What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

A certain someone in my house asked for pancakes. Let’s just try to make keto pancakes without eggs… After a lot of accidental (tasty) slime, I finally figured it out. Today became an unplanned high fiber day with wild bilberries. Next time… will be pancakes again tomorrow. But not again in a very long time. I had to work way too much to fix this. Chocolate muffins were so much easier.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5706

@Taka So what did you end up with as a recipe?

Here’s V’s plate tonight, while I’m Fasting presently. … Then had the nerve to ask if it would bother me to eat right next to me while I’m on here. :smile: I could feed it to her and it wouldn’t bother me. :smile:

Looks good though. … BBQ Ribs from the Rack last night and a Salad with Meat.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5708

Flounder with broccoli and cilantro seasoned with old bay, salt and lemon juice.

Ground psyllium, coconut flour, chickpea water (salty), baking soda, baking powder, cream, water, walnut oil, almond flour, erythritol, cardamom. I think I ended up with way too much psyllium, so I just added water and almond flour until it worked. I might have a real recipe next time I try to make this mess. The taste was great, even when all I got was cooked slime.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5710

@Taka What’s chickpea water? From cooking the beans?

I was searching around here for something along these lines. We have a big staff lunch tomorrow and it will be catered with sub sandwiches and all sorts of carb-heavy pasta salads. I debating eating before I go (which would be early and result in everyone else at the table asking why I was not eating) or just eating the inside of a sandwich. I was thinking I would just scrap the tuna out of a tuna sub and hope for a green salad and voila. Shrug I guess I am thinking today about what I will Keto tomorrow!

That chicken and broccoli looks delicious. What did you use as the sauce?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5713

@Kage Simple Brown Sauce for Stir Fry.

1. 1Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
  2. 1 rounded tsp. Allulose or Erythritol
  3. 1 Tbsp. Sake, Chinese Rice Wine, Chablis or Sherry (I like Shaoxing Chinese Rice Wine)
  4. About 1/8 tsp. of Xantham Gum (take pinches and whisk vigorously as you sprinkle it in so you don’t get lumps). If it’s too thick add a touch of water. It thickens up as it sits or when heated.

Start off with a teaspoon of chopped ginger and a scallion cut in 1” pieces white and green parts. I like to use a Tbsp. of coconut oil in the wok. The chicken was pre cooked with sousvide and diced after cooking. The broccoli was blanched in boiling salted water for about 45 seconds and cold rinsed to stop cooking. Stir fry spices for about a minute, add chicken, another minute add broccoli, after a minute add sauce mix and stir to coat. This was for one thigh and about 175 grams of broccoli. There shouldn’t be excess sauce. Add a few drops of sesame oil if you like, and a dusting with white pepper if you have it.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5714

Baked Salmon with
Broccoli and Mushrooms

Salmon baked with Moroccan Salt Preserved Lemon and sprinkled with Fresh Chopped Peppermint and Tunisian Baklouti Green Chili EVO :yum:. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #5715

That’s what I used for my tacos and quesadilla posted here recently

(Ernest) #5716

Oxtail…

(Christy) #5717

Please excuse our fancy ass hotdogs. We were super busy today. Also, we do have regular hotdog buns … Idk what his motive was.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5718

What are the macros for the tea lights?

It can be, but this time I cheated and took it from a carton (they don’t come in cans here).

@x-Dena-x Umm… I think it should be something like 0 net oils.

Drool Thank you!!

Totally bookmarked this. Thank you!

I’m thinking I’m going to make this with leftover pork tenderloin tonight since I way over did it in the meal prep this weekend (cooked twice as much meat as I needed too) and was just thinking I needed ideas on how to repurpose the leftovers :hushed:

(Jody) #5722

2 Patty burger [made with local grass fed / grass finished beef], with swiss and colby cheese, homemade Avocado oil mayo, AlternaSweets [Keto] Ketchup, on a Smart Baking Company Sesame Seed [keto] Bun, and a pack of smartbaking company cakes for desert (not pictured)

It was, unfortunately, too big to eat as pictured, so I had 2 open faced burgers :rofl:

(Diane) #5723

How did you like the Smart Baking Co. buns?

(Jody) #5724

They were good. Like most “keto breads” it is a little drier then SAD bread, but I think it is something we would keep around. I did butter them and put them on the grill to toast them so that was nice :wink:

Their cakes are AMAZING!