What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Jody) #8134

oh, normally I would have had mayo, cheese and such … BUT since I am trying to do Carnivore AND no dairy for at least a month … I had to go plain.

(Jody) #8135

when I set my mind, I am usually pretty good. This Carnivore WOE is about elimination so I knew it would be hard, so I prepared mentally for a couple of weeks before starting it.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #8136

At least from the looks of it, you do awesome. :metal:

Yep, sorry, forgot you’re trying 100% Carnivore… There’s always fried Eggs then. :slight_smile: Like these…

Bacon, Eggs and Chicken Livers… Also had some Greek Yogurt with Strawberries.

(Jody) #8138

At home, I 100% agree. I would have cooked it (we really just heated it as I like it [mostly] raw*), and added a sunny side up egg to each one … but that was a small shack and they didn’t have that.

• I would / do at times eat it raw

(Allie) #8139

Today I’m fasting, got a lovely warm salty water at the moment… :rofl:

7 eggs with sautéed onions and feta cheese. Also a bunch of spices. Forgot to take a pic on the plate, but here it is in the pan. And no, I didn’t eat the whole thing :yum:

('Jackie P') #8141

Thought I would restock my spice cupboard

A good job done!

Made a chicken korma with “attitude”, lots of cream and yogurt
Drank a pre dinner cocktail of ACV, ginger and salt - bloody disgusting! Still I got it down☺
Korma was just right!:wink:

(Diane) #8142

We can just call you hardcore carnivore!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8143

Simple dinner tonight…courgettes fried in garlic and butter with good ole mince! :joy: #lazyketo #alltheprotein

(traci simpson) #8144

Keto pizza

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8145

Very risky when you buy your meat already ground. If you’re doing it yourself, grinding or mincing right before eating raw better, but that’s totally different from buying a chub or tray of ground beef. :warning:

Sorry about the kind of gross post here but I think it’s important to at the very least know what kind of risk we’re taking with ground beef. I like a bloody rare burger as much as anyone but sousvide may be the way to go for that with the commercially produced meats we consume in the modern world. Superbugs are no fun, I have been through two of those infections and they go on for months or years. :skull:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #8146

Look for an Asian market, you’ll find chicken hearts.
I love them and gizzards.

Greek salad

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8148

Pizza Experiment

So I was shopping a few days ago and picked up a 6.5 lb. block of Finlandia Muenster Cheese for $8.99. I wasn’t sure what the heck I was going to do with that much Muenster Cheese when I bought it. I was thinking how all the cheese based doughs are mozzarella and or cream cheese and wondered if other cheeses would work. So, Muenster Cheese crust with Canadian Bacon slices and Aged Gouda on top. It came out really good. The edges crunch like pork rinds. I almost put mustard instead of pizza sauce, I may try that next time. :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Diane) #8149

If you make the fathead dough recipes using a food processor, putting all the ingredients in without melting the cheese and cream cheese together first (also, I don’t use an egg in my pizza dough), I’ve been able to use a variety of cheeses. I’ve used a Mexican blend, Italian blend, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, or replaced some of the mozzarella with feta or finely shredded parmesan or Romano. They’ve all worked out well.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #8150

Rotisserie chicken, and a salad of pepperoni and romaine, dressed with salt, pepper and olive oil.
#lazyketo

I don’t know what inspired this dinner other than I didn’t sleep very well last night and this is what I scrounged up

Made Chicken Parmesan tonight using Pork Rind crust for the first time, wasn’t bad at all. … Had a Salad, Chicken Parmesan, Deviled Eggs and some Pepperoni.

(Wendy) #8153

Looked like my dinner. Though I made a little snap peas tonight. Probably a little carby but I enjoyed it.