What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5685

No we cut way back on line juice. Just used the receipe as a guide. We did 4 lbs of chicken and maybe 1 cup of lime juice.

(Jody) #5686

I was really just [attempting to] being funny. Last Chuck I cooked, I did in the insta pot to help break down the tissues … other wise, it’s like chewing gum … it just keeps chewing and chewing and chewing. lol

This was dessert. Daughter took most it, I’m hardly getting anything…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5688

Keto Corned Beef Hash and Eggs

Made with diced daikon radish and some finely cut yellow onion. :man_cook:t3:. :cowboy_hat_face:

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

Last night’s dinner: Double Italian Sausage Soup. One of my favorite recipes out of Karen Barnaby’s Low Carb Gourmet cookbook. Hot and mild Italian sausage, plus bacon. And HWC. And spinach. Topped with parmesan (which you can’t see in this picture, because I didn’t add it until after).

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5691

Started with like 4 cups of romaine, 4 tbs of olive oil and spicy brown mustard:

Plate O’ Meat. Bone-in pork rib and chuck steaks as tough as my noggin, squirt of mustard for dippies:

Cant even finish the steak. Way too much chewing for my lazy mouth :laughing:

(Christy) #5692

:face_with_monocle: I’m all over this before it gets too warm outside… Will be subbing kale for the spinach, though.

Just remember that kale is a LOT more bitter than spinach and has a stronger flavor that may overwhelm the mild sausage. Even the “hot” sausage, isn’t super bold. You might want to use a smaller amount of kale that you would spinach.

Also, in my experience, it freezes reasonably well, so you can portion out into containers and take it for lunch or save for extra dinners.

(Christy) #5694

I love the bitter contrast with the sweet HWC. I’ll probably add extra fennel as well :+1:t3:

Mmm…a little fennel might be an interesting addition to that soup.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5696

Chuck steak is best turned into pot roast in a crockpot. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Christy) #5697

It will definitely bring out more of the sausage flavor :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5698

@christylaine @ZuleikaD

My favorite soup used to be a Portuguese linguisa and kale soup. It had some non keto ingredients but this conversation has inspired me to ketoize it. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5699

Youre tellin me…guh its so bad lol. Im not even a steak person outside Keto. Im eating it because its good for my purposes and Im not good at ideas.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5700

@x-Dena-x Just put it in a pot for a couple hours to simmer, it will fall apart. Great for tacos, chili or whatever you want. I like to cook a bunch of it or pork butt till it’s falling apart to use in other quick meals, like on a salad.

(Christy) #5701

I had to google this but, it is reminiscent of my favorite Italian soup, Toscana. I didn’t know there was such a similar Portuguese recipe. No potatoes or cannellinis of course but, I can almost taste it now :drooling_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5702

@christylaine I’m going to sub daikon for potatoes and some cauliflower rice too.

(Christy) #5703

::adds daikons to grocery list::

I should soak these for a while before adding them, right? I’d also like to try daikon fries.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5704

@christylaine I guess you could or par boil them for a few minutes before putting in the soup. The flavor changes when you cook them. The daikon from the thick end is more pungent than the thinner tip. But both mellow a lot when cooking. I posted corned beef hash this morning and I just pre fried them in bacon grease, no radish flavor at all.