What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7673

Not at all. :joy: It doesn’t taste any different than a regular old chicken egg. It’s just cuter because it’s tiny. I would imagine, unless you’re doing a professional plating and need the egg small for dish balance, there’s no real reason to eat them.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7674

I figure the Chinese way of cooking them you at least have the advantage of cooking a lot of them together. Then just snack on them.

But there is also merit in cute tiny things
 once.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7675

Precisely. And once was all I needed. I didn’t buy them again.

Ate something for lunch again today, mostly because I’m still dealing with some head congestion and still getting that infectious taste from it. 
 Didn’t feel like leaving the office so just did some Sardines, 2 cans Potted Meat, Pork Rinds, Olives and a Watermelon Bai Drink.

IMG_0017

(Steaks b4 cakes! đŸ„©đŸ„‚) #7677

Yeah I did wonder if that was the problem, I put a good amount in a small cup. Probably needed more water!

(Steaks b4 cakes! đŸ„©đŸ„‚) #7678

My fave! Mince, roasted kale and some garlic bread. I put loads of chilli flakes in the meat and my mouth is on fire now!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7679

Usually in Asian cuisines they are precooked and added whole to fancy dishes. You can get them in cans already cooked and peeled in Asian stores often.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7680

I made the same mistake, bitter. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ellen) #7681

Have you tried the 100 year eggs (think that’s what they’re called)?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7682

I have, they’re not disgusting as you might think. Often served in congee (rice porridge) for breakfast or fast meals.

Chicken, celery, and mixed olives diced up in avocado mayo.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7684

Andouille Sausage and Eggs with Hot and Sweet Pickled Peppers and Jack

I was only able to eat 1 link.

:cowboy_hat_face: :hot_pepper::egg::pig::cheese::hot_pepper:

(Ellen) #7685

Really? They don’t taste “off” or anything? Tbh am not a huge lover of eggs, but they just don’t sound/look like they’d be nice.

('Jackie P') #7686

I couldn’t believe it!

2 beautiful pork chops bone in
Thought I would brine them😊

Then season and pan fry! As there were 2 I decided on a carnivore OMAD😉
They are not chips honest😂. I cut off the rind to crisp it up!

Bloody lovely!
Of course I never ate the parsley, carnivore innitđŸ€Ł!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7687

They are very salty and eatin in little bits with the porridge. Not bitten into like a hard boiled egg. Oh, and they’re duck eggs. Cured with an alkaline and packed in straw. Kind of like a complex cheese like blue cheese compared to milk. It’s been a really long time since I tasted one but I didn’t think they were nasty tasting. Just another scary looking exotic Chinese thing like fermented tofu which is unappealing visually but similar to a blue cheese taste. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ellen) #7688

You had me at salty & blue cheese!

(traci simpson) #7689

I had a big ass salad with greens from my garden, beef rib tips, two eggs, bacon, little red peppers, few pieces of cucumber and cheese.

(traci simpson) #7690

That looks so amazing! I love eggs.

Swordfish steak with spicy ginger avocaldo salsa salad

Dirty Brownies (chocolate, walnuts and peanut butter)