What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I found a sugar free bbq sauce and tried it on some chicken thighs since they are still on super sale at the grocery. Was hungry so I ate 2. BBQ sauce was good but I was super stingy with it and it needed some more.

Sautéed spinach and bacon too. So good.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7233

@Sharon_E @x-Dena-x Next time make mini pizza crusts and freeze a few, easier impulse control and prep for future quick meals. And I think smaller pizzas crisp up easier. :cowboy_hat_face:

Como se dice “calf brains” en espanol?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7235

Sesos is brains. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thank you. I may see if I can find these. Do you have recommendations for cooking them?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7237

@NinMD Wash, pick off any veins or connective stuff. I didn’t find much of anything. Cover with water in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. I added 1/4 of a lemon, squeezed and put the rind in. Add salt and simmer about 10 minutes. Drain and use as you wish. Some people also grind it and fry it. Lots of recipes from around the world for brain. India, SE Asia, Spain, Latin America etc.

I fried mine in bacon grease with golden brown onion, jalapeño, tomato, cilantro and garlic powder towards the end. S&P and squeeze some lemon over it.

(Jane) #7238

Got a batch of clotted cream in the oven overnight. It is heavenly delicious for those who can eat dairy and soooo easy to make. Just takes 2 days, so patience and planning ahead is needed.

Headed to Houston on Thursday for a doctor’s appointment (10-hr drive) and will be staying with my son, sweet DIL and 2 grandsons I adore overnight. I am going to pack some clotted cream in a cooler for them - I doubt if they’ve ever had it. Will be driving back home on Friday so 20 hours driving over 2 days. We will be whacked when we get home… but not as much (or recover quicker) as before keto! :smiley:

Is the texture similar to anything that I might be familiar with?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7240

Scrambled eggs or tofu. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7241

I have a toaster oven too. Mine has elements on the top and bottom so it does fine. If yours only has them on one side I’d flip the crust in the middle of cooking it. Maybe take it off the pan and use the rack once it is firm enough.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7242

I made them:

This exact same recipe can be made into buns too :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #7243

Well I hope he is ok? :pray:t4:

(traci simpson) #7244

O to the M to the G! whatever that is…it looks amazing!

(traci simpson) #7245

YUP! learned the hard way the first time I made it.

(Jody) #7246

I almost forgot the picture again. (I am not feeling 100% … lol)

Eggs w/ Bacon and Cheese, Sausage smothered in onions.

(traci simpson) #7247

You guys are making me hungry.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7248

I have a feeling I’m gonna be hungry before dinner tonight! This little lunch box hasn’t quite filled me up! :joy::see_no_evil::pig:

(traci simpson) #7249

So, I’m back to reality from my getaway weekend where I ate toast and cookies and toast. It was good but I’m glad to be back to my routine.

Made this for lunch this week.

(Wendy) #7250

Well he ended up getting a stent due to a type of chronic rejection. (He’s a heart transplant recipient.) Not what we wanted but it was the only option. Praying it doesn’t continue to happen. It’s very unpredictable and if it gets worse retransplant is the only option. Praying that’s not the way its heading. He’s 6 years and almost 6 months post transplant. He’s 29.

(traci simpson) #7251

Oh my goodness. I will keep him in my prayers. Poor baby.