What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Chicken crisped in coconut oil, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper - made small batch yesterday and dipped in avocado oil mayo, it was a nice change up :yum:

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #8015

This works really well - I made a gravy of sorts once by mixing xanthan gum into olive oil, and then adding to bone broth :blush:

My OMAD earlier from work, before heading home earlyā€¦ Scrambled Eggs with Pepperoni and Cheese, Sausage Links, Taco flavored Sausage, Spam, Country Bologna, Tuna Fish Salad and more Pepperoni. Plus Pickles and Olives. (Saved half the Spam and some Bologna for the Pups when I got home)

Thanks, will have to try this method as well. :slight_smile: Nice to have options on its usage.

Good to hear. :+1:

If you go to www.genaw.com/locarb/ , the pizza crust she has on there uses no nut flour. Its grated mozzarella &cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and egg. That stuff is fantastic! Hubby and kids couldnā€™t tell the difference. Lower carb than the Fathead dough.

The actual Fathead dough recipe I was working with the pancakes from was featured on HiFaloutinā€™locarb on youtube. He tested three recipes, and one of them could use either coconut flour or almond flour. I happened to mix them just to see what the texture would be like. The coconut flour version, as I recall, had a lower carb count than the almond flour version. The coconut flour version, when complete, seems a bit more dry. So, I mixed them.

Any of the versions are fabulous for pizza crust.

(traci simpson) #8019

can we assume you brown the crust before adding toppings?

(Little Miss Scare-All) #8020

Yes, maā€™am! Exactly right.

(traci simpson) #8021

DINNER!
:heart_eyes::sunglasses::two_hearts:

(traci simpson) #8022

MY HERO!
I had a fairly large lunch today and I was so full I had to go for a walk. Now, (almost 3 hours) later, Iā€™m feeling hungry again!!! How is that possible? am I just thirsty or what? Iā€™ve been drinking water - and I can drink a lot of water - Iā€™m so confused and still getting used to eating so much food.

Yeah, that happens to me at times too (He says as heā€™s drinking even more water!) meaning I get more thirsty. :smile: I donā€™t get re-hungry soon after, so canā€™t speak on that much. ā€¦ I do think there was a lot there today, and the wife even mentioned this too, but I wasnā€™t overly full when I was done, and I did save some for the Pups. :slight_smile: ā€¦ As far as feeling hungry though, it could indeed just be thirst, especially if some of the meal was more on the salty side. Just a guess though.

(traci simpson) #8024

I had to laugh out loud last night for dinner because I had to big chees stuffed burgers with a piece of bacon on each and a slice of cheese on top and a smoked sausage. I didnā€™t think I would finish but I did and I wasnā€™t as full as I thought Iā€™d be! lolololā€¦ so crazy.

(Karen) #8025

Lunch out with my husbands retirement group, at the local Chinese restaurant

Last nights dinner, carbonara(duck yolks, double cream,garlic, Parmesan & grana padano cheeses, parsley & rosemary smothered over konjac noodles) with beef & pork meatballs

Tonights, 1/2 a roasted chicken (I get all the good dark meat cause dh is weird and only wants the borring breast meat.) mozzerella, tomato, kalamata olives, grilled sweet pepper & basil salad drizzled in olive oil and just a touch of balsamic.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8028

My brother surprised me with grilled salmon, shrimp and asparagus tonight. I really needed some home cooked food. Very thankful, indeed!

(Jennifer) #8029

Went to a hole in the wall diner, and had a grilled pork chop and over easy eggs. Subbed tomatoes for the hashbrowns, and yum!!!

('Jackie P') #8030

How nice to have a lovely brother to cook just the right thing for you!
Some people have relatives who would cook them cake! I used to think love meant baking cake! :birthday::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Made pork chops for the very first time in my life! I havenā€™t had them since I was a kid when my mom made them with shake nā€™ bake. I made them with butter and Parmesan cheese.

('Jackie P') #8032

Cor they look good! I have began cooking pork chops - I always used to cook them too dry! But I am getting better.
I buy them with the thickest fat and cut it off to cook separately for crackling . Then cook an oiled and seasoned chop in the rendered fat and finish with butter!
If I eat alone I drink the rendered pork fat/butter and juices!
What wonderful madness is the new reality!

(Alec) #8033

Cafe brekky after parkrunā€¦ eggs bennie with bacon (no bread), electrolytes (a must after a run!) and coffeeā€¦ donā€™t care whether coffee is good or bad for ketosis, canā€™t do without coffee (with cream of course!). :joy: