What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #1587

I’ve tried to buy WAY too much stuff off Amazon over the years to not make sure by getting to the checkout stage. They own AWS, but they have computers that aren’t too smart…

Well boo to that :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure The Treasurer will track one down - the man can shop!

(Running from stupidity) #1589

Sorry for turning this thread into a sous vide ad, people.

BUT … it will all be worth it if you buy yourself one! #trustmeimaustralian

(Allie) #1590

Watch out for import tax if you’re buying from the US, assuming the Aus tax laws are similar to the UK?

They’ve recently introduced one but it’s up to the retailer to collect it. That’s one reason its harder to buy online from o/s now - retailers don’t want to be Aus. Gov. tax collectors (& fair enough) so they don’t sell to Australia. :rage:

(Heather Meyer) #1592

whats the white swirl on your omelette?

(Heather Meyer) #1593

Clearly you missed your calling as Food Critic Piece writer…

(Running from stupidity) #1594

Oh, I can write crap about anything - public relations was my minor degree :slight_smile:

(Joanna Parszyk ) #1595

@Keto6468
I bought it on amazon. It really looks like rice!

(Allie) #1596

Lamb leg steak with “creamed” cauliflower - I’m still dairy free so made it with ghee, two raw eggs, salt, pepper, turmeric. Not a bad breakfast :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #1597

How does that work? Ghee is from butter is dairy, no?

(Mike W.) #1598

Alright I’ll tell you why.

1. It’s called the “ice bath” feature. You load your meat, load your ice, and head to work. You can monitor the bath temp all day (or get an alert). Lunch rolls around, you fire it up and voila. Ice melts and you have a perfectly cooked steak.

2. You’ve got a full packer brisket ($$$) going for 36 hours. At some point during that time the roommate comes home, doesn’t know what’s going on, hears it making noises and turns it off. Instead of it sitting there getting warm and all bacteriay you get an alert and turn it back on. Scold roommate.

The second one I only heard about, but I’d have one less roommate if that happened…

With that said, it’s super unstable and next to impossible to actually get connected :joy:

You want to talk about useless WiFi devices though? Smoker temp monitoring. Why?!

(Allie) #1599

Yes but ghee has all the milk solids removed so is just fat.

Jamon Iberico is phenomenal! I ate so, so much of it a few years back on a trip to Spain.

(Running from stupidity) #1601

They are not compelling usecases, unless you’re a power company, in which case #1 sounds awesome :slight_smile:

And yes :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1602

450g of 24-hour cooked rump steak is smothered with house-prepared hollandaise sauce, perfectly complemented by chef’s special bacon-cabbage fry.

So yeah, 450 was on the plate, 300 was about what I managed to eat…

(Allie) #1603

The last of the burgers from the deep freeze and spinach cooked in eggs and ghee. Spinach also from the freezer and it’s reminded me not to buy any more.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1604

Pumpkin seeds fried in coconut oil and soy sauce. I’ve done this before with only soy sauce, but I’m liking the addition of coconut oil!

(Doug) #1605

Have to love that chart, as a buyer. :slightly_smiling_face: Mic, I had not seen the camelcamelcamel.com site before - good mention there, hombre. Looks very useful.

:clap: @Tmdlkwd again, for mentioning the sale on another thread. Ordered a Lipavi sous vide container, lid and interior rack as well. Today is the day before Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and it will be a madhouse as far as shopping. Was out early, went to 3 grocery stores this morning, was back home by 8 a.m. with some thick ribeyes and pork chops. Really looking forward to this sous vide deal.

Breakfast of Champions!

Okay, fasters. (is that’s a word?) :grin: