What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5745

@KBG I have had great use from a couple of porcelain enamel pans as well. Cast iron or aluminum. They don’t wear down and are safe. I have one that I use pretty much daily and it’s held up for about 5 years so far. It’s one of those 12” with straight sides and a clear lid with pot handles. It’s aluminum and heats and cools fast, great for faster bacon whatever. I even blacken meat indoors on it because it cools quickly and doesn’t choke out the air as much. Nothing sticks to it if you have some fat in it.

(Khara) #5746

I’ve never used those, in skillet form anyway. We do have a Lodge enameled Dutch Oven and it’s our go to pot for any large mixed dish - soups, stews, taco beef, etc. Good to know, thanks!

I love omelettes and jalapeños! I have many a tasty omelette- this one is from today. I did something different and left the bacon whole. I think it came out pretty! I also love coffee- here it’s iced with kiss my keto birthday cake mct creamer blended with almond milk! Yum!

(Ashley) #5748

Welcome to the forums! And that looks yummy! Great first post!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5749

@Steeni_O I don’t even like bacon but look at that nice spiral you got going lol

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5750

This was kind of like a pepperoni pizza omelette. Minus the tomato sauce. I’m gonna put that in next time! I’ve been trying to limit my cheese lately, but not today! :joy:

(less is more, more or less) #5751

True story. I had to work at a nearby DD as mechanics repaired my car. I asked the young lady behind the counter; “I’d like your Big n’ Toasted breakfast sandwich, hold the Texas Toast, please.” She paused, tilted her head, and looked at me as if I had grown a horn on my forehead that very instant. After a dramatic pause, she said; “I don’t think we can do that, sir.”

Turns out that the only way DD can cook the, ahem, meal, is to place it between two sheets of carbs. It wasn’t terrible, and cute little birdies got some Texas Toast.

In fairness, DD never said; “Have it your way.”

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5752

:open_mouth::neutral_face::confused::slightly_frowning_face::pleading_face::cry:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5753

After I ate this specific Applegate Uncured Thick Cut bacon, I got ill off of it and couldnt stomach bacon after that. I used to hate bacon, then I liked it, and now I’m back to picking it off stuff.

I know, I’d be drawn and quartered for saying that around these parts :rofl:

Double burger, lots of bacon and cheese. Daughter already finished hers. She’s able to eat them triple when hungry enough.

Edit: She ate the whole extra plate of bacon again…

Can you explain the fish balls

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5756

@x-Dena-x Let the games begin…:grin::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::yum::bacon::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

That is some Martha Stewart beautiful chicken

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5758

Ma Po Dofu with Paò Caí

I know many of you are thinking “Yuck, tofu is vegan garbage food that tastes like nothing.” This dish is like the Chili con Carne of China. My son loves it and it’s loaded with fat. :yum:

Ground pork, tofu, chili paste, Sichuan peppercorn powder, garlic, ginger, fermented black beans, scallions and sesame oil.

I had to go to Grocery Outlet for the ground pork and this German Lady was screaming my name as I walked by! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5759

Get a carbon steel wok with a single long handle. Season like cast iron but instantly on the stove. Less than $25.

Still dirty from cooking lunch! :grin:

(Khara) #5760

:+1:Maybe I’ll add this to the b-day gift. Thanks!

(Lauren) #5761

The husband cooked this last night. Somewhere under the bearnaisse sauce there are several strips of bacon and a burger. Tonight is a repeat…minus the asparagus.

Here’s the Wife’s mid-day meal. … I’m still Fasting, so she’s keeping me in the grove, having me post her plates. :smile: Large Chicken Breast with a side Salad.

(bulkbiker) #5763

Maybe they are a bit OTT for me… anything else you would recommend for the occasional user?

(Karen) #5764

Barbecue chicken, roast vegetables, sautéed cauliflower, kale and red cabbage salad, berries and heavy whipping cream for dessert

Used G. Hughes hickory sugar-free