What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I didn’t feel like thawing anything to cook tonight so I stopped at the store and filet mignon was stupid cheap so I made us 2 a piece. Yes, I ate it all.

Nice! … :+1:

Don’t blame ya one bit! :yum: Steak and Mushrooms are one of my overall favorites. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7936

Ribs & Kraut

Cajun Spiced Ribs and Dill Pickle Sauerkraut.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(MooBoom) #7937

The simple things are sometimes the most delicious: Smoked ham, cherry tomato, cheese and onion 3 egg (whipped with cream) omelette.
Cooked in olive oil.

(MooBoom) #7938

Your zoodles look amazing! How do you do them?

(Jane) #7939

Shrimp stuffed with jalapeños and cheese and wrapped in bacon.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7940

Ughhhh that looks amazing @Janie

(Jane) #7941

I really miss the restaurants in Houston! This was at Pappasito’s and expensive but so yummy. There was drawn butter on the side to dip the shrimp in. My company paid for mine and I treated my son and family.

Was fun talking dinosaurs with my grandsons. They are ages 4 and 7 and they played a game with me to name a dinosaur I didn’t know. They named several I hadn’t heard of! And some I had but I told them I hadn’t because well… that’s what Grandma’s do. :wink:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7942

Cream in my coffee this morning - I tried to fast til lunch yesterday…not sure if that contributed to my awful day. I didn’t necessarily ‘feel’ hungry, more like I needed to feed my brain…does anyone else get this feeling?

(Jody) #7943

I love cream in my coffee, but I noticed it’s easier to fast when I don’t have it.

(Jody) #7944

Carnivore Day 3

[“White Meat”] 1/4 of duck, 1.5 each of my 2 sausages, 4 eggs. Nice way to refuel after mowing the yard.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7945

Lunch today was cured chicken (sounds gross but omg so good!), olives, bacon, mayo, a bit of soured cream and fancy bologna :muscle::muscle:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7946

The “white meat” on a duck is darker than the “dark meat” on a chicken. Duck breast is awesome. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7947

Not to me, was it brined? Something already cured when you bought it? I’ve never seen that in America. Sometimes people brine chicken before it’s cooked to improve flavor and texture. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7948

Put it this way, when it comes out of the can it doesn’t really look like chicken! It smells a bit like dog food, but the ingredients are so minimal, it’s got curing salt, gelling agent and a few others, it’s covered in gelatine and it’s so salty and delicious!!

(Ellen) #7949

After a very physical morning at work, I kept it simple.

Beef with butter & salt, plenty left for dinner & lunch tomorrow (hoping this pic doesn’t squick out @dlc96_darren, as he can be quite sensitive :grin:)

Pile of fried eggs covered in turmeric & black pepper with a side of olives and artichoke hearts.

I managed it okay. Thanks for the concern. :slight_smile:

Today’s lineup includes… Shrimp, a nice piece of Salmon, Cauli-Egg Salad, Cottage Cheese, Scallops, Pickles and Olives, Pepperoni and Iced Tea. (Plus melted butter) (Ate half the Pepperoni, and only half the Pickles and Olives) Almost forgot the Wife said she put enough in there for 2 days. :flushed: … My third mid-day OMAD, simply trying out an earlier meal time.

IMG_0095

Photo taken prior to re-heating. Which I’m not real crazy about, as far as eating my OMAD meal from work, opposed to from home after work. - Probably biggest issue with this method so far. Manageable, but surely not a preference, since I would much rather eat foods just cooked and not Microwaved later.

(Ellen) #7953

Good, didn’t want a repeat of the sausage disaster.