What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ernest) #7773

I bet you’ll use it more than the grill. It’s just way too versatile. It’s like one pot cooking 24/7. Imagine cooking eggs, bacon, steak and sides all at the same time and different temperature BUT using one pot…

(Ernest) #7774

Shrimp…

Yeah, I like Rotisserie Chicken and find it makes for an easy, tasty lunch. Especially since I don’t like going to fast-food places. Didn’t before Keto either. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I added a little extra today indeed. :slight_smile: Goes well with Eggs.

I bet I will indeed. And yep, making Eggs, Bacon, Steak, etc. would definitely be on the menu. :+1:

Dinner… Deviled Eggs, Olives, Pickles and Pepperoni. Then Sous Vide Top Sirloin, some BBQ Country Ribs from last night and some Broccoli.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7776

Greek Meatballs with Broccolini and Indian Currykraut

Lamb Meatballs with a little Pizza Sauce Glaze topped with Parm and Cilantro. Lemon Butter Broccolini. Homemade Currykraut.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Made bbq country ribs with homemade keto bbq sauce. Not bad. The sauce tastes a little like baked beans. Keto coleslaw on the side. Pretty good except I should have shortened the cooking time a bit. I’ll know for next time

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7778

Falling off the bone is what you want with ribs, unless they got dry on you. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #7779

Chicken, zucchini noodle Alfredo with basil, mushrooms, tomatoes

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7780

Loooove Lindt. The 85% is totally good and a great chocolate fix for an addict such as myself.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7781

@dokit Those look chocolatey and goooooood.

@dlc96_darren Diggin’ your meats. The sausages look…painful.

Still tasty! :yum:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7783

I cooked lamb for the first time today. I fried it with a little onion, salt and pepper. The meat was good! But I think I’ll try rendering the fat next time. It wasn’t bad, but too big of globs for me. I’m still a recovering vegetarian.

I decided to document my matcha making this morning. Traditionally it is made in a smallish bowl with a tiny scoop (1/4-1/2 a teaspoon) and then whisked with a bamboo whisk. Think Karate kid 2 when they go to Okinawa and the scene where they drink tea. Anyway, I digress…

I make it with a keurig and a battery powdered frother. I start with a heaping spoonful from a bamboo spoon I got from a matcha kit a long while ago. I broke the matcha bowl that came with it the second time I used it :persevere:, now I use a standard coffee cup. I fill it 3/4 of the way up with hot water from my keurig. I have one of the older types with three choices and I use the largest size cup option. Then I whisk it up with my frother. I like to add a drop or two of vanilla or almond extract and some HWC (I like coconut milk too, almond milk is sort of blah in it but coconut milk goes really well). I whisk it up again. Sometimes I try to get it foamy like a Starbucks, but this morning I just want to drink it asap. Then I put an ice cube in so that I can drink it faster, lol. I drink it with a spoon to stir it up every so often as the matcha tends to settle after a bit and a mouthful of matcha powder is unpleasant in the morning.

I have that same problem with fat on meats, if it’s too globby I have to spit it out right away as I’m still having texture issues with some meat as a former vegetarian as well. I was pondering this the other night because I have developed an addiction to bacon, which is just flat globs of salty fat, and I love how it melts in your mouth. However, if I get a big gelatinous bite of steak I have to get it away from my mouth with great haste.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7786

Bacon is the gateway meat, and I don’t understand why any more than you do, for the same reasons.

I used to be the one that cut every bit of fat off my steak before I could eat it. Now I get disappointed if Lisa gives me the steak with less fat on it. I think part of the appeal now, is knowing how good it is for my body.

So when I have a cut with an extreme amount of fat, I’m careful to cut a bit of fat off and a equal portion of meat, to eat them together. I can pretty much swallow the fat whole and continue to chew on the meat.

But that lamb cut looks pretty challenging for an equal fat to muscle ratio. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #7788

I just had this big ol’ plate of cheesy mashed cauliflower :joy:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7789

Yeah, I got part of the fat down that way, but It was beyond me to eat it all. And I know I missed some meat in the process. :persevere:

I do remember though that when I was a kid, lamb was one of my favorite meats (ewe, that sounds gruesome) so I think it will be worth the effort to learn to cook it.

('Jackie P') #7790

I love crispy lamb fat, but you are right it has to be rendered well. Sometimes if I want my lamb a little rare I will cut it off with scissors and cook it separately. Otherwise I will get some fatty lamb cutlets and cook them slowly in the oven on a bed of onions (worth the carbs!) Until they are crispy. Breast of lamb works well like this too.
Lamb is my absolute favourite!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7791

thanks for the tips!

('Jackie P') #7792

:blush: