What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Double triple likes!!! I have only two fish weaknesses, #1 is Sword Fish…my mom used to grill it when we were kids…sooo good! #2 wild caught Alaskan Salmon :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Broccoli florets with a slab of butter. A huge avocado, some strawberries and buttered mushrooms. Yum.

(Diane) #7695

Do you have a recipe to share?

Used this https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1075205/low-carb-gooey-skillet-brownie-for-two/

and dolloped some small bits of peanutbutter around into the pan after pouring in the batter, then added a handful of walnuts and some extra dark chocolate bits smashed up over the top.

Topped with whipped double cream.

Obviously thats going to affect the stated carb count so keep in mind.

Forgot to post my dinner from last night… Salad, Pickles, Olives and Celery. London Broil with Onions and Mushrooms, and some Broccoli.

(Jane) #7698

Salad - lettuce and radishes from my garden. I can’t wait until I have my own tomatoes! They are putting out flowers but none set yet - too cool at night but they are growing nicely.

Chicken and bacon with mushroom Alfredo sauce my husband fixed for me. Yum.

Tonights meal… Boneless Pork Ribs, Brussel Sprouts and Chicken Breast, along with Deviled Eggs, Cheese, Olives and Pickles.

(Khara) #7700

Oh. I see you have Bai. We just finally ripped open like 200 Monopoly game tickets that we’ve gotten from Safeway over the last couple months. They have coupons inside. 95% of which are carb crap. So, it’s kind of like hitting the lottery when we get one we can actually use. Anyway, we got a bunch of Bai ones but I threw them out cause it sounded like a fruit juice or soda. You like though??

(Jane) #7701

Yeah, I still own my house in Friendswood (between Houston and Galveston) and my son and family rent it from me. It survived 54” of rain during Harvey w/o flooding so they are ok. Main thing is the cars - not getting stuck in high water or flooding your car out.

Yeah, but TBH, I only like the plain Coconut ones really. Just happened to try this one out today. … I usually just drink water most times these days, but recently I re-started drinking a lot of Iced Tea, which I really enjoy, but I can tend to overdo-it at times and will drink too much really. … So I still like a Bai here and there, (since I don’t drink anything else) but don’t want to have them regularly though. … My son also likes Core drinks. I still have a bottle, so I’ll post the info if you’re interested. But neither are bad, but again, I wouldn’t want to drink them regularly. But I’ve been under the weather the past few weeks too, and sometimes the flavor is nice. (Though I also don’t drink them unless with a meal)

Mom still in town but is visiting with friends again tonight so I cooked up steaks and only steaks for dinner because my brain has snapped and it’s all I want to eat now. Earlier today I ate bacon and only bacon. So weird for me, lol. Getting much better at steak making. These are just $8 a pack steaks I got at Target and all I seasoned them with is salt and put a pat of butter on top and they are the best I have cooked so far.
I like a nice crispy sear and I’m starting to think they should make the smell of a good steak sear into a perfume

(Karen) #7704

Another meal from Mealime
Chicken korma with cilantro cauliflower rice. Thickened with a bit of Xantham gum, but I don’t really love the mouth feel of Xantham gum.

(Ashley) #7705

Your dog is so hopeful!

I may have saved several bites for her and her sibling :shushing_face:

I’ve been adding it to baked goods but I haven’t tried a sauce with it yet because it thickens sooooo fast. I tried to add some to some chicken soup recently and it clumped into a blob even though I tried premixing it with water first. That you were able to blend it so well into the sauce is amazing to me, lol

Tried it in some Chicken soup (just thrown together) recently, and it actually made it like almost jellied? and couldn’t get it to smooth too well. Didn’t think I added much, but maybe it was still too much?

(Khara) #7709

Great. Thanks for the info!

(Jane) #7710

In return for the delicious bacon/chicken/mushroom/Alfredo dinner my husband cooked, I made him a vanilla mug cake topped with homemade clotted cream, blueberries and strawberries I picked this evening from the garden.

In addition to cinnamon I add a pinch of cardamom and grate some nutmeg. I also sprinkled a bit of erithrytol over the fruit. He loves these keto desserts!

Btw, pre-keto chicken Alfredo over pasta was one of his go-to meals. He winked at me and said he “keto-fied” it. No pasta, extra butter, bacon. So much better than the old way! I don’t miss the pasta at all. I did early on because we made it a lot since quick and easy dinner but now I don’t.

I ended up with gelatinous globs that I was thankfully able to strain out. I guess it’s super effective and I need to learn more about it :grimacing:

You and me both, @Acnickel. :slight_smile: … But I purchased it a while back but just never fooled with it much. But I do plan to try working with it more to see if I can get a handle on it.