What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Mmmm hollandaise. What is under it?

(Allie) #8165

Yes I heard it on a podcast, honestly can’t remember which one or who but it was some guy who is apparently an expert on steak and he said he keeps them frozen, takes them out of the freezer about 20 mins before he’s going to cook them just so they soften a bit, then cooks from frozen. I’ve been doing it that way since and it works great :grinning:

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8166

It’s a ten minute walk from the grocery store… this is amazing.

Yeah, been doing all our Steaks Sous Vide since I first bought one. Think the wife is also spoiled to this as well, since the other day she pulled out & cooked a nice big London Broil, but as soon as we started eating, she said she should have pulled that sucker out earlier and dropped it in the Sous Vide. :smile: She’s gotten used to the nice texture you get with it, so was a bit tougher then what we’ve been getting with using the Sous Vide. … The only thing is, I’ve only been using it with Steaks so far, but have been wanting to try it with some other stuff like Chicken, Hamburgers, etc. Probably will over the Summer.

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8168

I think I can get one on taobao… and now that my roommate moved out I could put it in her room. Something to ponder!

I have to say they are well worth it, even if I just used it for doing Steaks. But I have heard others using it for a lot of other things as well. … If it broke today, I would order another one tonight. :slight_smile:

Blue cheese bacon boats sailing for a dip in a little avocado oil mayo…

(Karen) #8171

Bacon eggs asparagus and a piece of keto bread

I tried to make keto bread once but it was too eggy. In this case, that might be just fine. Now I’m hungry.

(Jacqueline Porter) #8173

Thats beautiful!

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8174

:blush:

Not a great photographer, but this is what I’m currently eating. I was in the mood for a poke bowl, and this is the closest I could get on my budget (which only has space for cold smoked salmon and not sushi-grade :laughing:)

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8176

I ate a bit earlier than dinner time tonight as I have to go out soon and I knew I’d get hangry while I was out! Amongst all the left over mince is a baked egg covered in cheddar cheese, and topped with sour cream!

My local Walmart carries Foster Farms Chicken Gizzards & Hearts.

Also, Foster Farms Chicken Livers.

(Jody) #8178

thanks.

I saw that but they have been “out of stock” for quite some time at my local wally. They have the gizzards but the one w/ the hearts is ALWAYS out of stock. I keep trying though!

The packages that I buy have both Gizzards and Hearts in them as well. But yes, I would surely love to purchase a package of hearts only too. :+1: … On a side note, we have asked the folks that work there about possibly getting in some Turkey Gizzards as well, but we haven’t heard back on those just yet. I did Liver, Fried Onions and Fried Eggs just the other day, and it was quite delicious.

(Ellen) #8180

Casa del mar / a study in pink tonight, salmon with coconut garlic prawns, all with garlic butter on top.

Thought this would cover tomorrow’s lunch as well, but no, all gone.

(Karen) #8181

OK you know your pork rinds are real when you see a tattoo

OK I’m a little grossed out

(Full Metal Keto) #8182

I can’t figure out what gang he belonged to. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve actually seen this before myself, but it’s been a while. :slight_smile: