn!

How it makes me feel

Variation on the all important fathead pizza. Used this site for weights instead of volume measurements https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza. Also added two teaspoons psyllium husk, doubled the recipe, added only one egg.

For prep, combined cheeses in food processor along with almond flour & seasonings. Added wet to dry & followed directions from there.

Haven’t eaten it yet, but hoping for a chewier crust.

Thank you Carl & Richard!

Emily

(Sophie) #1634

:smile:

(Doug) #1635

Mic, it’s clear polycarbonate stuff - ideal for sous vide cooking. Not essential, but I had nothing at all, not even an old cooler to cut a circular hole in, so decided to get all set up at once. There are four sizes, from what I see on Amazon.

LIPAVI Sous Vide Container - Model C15 - 18 Quarts - 17.6 x 11.4 Inch - Strong & Clear See-through Polycarbonate - Matching L15 Rack and Tailored Lids for virtually every circulator sold separately.

The lid can be ordered to precisely fit most sous vide heaters. Not cheap - the three components totaled $116 US. The rack, which is even more non-essential, is $60 alone. :neutral_face: However, it’s good stainless steel and they make a substantial case for its efficacy at doing larger batches of things, i.e. keeping the bags from touching each other, keeping an even flow of water around them all.

So, a total of $215 with the Anova cooker. Two or three times of my wife and I eating in, versus going out, should more than equal such, and I’m sure we’ll cut down the restaurant visits by far more than that.

(Doug) #1636

Not everybody’s cup of tea, but 4x for me.

(Heather Meyer) #1637

Day 1 gt me feeling like…
Its Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie time…
I feel pleased… i made the chocolate chunks homemade because i cant have Lilys due to Stevia abd I made them dairy free…double woot!
Then, i made homemade almond butter and made these flourless chewy chocolate chunk almond butter cookies using Allulose!
The more i use Allulose the more i love it. It really brings the browning and caramalization to a recipe and melts erfectly so no re-crystalization causing grainy chocolate or cookies…

** Well i wish i could claim cookies as Dinner… i did not. I ate chicken thighs with sugar free bbq sauce. (G.Hughes straight up)

(Running from stupidity) #1638

Thanks for that info, Doug, much appreciated.

I agree about the rack, it’s a very good thing to have, and for the reasons they give. Not ESSENTIAL, but if people can, then I definitely would.

The other cost factor is that you can cook cheaper cuts of meat, and as I was saying to someone earlier, I actually prefer them, although the fat/protein ratio is prob skewed more to protein. But, that’s what garlic-infused butter is for, right? That can save a LOT of money.

I think my current sous vide might be dying, so I’m probably looking for both a large one like that, and a smaller one for things like eggs in the morning, vegetables at a different temp, and so on.

Thanks again.

(Troy) #1639

@zeranity
Yum!
I will FOR SURE be eating some prime rib tomorrow at Taps Restaurant for Thanksgiving
Thankfully, it’s on their special Holiday menu

I will just leave the turkey for the birds
Sigh

(Mike W.) #1640

Anova are on sale right now. You know, the WiFi’s one :rofl:

(Running from stupidity) #1641

Buddy, I shut up about them. I’m disappointed you didn’t notice.

:wink:

(Running from stupidity) #1642

Roast chicken. With roast cauliflower. You didn’t see that coming, did you? Yup, roast cauliflower. And we promise that you’ll love it. Served with blackened green beans and some cherry tomatoes for a little acid, then some house-created gravy to finish the plate.

Now I’ve got to do this, just to see if you keep your promise! :wink:

Anything on the cauliflower, or is it just cut and roasted?

I like that you mentioned the gravy, but didn’t cover everything up with it. :grin:

EDIT: That’s a really great picture! :+1:

(Allie) #1644

(Allie) #1645

I now need to put these away, far far away out of my sight… :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #1646

I’ve sent a whatsapp message to my wife to check. It might have duck fat on it, I’m not sure. I should have an answer in the morning.

Yeah, it really works with some photos (like the super-thick piece of steak from about three weeks ago) - but otherwise, yeah, you’re spot on, it just make a photo of some brown stuff on a white plate :slight_smile:

(Diane) #1647

Do you have a recipe for Keto Carmel Corn?