What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ashley) #7854

Do you like the coconut fat head bagels? Planning on making small pizzas with coconut flour and wonder how coconut the taste is?

(JJ) #7855

Happy birthday!!!
Looks delish. I rarely drink these days either, but a lovely red on your birthday simply has to happen. Just perfect!

(Diane) #7856

And, strangely, a little bit like a saguaro cactus.

(Diane) #7857

I donā€™t taste it in the bagels. I think the amount of cheese disguises it. You could also add a bit of onion or garlic powder or Italian seasoning to the dough.

(Ashley) #7858

I donā€™t like the almond flour ones so going to give the coconut a try!

Microwaved Pecan Pie Tartlets

Ingredients:

ā€¢ 2 large eggs
ā€¢ 2 tbsp melted butter
ā€¢ Liquid sweetener equal to 1/3 cup sugar
ā€¢ 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
ā€¢ 1 tsp vanilla extract

ā€¢ 1/3 cup granulated brown sugar substitute
ā€¢ 1 cup chopped pecans
ā€¢ pinch of salt

Instructions:

1. Blend together all wet ingredients
  2. Stir together all dry ingredients
  3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
  4. Divide batter over 4 to 6 silicone molds. I used: https://amzn.com/B00OPXKYPO
  5. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes

The taste was wonderful, but I wasnā€™t thrilled with the texture. The bottom was a bit like a jelly. Next time I do this, Iā€™ll add some coconut flour to try and firm it up a bit.

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7860

I ate it all! :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil: fancy bologna will be making an appearance again soon I promise! :kissing_heart:

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7861

Ahh the joys of being a fat burnerā€¦No one wants to share your chocolate! :laughing:

('Jackie P') #7862

:astonished::worried::upside_down_face::joy:

('Jackie P') #7863

Haha! I see you are a 100% girl. I am still a 85% and occasional 90% wimp!
I find the 100% too harsh but melted into an almond milk and cream mix with a little erythritol and a splash of brandy (optional) it works a treat!

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7864

Oooh I bet that tastes nice!
I love the 100% stuff, even 90% seems to sweet for me nowā€¦I remember being given a sample of 100% in Hotel Chocolat a couple of years ago and being absolutely horrified by it! I never would have imagined two years later I would be going in that same shop and getting that same chocolate! :laughing:

('Jackie P') #7865

Wow wouldnā€™t mind giving the Hotel Chocolat a go! Have only tried the Montezuma so far!
But I had a little 70% the other day thinking it would be a treat, and it was far too sweet!

(Alec) #7866

My rather poor first attempt at keto biscuits. My own recipe, they tasted okish, but I wouldnā€™t do them againā€¦ too much butter :scream::scream:ā€¦ I need a good keto cookie recipe!

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7867

Willieā€™s Cacao is another nice one. Thereā€™s still a few for me to try from Hotel Chocolat. Apparently Godiva does one too but I have yet to find that one in the shops!

(Jody) #7868

Giving FULL carnivore a second go (NOTHING to do with Thomas DeLauer)

OMAD was the other half of Saturdays Ribeye, 2 fresh sausage links cooked on the grill (2 different kinds ā€¦ 6 ingredients or less and all pronounceable), 4 eggs w/ crumbled bacon (cooked in the bacon grease).

Nice :+1:

(Jody) #7870

Thanks. I am going to miss the SmartCakes / Nui cookies after dinner ā€¦ but that is one thing I was looking to break away from. They are keto and all, but I donā€™t want / need to get in the habit of eating ā€œdessertā€ every night.

I am doing this in hopes of seeing mood / energy / sleep improvements (probably in that order). lol

That looks like my cooking, Alec! :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7872

No, yours would be a blank plate, homie.

Throwing in another lunch today, since someone was so nice to put it together for me this morning. :kissing_heart: Hard Salami, with hidden Cheese underneath, Ham, Boiled Eggs, Pepperoni, Pickles, Olives, 2 cans of Potted Meat and Pork Rinds and a Blueberry Bai. :yum:

IMG_0071