What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ashley) #1065

For the most part yes lol, but I am very much to the book on amounts not eyeing, something I very much lack with cooking! I’ll give it a try though! Maybe I can find a similar recipe! Thanks for the info! I’m excited for sausage and gravy!

(Allie) #1066

Ground beef, pre-cooked last night then reheated this morning and cooked with three eggs, then mixed in my turmeric and black pepper mayo creation - breakfast :grinning:

(Running from stupidity) #1067

A 450g rump steak, cooked to perfection over 24 hours in a sous vide water bath, then flash-seared in a heritage cast iron pan using brown butter, before being placed on a bed of cauliflower puree and topped with hand-mixed gravy and mushrooms, with pan-fried green beans nestled alongside.

(Ashley) #1068

Kielbasa, Cabbage,onion, olive oil, butter, garlic, Salt, Paprika

(Ellen) #1069

Ths was my 2nd BLT, 1st was scoffed far too fast for a photo, next time might try weaving the bacon before cooking and using that as the “bread” as others here have done.

(Mike W.) #1070

#nofilter

(Kristin) #1071

Lunch: lettuce and arugula with tuna, olive oil, lemon salt and pepper.

Dinner: sausage, egg, onion and broccoli scramble

Had Salmon tonight, along with some Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Pickles and left-over Sausage. Plus, the rest of the left-over Top Sirloin from last night. Also ate some Pecans & Brazil nuts, and a square of 90% Lindt.

Actually out of my Little pickles and Olives, but been too busy to get up to the store. … But had some of the larger ones, so they are being targeted until I get some. :slight_smile:

(Blessed with butter ) #1073

Ginger wings and bacon pickle slaw.

Where have you been all my life?
(Kristin) #1074

Mmmm…the cheese on your plate :drooling_face:

(I’m abstaining from cheese this week.)

:slight_smile: … I’ve heard others mention similarly, about abstaining from cheese, and/or dairy, but not sure I heard them say why? I myself love cheese and have it every meal. Similar to my pickles and olives. :slight_smile: … Meats are what I usually switch up from time to time, but those are pretty much staples of my meals nowadays.

We keep stocked up on all kinds of cheeses, as well as most other stuff Keto, but it is used the most overall. :slight_smile:

(Kristin) #1076

I’m hoping to get a little weight loss boost. I’ve got a college alumni event this weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also:
My husband was having a lot of sinus issues years ago, with lots of phlegm. He abstained from dairy for 3 months and said that helped tremendously. I have my own sinus issues and also wondered if my consumption of dairy is a contributing factor. I wonder if I really am tolerating dairy, or if I’ve got a little bloating.

(Liz ) #1077

B

Nothing quite Keto as offered on the menu at the breakfast joint so I said “I’d like 3 scrambled eggs with cheese on top & two sides of bacon.” Perfect!

I too have always had sinus issues, (mostly change of weather, but all year long as well) so please share your results if you don’t mind. :slight_smile: … I know giving up dairy would really suck, but it would be nice to know if it helps in that area. (Not saying I would mind you :smile:, but still nice to know if so.) :slight_smile: … Thanks in advance

(Kristin) #1079

Will do. Giving up dairy for good would suck for me too, hence the probably too brief experiment. I don’t know how my husband quit dairy for 3 months!

(Running from stupidity) #1080

If only there was a word for having breakfast at clock-lunch. Brockch? Maybe not.

Lime and pepper haloumi takes this breakfast a little off the reservation, as does a chicken rissole. Scrambled eggs topped with mozzarella join market-sourced bacon and the always popular fried spam to round out the dish.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1081

OK, wordman, it’s called breakfast. Break fast. :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #1082

But then people don’t think it’s at mid-day :slight_smile:

(Heather Meyer) #1083

you drinking the hwc straight up? Is that what you meant about 2oz

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: