What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ernest) #8074

(Ernest) #8075

(Ernest) #8076

(Jane) #8077

It is for liquid measurements because it measures volume and not weight. I am an engineer so density calcs are in my DNA

(Troy) #8078

Brats
Sauerkraut
Pickles
Mustard w Horseradish
Not pictured—- 4 eggs that I fried up and ate prior.

(Carol) #8079

I haven’t made a treat in over 9 months but this looks really good to me. Is there a recipe you can share?

Dinner from tonight, kind-of a plate-fest, also about 6-7 hours ago. … Big Salad, Chicken Gizzards, Deviled Eggs (with scallions & Thousand Islands), Pickles, Olives, 3 Bacon wrapped Jalopena Peppers, Kale, Top Sirloin Steak and Mushrooms and even had some Chocolate and Halo Top Ice Cream.

(Allie) #8081

Eggs and avocado, usual fatty coffee and Bulgarian extra fatty yoghurt :heart:

('Jackie P') #8082

The French call this buerre noisette! Very nice :yum:

('Jackie P') #8083

Cor! What cut of meat is that?

(Alec) #8084

I think I’ve just invented a new keto food. Those of you paying attention will remember I started clotted cream. First pic below.

Unfortunately, I did not remember the recipe anywhere near close enough and I put the cream into a FAR too hot oven. Anyway, I then turned the hot oven down, but clearly nowhere near enough. So I ended up with steaming off all the water, and the thing just turned close to solid and a bit burnt.

But I never throw disasters away… who knows what I could make with whatever I have got. Anyway, I put the dish into the fridge and left it there for 24 hrs.

I have now just taken it out and scraped the cream out into a bowl, and it now looks like the 2nd pic below. Yes, it does look like pork crackling, but it really is cream!

I have tasted some, and while it is not your traditional clotted cream, it tastes a bit like cream, it has that nutty burnt taste going on. Not entirely sure how I am going to be able to use it, but it does taste ok…

So, any ideas how I use it? :joy::joy::joy:

('Jackie P') #8085

How about grinding it up and sprinkling on berries?

(Alec) #8086

Not sure grinding will work… it will just go mushy… it is not crispy, it is soft. Bit like butter…

('Jackie P') #8087

:thinking:

(Steve) #8088

Apple Smoked Pulled Pork
This is tangy North Carolina style BBQ with the vinegar mop and it’s very keto friendly.
Mix up the butt rub and sprinkle to cover the bone in pork butt completely. After it’s covered with the spices I like to wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight to meld the flavors, also so I can going on an early cook in the morning.
I used the Big Green Egg for this 10 hour cook at 260-270 degrees and pulled it at 200 degrees internal meat temperature (pulled pork stage). I like to use a water tray on the Big Green Egg or Primo ceramic smokers as the dripping tend to make a mess on the ceramic plate setter. Start mopping the pork butt when the bark starts to set up, mop right up to about an hour before it is finished. Use the sweeteners of your choice.
To serve:
Make your favorite buttered Keto bun
Place some Shredded pork and little bits of bark on the bun
Add keto creamy coleslaw
Sugar free BBQ sauce
Drizzle North Carolina finishing sauce over slaw and serve a little for dipping too.

North Carolina serving sauce

(Ernest) #8089

It’s beef short ribs “flanken cut”. Sometimes known as Korean cut

Ooooh thank you for the recipe!

I used this recipe as a base only I misread the amount of butter as 1/2 a cup instead of half a stick so I doubled the filling and I did almond butter instead of peanut butter because the almond butter I have is much lower in carbs (1 net carb a serving, 4 total). It worked out perfectly. I used the same amount of topping that the recipe called for so the proportion is a bit off but I still like it. I think if I had doubled the chocolate as well the almond butter part would have been overwhelmed. I also cut it into 24 pieces instead of 16.

I’ve been having trouble with hunger at night even after a big dinner so I’m hoping eating one of these with my meal will up the fat enough to stay full feeling until the next day. Been under a lot of life stress lately, plus I think the longer days and warmer weather send signals to my body that hard work season is upon me and I need to eat more to keep up. The result is I’m having more trouble with my OMAD or shortened eating window. Hoping the extra fat with a meal will help.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8092

Drank this for breakfast:

To hold me over for dinner:

(Jane) #8093

Garden bounty. So made some Olive Garden knock-off zuppa Toscana soup with radishes istead of potatoes. Oh, and some bacon in there with the Italian sausage.