What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Heather Meyer) #1607

yum… i live off pumpkin seeds.
never thought of using soy sauce to seasom thrm before…will have to try

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1608

So l came across this recipe

Not bad, I guess it would work quite well in a french toast substitute recipe.
So far my no 1 are the keto doctor rolls.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1609

Sour cream.

(Heather Meyer) #1610

I found the wholesum yum low carb almond flour bread to be waaaaay better than Soul Bread. I found it more like bread and no whey or egg taste to it. I am a super-taster so i can taste all the whey in it and even slight eggyness.

(Karen) #1611

Just made a 90 second Keto muffins. But this time I used 1 tablespoon almond flour, 1 tablespoon psyllium husk, quarter teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon butter , And One egg. Stir completely, And micro wave 90 seconds. I use paper ice cream cups from the dollar store.

Ran out to drop off a Cheese Cake and picked up a few things on the way home. So decided to try some 1/4 pound Beef Franks, wrapped in Bacon and cooked on the Rotisserie. Been a while since having one. :slight_smile:

(Janelle) #1613

Oh, those look perfect!

(Sophie) #1614

Nice! I stuff mine with cheese and bake them. No mini rotisserie here :smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #1615

Oh, damn. Those look… perfect.

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1616

So what is the main difference?

(Running from stupidity) #1617

How good is it? Super easy to use, super useful.

Is this something I should know about? :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #1619

Mind to share the gravy recipe? looks to die for :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
:metal: :metal: :metal:

(Running from stupidity) #1620

It’s pretty complex, but I’ll give it a crack.

Make Bisto gravy, add juices from the sous vide bag (or the pan, whatever), heat a little and reduce a little. That’s it :slight_smile:

It is a bit carb heavy, so you have to be a little careful with it. OTOH, Bisto gravy is utterly awesome, so it’s worth planning for.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #1621

oooh noooo… we don’t have that here… must check if there is a way to order it online… importing food items to switzerland is always such a hassle. the one downside to not be part of the EU …

(Running from stupidity) #1622

I’m sure you can substitute your favourite gravy :slight_smile: But Bisto is our favourite by FAR. (Waits for the poms to chime in on why it’s really not that good :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #1623

hmm… must be about 15 years or so since I used storebought gravy, I probably have to test some :thinking:

(Janelle) #1624

I haven’t keto’d this yet but you’d better believe I’ll be trying a piece - you know, to make sure it’s good enough to serve and all.

Texas Roadhouse- prime rib and loaded veggies with sour cream.

Well, I’m sure your’s was way better. :wink: I actually wanted to add Cheese, but it doesn’t go well with a Rotisserie. But I hadn’t had a Bacon wrapped HD in some time. So to have them as they were worked. :slight_smile:

Thanks @CatGirl … they were pretty good. I like mine a little crispy, where the Bacon squeezes the HD tight.

@zeranity - Texas Road House is a prime target for us when we go out. :slight_smile: … Never had a bad meal there. :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #1627

Grilled chicken fajita bowls.