What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(traci simpson) #8144

Keto pizza

(Full Metal Keto) #8145

Very risky when you buy your meat already ground. If you’re doing it yourself, grinding or mincing right before eating raw better, but that’s totally different from buying a chub or tray of ground beef. :warning:

Sorry about the kind of gross post here but I think it’s important to at the very least know what kind of risk we’re taking with ground beef. I like a bloody rare burger as much as anyone but sousvide may be the way to go for that with the commercially produced meats we consume in the modern world. Superbugs are no fun, I have been through two of those infections and they go on for months or years. :skull:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #8146

Look for an Asian market, you’ll find chicken hearts.
I love them and gizzards.

Greek salad

(Full Metal Keto) #8148

Pizza Experiment

So I was shopping a few days ago and picked up a 6.5 lb. block of Finlandia Muenster Cheese for $8.99. I wasn’t sure what the heck I was going to do with that much Muenster Cheese when I bought it. I was thinking how all the cheese based doughs are mozzarella and or cream cheese and wondered if other cheeses would work. So, Muenster Cheese crust with Canadian Bacon slices and Aged Gouda on top. It came out really good. The edges crunch like pork rinds. I almost put mustard instead of pizza sauce, I may try that next time. :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Diane) #8149

If you make the fathead dough recipes using a food processor, putting all the ingredients in without melting the cheese and cream cheese together first (also, I don’t use an egg in my pizza dough), I’ve been able to use a variety of cheeses. I’ve used a Mexican blend, Italian blend, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, or replaced some of the mozzarella with feta or finely shredded parmesan or Romano. They’ve all worked out well.

(I'm that bad type, make your mama sad type) #8150

Rotisserie chicken, and a salad of pepperoni and romaine, dressed with salt, pepper and olive oil.
#lazyketo

I don’t know what inspired this dinner other than I didn’t sleep very well last night and this is what I scrounged up

Made Chicken Parmesan tonight using Pork Rind crust for the first time, wasn’t bad at all. … Had a Salad, Chicken Parmesan, Deviled Eggs and some Pepperoni.

(Wendy) #8153

Looked like my dinner. Though I made a little snap peas tonight. Probably a little carby but I enjoyed it.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8154

Quick lunch today! Chicken and bacon with mayo and avocado on top! :blush:

(Jody) #8155

Carnivore Day 8

1.5lb ground meat, 3 chicken livers, gizzards (cooked in instapot), 3 boiled eggs. (The juice on the plate is the brown butter left from cooking the livers)

I was sad, I cooked 6 eggs … 3 for me and 3 for the dogs, but I got them mixed up. I was SUPPOSED to have the nice soft boiled eggs w/ the runny yolk, but the dogs got them and I got the normal hard boiled ones. :smiley:

(Allie) #8156

Salmon, eggs.
Yoghurt
Coffee

@work OMAD, my husband and I are attending courses for a skipper license, so no dinner at home this week. I’m channeling my inner Joey Tribbiani and his “boys,youre about to see something really special” as I tie my napkin bib…

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8158

Look what I made! Look what I made!

I finally get it! I understand the whole rare steak thing.

Sous Vide? Or did you just cook the outer layering? :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8160

Just cooked the outside. I don’t have a soul vide stick.

It is Oyster blade steak. I don’t know what that means, but it wasn’t as expensive as other steaks so I thought it was worth experimenting with. This is my second one. So. Happy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Allie) #8162

I cook them from frozen, it works really well.

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8163

Really!!! I wasted a whole afternoon waiting for that sucker to thaw. Thanks!