What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Years ago I thought I was driving toward the Mojave Desert when leaving Bakersfield and ended up on the scariest mountain pass ever and eventually reached Santa Maria…that area was probably my favorite spot in the US, rolling green hills with dairy cows on one side of the road and awesome oceanscape on the other. I did not want to leave EVER :smirk:

(Ashley) #8055

I might have to Check this out! Salt and vinegar sounds awesome!

(traci simpson) #8056

I tried them and I love them!

Brace yourself if you try those lol, they are VERY zippy! To me, they tasted more like lemon and pepper which I didn’t entirely dislike, but it had a weird artificial taste to my tastebuds so 2 mo later still have half the bag left…

(Ashley) #8058

Consider myself prepared then lol! Thanks for the heads up. Since my pork clouds I found yesterday I have been on a pork rind mood!

I tried the pork crackl’ns by Macs recently, I was not prepared for what those actually were like texture wise lol, they have like a soft underside…I incorrectly imagined that they were just extra crunchy pork rinds :confused: I think I am a plain is better with pork rinds kind of gal…of course I do dip them in all sorts of things :wink:

(Ashley) #8060

I more of along the lines of, I don’t like them plain! I think plain ones have a very strong distinct flavor I just don’t like. But with herbs and spices and such I’m starting to really love having something to crunch on!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8061

@BeStill I took that road once, very beautiful. :cowboy_hat_face:

That is the one thing i miss, salt and vinegar chips…stupid europe, can’t get the rinds here :frowning:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8063

Bacon & Eggs w/ Garlic Cheese F_atbread

Sunny side up Eggs with a battle field casualty, sousvide slab Bacon and the last piece of flatbread.

:cowboy_hat_face:

The Wife has taken a liken to the Salt and Pepper Pork Rinds lately. :slight_smile:

Do you have a recipe? This looks incredible!

(Ellen) #8066

I agree, recipe please.

(Alec) #8067

It’s actually really simple as I can’t cope with complicated cooking.

1. Chop 4 rashers of streaky bacon, half an onion and 4 big mushrooms, and fry in some olive oil for 5 mins.
  2. Put 5 medium eggs into an oven bowl and add 500ml of cream, stir and break up the yolks.
  3. Add some shredded cheddar and shaved Parmesan and some salt and stir some more.
  4. Add in the cooked bacon, mushroom and onion mix, and stir some more.
  5. Cook for 40 mins in the oven at around 200c.
  6. Eat. Numnumnum…

I have in the past put in some sundried tomatoes, but I forgot to buy them yesterday. It tasted just as good (maybe better) without them.

(Ellen) #8068

Thanks, that’s now in recipe pile (plus thanks for using actual measurements rather than cups), sorry US people but a cup isn’t a standard unit of measurement.

I love one-dish meals! I will be trying it this week. Thanks!

(traci simpson) #8070

Two stuffed hamburger patties with lettuce and homemade slaw and on top salsa and guacamole

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8071

I agree Ellen, and it’s as much of a dilemma for us to figure out an accurate gram equivalent of a cup as it is for anyone, since it’s inaccurate. Lots of people have recipes from family in cups. Cups are good for liquid measure, but not chopped random shaped stuff or flours. I wish the US would convert to metric too.

Made bbq chicken thighs with my homemade sauce from last week, broccoli salad that’s half cheese and bacon, a pile of salt delivery devices, and a homemade keto almond butter bar

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8073

Smokey Cajun Spare Ribs

More than I can eat!

Homemade Fermented Foods Sampler

Clockwise: Garlic Dill Chips, Kimchi, Indian Currykraut, Experimental Thai Citrus “Kimchi”, Fennel Seed Sauerkraut, Hot & Sweet Pickled Peppers in the center. :man_cook:t3: