What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Decided to eat a mid-day meal. Not sure, but probably be today’s OMAD… Bacon, Eggs, Fried Onions, ground Sausage, cut-up Hotdogs & Bacon wrapped Jalapeno peppers. (Gave some hotdogs to Pups.)

Baby organic spinach with locally sourced strawberries, smoked almonds and feta cheese. Dressing is balsamic vinegar and olive oil, with toasted sesame seeds, smoked paprika, onion, and Worcestershire sauce.

I understand, sometimes I open a bag and the smell is so strong it kind of grosses me out and I have to let them breathe like a fine wine before crunching in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please give your wife my many thanks…her genius cauliflower egg salad add in will definitely be one of my regular meals from now on, loved it :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8098

Sunday Breakfast

Sausages, Slab Bacon and under that pile of aged Gouda Cheese there’s a few Eggs.

Good to be back. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8099

Should have waited until near the end of cooking before adding the mushrooms, but still really good and easy!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8100

@beccs Ha! It’s like those mushrooms evaporated. The meat looks tasty though. I think I am getting an Instant Pot soon. I haven’t done any crockpot or pressure cooked food really. Just the old Dutch Oven. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #8101

Sorry I missed it did you make your own fat bread? It looks beautifully toasted. Is there a link to this recipe?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8102

Seriously, they vanished :joy:

You really should, they are amazing and worth every penny! I got instant pot brand because that’s the most common; but had I done more research beforehand I may have gotten the crockpot brand electric pressure cooker. Their cooking bowl is nonstick and instant pot’s is stainless steel. But still I love my instant pot!

(Ellen) #8103

Nah, I could cope with mushrooms like that (love them raw but cooked, just eww unless tiny)

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8104

Mushrooms are hit or miss for me. They are so easy to overcook and then they become squishy and gross :nauseated_face: it’s like you have to cook them for JUST the right amount of time - 1 second too long and it’s over :joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8105

@Keto6468 I made my own, fathead variation. I tried to add too much flour and psillium so the texture wasn’t as soft as I wanted. I ended up reheating them in a vegetable steamer :laughing:. But the flavor was good and when I get the recipe dialed in I will share it. The brown side was when I flipped them over from a sheet pan onto a pizza stone and left them a minute too long. :cowboy_hat_face:

Will do. :+1: Makes a nice replacement indeed.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8107

That’s the main reason I want an Instant Pot! No non stick surface deterioration into your food …:wink:

Might be time for an upgrade here, I noticed recently some black coating coming off our slow cooker bowl/insert…now I feel more inclined to purchase an instant pot :smirk:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8109

Fair point, I honestly never think about the non stick surface chipping away and getting into your food but I suppose I should :joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8110

@BeStill and having a pressure cooker, steamer, sour cream incubator, and all the other stuff they do would make for an amazing kitchen tool. I never wanted a crock pot because my kitchen is small and storage is a premium, but I’d find a place for keeping an Instant Pot. Costco has them pretty cheap, less than Amazon last time I checked. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Allie) #8111

Mushrooms cooked in butter cannot be over cooked :heart_eyes:

Picanha, chimmichurri, grilled asparagus and mushrooms

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8113

Butter fixes everything :pray:t4: