What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Sue Kitchell) #7653

Yummy!

(Sue Kitchell) #7654

Looks yummy! What are Hallomi Fries?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7655

Is this a new high octane keto thing? :rofl:

Hallomi is a cheese from Cyprusā€¦ it dosent melt gooey when fried. Goes nice and golden toasty on the outside

(Allie) #7657

Amazing fried in butterā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Or duck fat :stuck_out_tongue:

(Allie) #7659

Iā€™ll stick with butterā€¦ :blush:

(carol mclintock) #7660

bit late to the conversation, but Aldi UK had some matcha on sale (not ceremonial) recently - itā€™s not too bad and really reasonable price. My OH has the ceremonial and, although expensive, it does last for ages.

Have a look for the Aldi one though - may be a good introduction without paying out a wedge

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7661

Lunch today is buttery scrambled eggs with bacon, some baked salami milano chips and olives!

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #7662

To be honest Iā€™m still easing myself into the whole matcha thing! I got a cute little kit from Teapigs for about Ā£25. Itā€™s not horrible, but doesnā€™t make me want more either! :rofl:

(Jody) #7663

Eggs cooked in Duck Fat (NO CHEESE ā€¦ just eggs), Slab of Pork Belly fresh off the grill.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7664

Next time maybe try using less tea or more water to give it less bite. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7665

All this time in China and I just had my first quail eggs. The shell was thin, but the membrane thick and rubbery. Flavor same as a chicken egg, unsurprisingly.

(traci simpson) #7666

I finished it and it was so good! lol. I should probably eat a meal this size as my first and not my last meal of the day. I had to make myself stay up until 10, which for me is late! lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7667

Did you boil them? Iā€™ve never cooked them but I bet it doesnā€™t take long. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7668

I didnā€™t prepare them. But I see them by the roadside in a big metal pan, covered by clay which is broken open to get to the eggs. Iā€™ll try to remember to snap a pic next time I see one. Iā€™d say roasted.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7669

I bought them not too long ago. I wanted to be cool like a TV chef, and crack them open with the back of a chefā€™s knife. I did, but the thing smashed into my hand for the first 3 tries. Then I finally got it to crack. #softlysoftlycatcheemonkey

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7670

What did you do with them?

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7671

I fried them up like a sunny-side egg.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7672

Worth the effort?