What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5665

Never go while you’re hungry. :joy:

(Christy) #5666

Finally able to add some protein back in my diet.
Seared flank steak & my ever favorite, simple lettuce & tomato salad w/ oil & vinegar.

Can vouch for this. Consistently cheap.

Beef, shirataki noodles, and stuff

I don’t have a slow cooker, so I’ve just cooked a piece thay came half ready made. I don’t know if I’ll ever get a slow cooker, so pulled pork is still on my list of never again foods.

If you have an oven - 130 degrees C for 6 hours :slight_smile: no need for a slow cooker :wink:

(MooBoom) #5671

Today’s meals. I’ve been leaning more and more towards carnivore of late and I feel fan-bloody-tastic after a day like this!

And yes, that’s a LOT of food and yes, I ate it ALL :smiling_imp:

(Steve) #5672

Molcajete (mol-ca-het-ay)
Most Mexican restaurants serve their version of molcajete which is the most keto friendly way of eating Mexican, give it a try, it’s like fajitas without the tortillas and 10 times better. I searched the forum and don’t see anyone cooking it?
We have this Mexican treat once a month for years now. Heat your lava bowl on high until smoking hot like this, 500 degrees will do…

I save various sous vide and BBQ meats throughout the month, warm them on the grill.
Brisket point, pork belly, pork shoulder, chicken thighs, shrimp, chorizo and jalapeno poppers. Grill up some poblanos, plumb tomato, onion and mini peppers.
Place everything into the smoking molcajete and add queso fresco cheese and homemade green sauce. Everything bubbles and caramelizes for a good half hour. We serve it with lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, lime and avocado.

This is our cheat day which is still really low carb.

I serve it on this plank because it’s too hot for the table.

(Jane) #5673

A rarity for me - breakfast. Burger King croissant-wich minus the croissant

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5674

Warm chicken and spinach salad with avocado and radishes, smothered in melted chilli infused ghee! This was different and delicious!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #5675

This sounds amazing.

(Jody) #5676

You could have stopped at the first picture … looked good to me!
:+1:

(Jody) #5677

Just got some Ribeyes for me and NY Strip for the wife at Costco yesterday! The price really is good there.

(Jody) #5678

Man, the done-ness of that steak is ON POINT!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5679

Thank you! It was delicious! All the spinach leaves had a nice coating of ghee. Made a nice change to heat the chicken too! :blush::hugs:

(Christy) #5680

I only have one rule in my kitchen: If you want your steak cooked over medium rare, you have to cook it yourself :sunglasses:

(Jody) #5681

A rule I could TOTALLY support !!

My wife is a medium rare girl and my daughter is between rare and medium rare. Sometimes mine is too under done for her, but most times she likes it rare :slight_smile:

(Christy) #5682

It’s taken a bit of trickery to get my husband to enjoy med rare but, he is finally on board. Mostly because he’d rather me cook. Not gonna lie though, I caught him side eyeing me in slight disgust as I ate my practically raw meat last night :joy::rofl:

(Windmill Tilter) #5683

Lol. Yeah, with a NY Strip, or a Ribeye I would have left it rare. Chuck roast is a lot like brisket; it’s so full of connective tissue that it’s the meat version of chewing gum unless it’s ground or the internal temp spends some time at 200 degrees.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5684

Did you really put 2 cups of lime juice? It seems excessive compared to some other versions I’ve seen. Looks pretty great Eric.