What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ellen) #7954

How’s it going? Don’t want to think about it but microwaved steak would not be great.

Only been three days, but it does open up the afternoons a bit. :slight_smile: But no, reheating via Microwave ruins a lot of stuff in my opinion. Today, the Shrimp got quite dried out, and no, I’ve already decided I will not be putting steak in there! Figured I will simply keep that for the home meals, even if I have to wait for the weekend, or simply have a two meal day! … Damned if I will be ruining any steaks that way! :smile:

(Ellen) #7956

My mind is now at rest knowing you won’t be microwaving a steak shudder.

This Cauli-egg salad…does it have raw cauliflower? I’m delightfully intrigued :grin:

No, my Wife cooks it so it softens up some like potatoes would. (Boil or Steam) … But it works quite well as a replacement, we’ve been using it as a potato replacement for a while now and it’s great. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7959

Great anti-inflammatory spice combo. :clap:t2:

:cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #7960

I take a supplement of this.

I’m going to have to give this a try :grinning:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7962

Salmon and shrimp can be microwaved raw, put a tablespoon of water with the salmon and cover, microwave about two minutes. It will be steamed and delicate instead of over cooked/dry. Shrimp should take about the same time raw. Did the scallops turn into rubber like hockey pucks? Not the best food to microwave! You could eat any of those cold on a salad. Even steak… :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #7963

Patty melt…

burgerdilla%202
burgerdilla%20

('Jackie P') #7964

Omg that looks amazing!

Yeah, never was a big Microwave fan, but no, the Scallops didn’t do too bad. But I actually took those out just warmed. But the Shrimp took the biggest hit. :slight_smile: … Still edible, but not as good. Thanks for the tips, but to be honest, I might just save Seafood for home meals. They are so much better fresh. :+1:

Rather late response (I was on vacation for a few days), but I’ve used jicama for hash browns and it’s fabulous in that. I imagine it would make great fries, too. It’s somewhat sweet when you eat it raw, so I never would have thought it would make a great potato replacement, but it loses it’s sweetness when cooked.

(Ernest) #7967

I don’t think you want to microwave raw salmon at work. Imagine the “aroma” that will linger around

(traci simpson) #7968

Meat meat and more meat.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7969

There it is!!!

@Ernest you need to throw a griddle party and invite us all. That’s such a cool thing to have.

(traci simpson) #7970

What is that! It looks amazing!

Just me for dinner tonight so I had a little bit of everything. Tuna salad, veggies and dip, some awesome thick cut bacon, olives, and eggs. A nice picky bit platter to nosh on while I watch ancient history documentaries on YouTube because that’s the kind of mischief I engage in when I have a night alone :laughing:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #7972

I don’t eat out often but once a quarter I get Szechuan Chili Salmon Hot Pot extra hot. Oh gosh, it was hot. I said no sugar, no msg, no starch no carbs. We are keto. She was “yes, keto, got it.” So much salmon I’m getting two meals out of it. We know the owner and they make each dish, including sauces, fresh each time.

That looks absolutely amazing