What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(I'm that bad type, make your mama sad type) #8004

Heck yeah! And even on an ugly egg day, yours are better than mine. :rofl::rofl:

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8005

So fathead without the nut flour? This is actually the first I’m hearing of it… But seems like it would work and be fewer carbs.

(I'm that bad type, make your mama sad type) #8006

Ya know, I’ve never made fathead. It’s a recipe I found on Pinterest. It’s fewer carbs because there’s no flour, but I will say, if you don’t cook the heck out of it, it can sometimes be a bit…omlettey?

But how I make it is:

1.5 cups shredded mozzarella, low moisture if possible.
1/4 cup Parm Reggiano cheese, shredded, grated, doesn’t matter
1 Maud-sized egg (@Shortstuff)
Optional: Italian Seasoning mix - I leave it out, just because.

Mix all of the above. Plop mixture on a sheet pan that’s already lined with parchment (not wax) paper. Form into any shape you want–get creative, or just make a circle-ish.

Bake by itself @ 400F for 15 min.

Take it out of the oven, and put your pizza toppings on, whatever you choose. Put back in the oven until the cheese is melty and colored however you prefer.

(Allie) #8007

84g today (with the shell) :open_mouth:

(I'm that bad type, make your mama sad type) #8008

w0wz3rz!!! Can I see the girls over in What did you take a pic of on your walk Ft CHUNK ???

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8009

thanks! I’ll have to try this.

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #8010

Yowza!

(Allie) #8011

There are some pics I’m sure, but nothing recent so I will make sure to add some for you :heart:

(Full Metal Keto) #8012

This hen never lived near a nuclear power plant did it? :radioactive: XXXL :egg::laughing:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8013

Two eggs baked in lamb mince and crispy kale!! So yummy!

Chicken crisped in coconut oil, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper - made small batch yesterday and dipped in avocado oil mayo, it was a nice change up :yum:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8015

This works really well - I made a gravy of sorts once by mixing xanthan gum into olive oil, and then adding to bone broth :blush:

My OMAD earlier from work, before heading home early… Scrambled Eggs with Pepperoni and Cheese, Sausage Links, Taco flavored Sausage, Spam, Country Bologna, Tuna Fish Salad and more Pepperoni. Plus Pickles and Olives. (Saved half the Spam and some Bologna for the Pups when I got home)

Thanks, will have to try this method as well. :slight_smile: Nice to have options on its usage.

Good to hear. :+1:

If you go to www.genaw.com/locarb/ , the pizza crust she has on there uses no nut flour. Its grated mozzarella &cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and egg. That stuff is fantastic! Hubby and kids couldn’t tell the difference. Lower carb than the Fathead dough.

The actual Fathead dough recipe I was working with the pancakes from was featured on HiFaloutin’locarb on youtube. He tested three recipes, and one of them could use either coconut flour or almond flour. I happened to mix them just to see what the texture would be like. The coconut flour version, as I recall, had a lower carb count than the almond flour version. The coconut flour version, when complete, seems a bit more dry. So, I mixed them.

Any of the versions are fabulous for pizza crust.

(traci simpson) #8019

can we assume you brown the crust before adding toppings?

(I'm that bad type, make your mama sad type) #8020

Yes, ma’am! Exactly right.

(traci simpson) #8021

DINNER!
:heart_eyes::sunglasses::two_hearts:

(traci simpson) #8022

MY HERO!
I had a fairly large lunch today and I was so full I had to go for a walk. Now, (almost 3 hours) later, I’m feeling hungry again!!! How is that possible? am I just thirsty or what? I’ve been drinking water - and I can drink a lot of water - I’m so confused and still getting used to eating so much food.

Yeah, that happens to me at times too (He says as he’s drinking even more water!) meaning I get more thirsty. :smile: I don’t get re-hungry soon after, so can’t speak on that much. … I do think there was a lot there today, and the wife even mentioned this too, but I wasn’t overly full when I was done, and I did save some for the Pups. :slight_smile: … As far as feeling hungry though, it could indeed just be thirst, especially if some of the meal was more on the salty side. Just a guess though.