What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Karen) #5645

Lunch @ Dulles

Beef burger sans bun, Swiss, onions, mushrooms, bacon, a touch BBQ sauce

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5646

Bacon Wrapped Bratwurst and
3 Kinds of Sauerkraut

It’s a wiener! Yum :yum:. :cowboy_hat_face:

How did you make it? I just made some in the crockpot. Took all day but I didn’t have to do anything but put it in, take it out, stir it with a fork, and it all shredded up beautifully. Made it with a mustard based homemade bbq sauce. Slow cookers are amazing.

This is how my Wife makes it too, and it comes out great. She also uses a BBQ Sauce where she substitutes Liquid Stevia where it calls for Brown Sugar. Pretty good.

Tonight’s meal… Had a Salad, then some Country Pork Ribs and a Rack of Ribs, plus Cauli-Egg Salad and Sauerkraut. Also some Pickles & Olives.

I get them at Costco for about $10/lb. It’s worth the price of admission given how many I eat.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5651

My husband and I say like every 4 months, “We should get a Costco card”. For years now lol. Hasnt happened!!!

Are the rib eyes routinely that much? What size packs do they come in?

(Khara) #5652

Ok… how did you do yours? :bacon: :hotdog:

I made pulled pork. bf says it’s good.
I also made pork tenderloins for the week so he could feed while I work late again almost all week
Last, my dinner, I have eaten chicken! 23 year veg but I love how this diet makes me feel so much I’m experimenting. Feel a bit bad about it because I’m a lover of animals and feel quite a bit hypocritical but I figure I can always go back after testing it out.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5654

So inspired by your post I decided to give it a try. I had cooked bacon this morning and had a bunch of fat in the skillet. I wrapped a thick bacon slice around each one and put them on a foil lined pan in my counter top convection oven at 400F for about 15 minutes. The bacon was cooked but not crispy so I fired up that skillet and when the fat was hot I put them in and rolled them around every so often till the bacon was crisp. Keeper, thanks for the idea. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5655

So do tell, not bad eh? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5656

No pics because honestly: I’m exhausted and I just forgot. But after a busy weekend (daughter started lacrosse recently - 2 games yesterday, a game today, AND a bridal shower today :sweat_smile:) I made a nice big piece of salmon with asparagus and mushrooms. My go-to quick and easy meal. Had half this evening and I’ll have the other half tomorrow. I also cooked up some ground beef to make taco bowls for my Tuesday and Wednesday meals, since daughter has practice tomorrow and I know I’ll be home late / not in the mood to cook.

I liked it. Apparently I’m very good at roasting chicken :open_mouth:
It is sooooo much easier to eat low carb too. I’ve had 10 total carbs today. Usually I do 30ish and with the fiber between 20-25 net carbs.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5658

Probably cheaper eating real meat mostly. Glad you tried it. Welcome to the dark side🧟‍♂️

Yep. I imagine prices vary somewhat around the country, but they are routinely the same price. Typically, the packs are 3–4 lbs. I can usually find something that’s about 3 lbs., which is small enough for me to split up and freeze (single person, no chest freezer).

Costco has reasonable deals on meat and a pretty decent selection. I also get a lot of salmon there. But I live in the PNW, so that might be regional. They also have cheap rotisserie chickens that people love, half-gallons of heavy cream, big bags of riced cauliflower, cheap eggs, six packs of sardines, good pickles, large jars of olives, and huge bags of almonds, walnuts & pecans. I get all these things at significant savings over my regular grocery stores.

(Ernest) #5660

Outer isle gourmet cauliflower pizza crust… Quesadilla

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5661

Im on the Jersey Shore so plentiful seafood near me, so I should probably find similar stuff.

Im really going to have give it a go. Tho we hqbe no room for a chest freezer nd our fridge freeser is stupid small.

I think it’s usefulness also depends are how far it is from you. It’s less than 15 minutes from me, so I can go every couple of weeks, buy smaller amounts, and not worry about needing a chest freezer.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5663

@x-Dena-x mines tiny too but all there is is meat, butter and cheese! Anyway I use a Foodsaver and you can repackage large family packs into compact little bags. I save lots of money and always have a selection of meats instead of going to the store all the time.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5664

I SUCK at food shopping. I always think I’m being thrifty and I get to the checkout and its $150 lol. I start off well enough, then somewhere along the way I end up throwing tons of products in the cart.

I need someone else to shop for me. I cant be trusted!