What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ashley) #582

12 hour London broil Sous Vide (tougher cuts of steak but quite soft in Sous Vide) not my best Sous Vide attempt but the meat was super soft.

(Allie) #583

Iā€™ve just thrown a load of bits in the slow cooker and will see how it turns outā€¦

Lamb leg chunks
Lamb liver and hearts cut into chunks (the liver was gross I have to say)
Two cans chopped tomatoes
Sliced onions & peppers
A pint of lamb stock
Salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper

Oh I think Iā€™ll add in some garlic actuallyā€¦

My boyfriend has a habit of stealing whatever is in the slow cooker and he wonā€™t eat any sort of organ meats so Iā€™ll just leave it cooking and not tell him what it isā€¦ Iā€™ll be asleep when he gets in from work later :joy:

("Don't call it calories, call it food") #584

Lol!! Good plan.

ā€œMmmm! Allie! What was the delicious thing you were cooking in the slow cooker? I tried a bit and it was amazing. :drooling_face:ā€

ā€œSome lamb leg, tomatoes, onions, peppers, lamb stock, a bit of salt, some black pepper, a dash of paprika, and some cayenne pepperā€¦ oh, and some lamb liver and hearts!ā€

ā€œ:face_vomiting:ā€

:grin:

Officially stealing this! I love chicken thighs, as does my daughter, and it makes a quick and easy keto meal.

Iā€™ve been looking for a way to spruce them up and think Iā€™ve found it! Assuming they were delicious?

(Allie) #587

Thatā€™s the plan @Gaff :joy:

(matt ) #588

Just a sous vide ribeye seared in butter. Thatā€™s a dinner plate not a side plate. :blush:

(Allie) #589

As far as Iā€™m aware, sous vide isnā€™t even a thing here in the UK, well Iā€™m not aware of it anywhere other than these forumsā€¦ I do lead a rather sheltered life these days though (by intention) so it could just be that Iā€™ve missed it.

(bulkbiker) #590

Iā€™m here and Iā€™ve got oneā€¦ one of these in factā€¦

they have offers every so often if you want oneā€¦ amazon and directly Iā€™m guessing black friday will be the nextā€¦I think I paid about Ā£80 for mine.
Stick it on the side of a casserole and bobs your uncleā€¦

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #591

Yum! This sounds great!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #592

This just completely made me miss my Brummy Dadā€¦

Thank you.

(Ashley) #593

Funny enough I use my instant pot as a pot for my Sous Vide, itā€™s getting more use that way atm than my instant pot is lol!

(Running from stupidity) #594

They were, although I think they really needed to start off at 220C to really crisp up the skin. They got finished at 220 instead, and I donā€™t think it worked as well.

My wife didnā€™t like the macadamia nuts - ā€œthey taste oldā€ - so I have two in the fridge as leftovers for lunch. Errr, I mean ā€œbeing rested for 18 hours.ā€

If you mean making a Taco Bowl itself, no maā€™am, I havenā€™t. But I have indeed thought about it. ā€¦ I was thinking for a simple, quick bowl, you could simply use the Cheese Taco technique, albeit larger, but was actually thinking of making up something where it would be a combination of, say, the cheese taco and maybe something like the fathead pizza recipe for the dough, but rolling it out very thin and put it in a mold while backing. ā€¦ This way the shell should have some crunch, or snap to it, instead of just having a flexi-cheese feel to it so to speak. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #596

Twice-cooked stuffed chicken thigh served with forum-caused extra-crispy locally-sourced bacon, with a light dusting of Himalyan salt.

Oh, and tonightā€™s dinner before heading to bed. (Early night, since we have our Annual Snow Dry Run tomorrow, and I have to be up at 1:30am just to head and be there at 3AM.

Baked Chicken smothered in Creamy Mushrooms & Alfredo Sauce, Deviled Eggs with Bacon, Pickles, Olives and Bacon. Plus, a side bowl of Cauliflower swimming in butter. :slight_smile: ā€¦ Also, (not shown), the additional 6-7 more pieces of Bacon, since the wife & son didnā€™t finish theirs. Didnā€™t want to have to put it back in the container. :wink:

Lol. Fancy way of saying leftovers :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #599

How could you even THINK such a thing, letalone say it! #shocked #appalled

Evil genius!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #601

I made a keto friendly version of my chili, pulled some aside for me, then added beans for everyone else.
Hereā€™s mine with a 2 egg topper.