What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8154

Quick lunch today! Chicken and bacon with mayo and avocado on top! :blush:

(Jody) #8155

Carnivore Day 8

1.5lb ground meat, 3 chicken livers, gizzards (cooked in instapot), 3 boiled eggs. (The juice on the plate is the brown butter left from cooking the livers)

I was sad, I cooked 6 eggs … 3 for me and 3 for the dogs, but I got them mixed up. I was SUPPOSED to have the nice soft boiled eggs w/ the runny yolk, but the dogs got them and I got the normal hard boiled ones. :smiley:

(Allie) #8156

Salmon, eggs.
Yoghurt
Coffee

@work OMAD, my husband and I are attending courses for a skipper license, so no dinner at home this week. I’m channeling my inner Joey Tribbiani and his “boys,youre about to see something really special” as I tie my napkin bib…

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8158

Look what I made! Look what I made!

I finally get it! I understand the whole rare steak thing.

Sous Vide? Or did you just cook the outer layering? :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8160

Just cooked the outside. I don’t have a soul vide stick.

It is Oyster blade steak. I don’t know what that means, but it wasn’t as expensive as other steaks so I thought it was worth experimenting with. This is my second one. So. Happy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Allie) #8162

I cook them from frozen, it works really well.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8163

Really!!! I wasted a whole afternoon waiting for that sucker to thaw. Thanks!

Mmmm hollandaise. What is under it?

(Allie) #8165

Yes I heard it on a podcast, honestly can’t remember which one or who but it was some guy who is apparently an expert on steak and he said he keeps them frozen, takes them out of the freezer about 20 mins before he’s going to cook them just so they soften a bit, then cooks from frozen. I’ve been doing it that way since and it works great :grinning:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8166

It’s a ten minute walk from the grocery store… this is amazing.

Yeah, been doing all our Steaks Sous Vide since I first bought one. Think the wife is also spoiled to this as well, since the other day she pulled out & cooked a nice big London Broil, but as soon as we started eating, she said she should have pulled that sucker out earlier and dropped it in the Sous Vide. :smile: She’s gotten used to the nice texture you get with it, so was a bit tougher then what we’ve been getting with using the Sous Vide. … The only thing is, I’ve only been using it with Steaks so far, but have been wanting to try it with some other stuff like Chicken, Hamburgers, etc. Probably will over the Summer.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8168

I think I can get one on taobao… and now that my roommate moved out I could put it in her room. Something to ponder!

I have to say they are well worth it, even if I just used it for doing Steaks. But I have heard others using it for a lot of other things as well. … If it broke today, I would order another one tonight. :slight_smile:

Blue cheese bacon boats sailing for a dip in a little avocado oil mayo…

(Karen) #8171

Bacon eggs asparagus and a piece of keto bread

I tried to make keto bread once but it was too eggy. In this case, that might be just fine. Now I’m hungry.

('Jackie P') #8173

Thats beautiful!